Movies with jumps forward in time

Tools    

]Does anybody know any movies like where they skip time. Ya know when they like say TEN YEARS LATER and time skips. Someone please tell me lol I'm just curious cause I like movies like that.

WARNING: "Godzilla, 2014" spoilers below
You've seen godZilla right. I think that movie has it. Do uk I think it's like 12 or 15 years

Haven't seen the new Godzilla... seen all the others but can't remember.

Just done some research, the trope itself is called a "Time Skip"...

Cast Away has a 4 years jump... Dark Knight Rises has a jump in time though it's not really shown very clearly.

"Time Dilation" is another but is used when a main character doesn't see the progression of time.
Flight Of The Navigator is a prime example where he gets knocked out and upon waking, it's 8 years later, leaving him confused.
Steven Seagal movie Hard To Kill is another. He ends up in a coma and wakes up after 7 years, meaning the film has jumped 7 years and Seagal's character has to adjust.

THE ORPHANAGE (2007) has a nine month forward time leap but no title card. The jump is exposed in dialogue.

Brimming with rififi!
2001:A Space Odyssey
This is what I immediately thought of as well. I think 2001's jump cut covers the longest stretch of time among any other films--millions of years.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
The 2012 version of Les Miserables has two time jumps with "X years later" cards. Eight years after Valjean decides to skip out on his parole and five after he adopts Cossette. The Back to the Future trilogy doesn't use title cards but they have time jumps ranging from 1885 to 1985.

Forrest Gump?

The Place Beyond the Pines

Personally, I loved this movie. It has some great themes.
About halfway through there is a big jump in time. Very unexpected as well.

"#GAMEOVER420BLAZIT" -bluedeed

Make a better place
MIB 3