The 2014 MoFie Award Ceremonies

Tools    

WTF?!? Not only do I not win Funniest or Smartest, but I'm not even nominated? Most Creative? Nope, not there, either. That's some bullpucky. Now I know how Kanye felt. If there were a stage I would have rushed it, in disgust.

While I do appreciate the love for the MoFo Top 100 Movies of the 1970s list, which was both a lot of work and a lot of fun, I cannot in good conscience accept an award from this votership. I have sent Sacheen to refuse the trophy.

But thank you?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	sacheen.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	19462  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Ok that's it. You've been flirting with it but now you just made me enemies list.

Looks like we have another couple of possible entries for my enemies list.
Yes, well, just put my name down on your little list, as well. We're through!

I voted for you for "Best Reviewer" but you didn't VOTE FOR ME?! Especially not for Funniest MoFo?!

That's it! Add my name. Next year, I'm voting for Rodent.

Well... maybe not. He probably didn't vote at all for me, either. I'LL VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE!

WTF?!? Not only do I not win Funniest or Smartest, but I'm not even nominated? Most Creative? Nope, not there, either. That's some bullpucky.
I completely feel your pain. I think you are far funnier than Honeykid (and you're creative.) I could understand it all better if you had won Funniest MoFo (a little), but this Honeykid thing... it's only because he's super nice to everybody. He sucked up and kissed a$$ for votes. His puns and innuendo and QUOTING EVERYTHING I SAY FOR A LAUGH (while I do all the work!) are bland and safe and typical entertainment for the kind of people who wanna be stranded on a desert island with Miss Vicky. I was robbed -- thank you, people I won't mention, who told me so privately.

Geez, way to be gracious. At least you won an award. I won half an award last year and half an award this year.

Also, you're no Marlon Brando.
Come on, our MOFIE Holden Pike is waaay better than than Marlon "Stella!" Brando.

Thanks, I appreciate it. It is definitely tough. I nearly broke down and cried when I walked in, she looked terrible. But, all you can do in these situations is try and stay positive, as practically impossible as it might seem. I feel it's the right time for her to go, and I think she thinks so too.
Swan, I wish you a lot of strength, my friend. I had the same experience with my grandfather a couple of years ago. I also broke down and cried for hours. Seeing someone you respect and love so much being so unbelievably sick and helpless is one of the most painful and emotional things I've ever been through. Cherish those last moments, though, even if they are painful to go through.

Be sure to remember the good times with your grandmother and give yourself some time and space at times to think about her. You'll see that in some kind of strange way she'll always stay a part of you.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Did I miss something? When/why did Rodent become an enemy of JayDee?
To be fair tensions between us have now eased. Our 'feud' was at its most potent a couple of years ago and it centred around reviews. While there are a lot of regular reviewers around now, a couple of years ago it seemed to be just us two battling it out.

I'm insulted that I'm not top of that list. I bet you voted for yourself as best reviewer, didn't you?
Well if I was ranking it in terms of the most evil you'd certainly be top but Rodent has been a nemesis for much longer. And no I did not vote for myself. I can't remember who exactly I did vote for but it wasn't myself.

Well to fill out the list I just thought of people that piss me off and that I can't stand. And I just can't stand Rogen.

Why would you not vote for yourself in a category like "Best Reviewer?" I mean, my God -- I voted for myself in the "Thank You For Being a Friend To Me" category.

...It came into my mind (before the second ceremony actually) to perhaps suggest that winners would be made ineligible for that award the following year to spread the love around. As one of those people that would be affected however I'm now thinking f*ck it! I want to go for the hat-trick!
I actually like JayDee's idea..."that winners would be made ineligible for that award the following year to spread the love around."...as it would spread the love around. It was nice that people were made happy by winning or even just by being nominated.

I have a question: if people are allowed to vote for themselves, are they also allowed to vote with other IDs that they might have?
I hope not.

I say to the idea of making people ineligible for a category if they've won it the previous year. If people want "the love spread around" they need to earn it by outdoing everybody else. The only award that can't have repeat winners, obviously, is Best New MoFo.

What about people excluding themselves? I kinda think I should be excluded from some or all, since running the site probably gives me an unfair advantage in some. Particularly Master of Movies--I mean, I was way out of my league with those other nominees.

I think I agree with Miss Vicky just because I can imagine myself becoming angry later on about not being eligible again.

Asking to be excluded? That's different and sounds fine. But I hope people don't feel pressured to do it.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I say to the idea of making people ineligible for a category if they've won it the previous year. If people want "the love spread around" they need to earn it by outdoing everybody else. The only award that can't have repeat winners, obviously, is Best New MoFo.
I'm completely with you. Half the fun I had this year was seeing if the same people would take the award again.

Master of My Domain
But The Mofies are an award to acknowledge the members who have been a great contribution to the community, not something that we give to everyone. For this reason like MV and Sexy I disagree to JayDee's idea. I get what is trying to be done with ineligibility but then there would be no special aspect of The Mofies.

What about people excluding themselves? I kinda think I should be excluded from some or all, since running the site probably gives me an unfair advantage in some. Particularly Master of Movies--I mean, I was way out of my league with those other nominees.
I'm okay with that. People should be able to opt out if they don't think they belong on the ballot or if they think others deserve a better shot at it, but shouldn't be automatically excluded because they've won before.