Need a movie recommendation - occultism, mystery, symbolism...

Tools    

First of all, hello. This is my first post on this forum. I was kinda torn apart between this and another one subcategory. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway, the title says much of it. You remember "Angels and Demons" and "The Da Vinci Code", don't you? I have been searching for such a movie for a long time and yet I couldn't find any.

Here's a more detailed description:

In those two movies I liked the mystery that was present, and how the main actor(s) figured out where to go and where to search. On the other hand, I like movies that feature those secretive groups like the Illuminati, Freemason brotherhood etc.

I have found one, but I don't know if it's worth watching. It's "From Hell".

Also, if you do not know any such movie, feel free to recommend me a kind of treasure hunt movie, Indiana Jones excluded. I hope you get my point; you have mysteries there too (The Holy Grail) etc.

For Treasure Hunt movies try The Goonies.
You might like National Treasure movies with Nicolas Cage. Not keen on them myself but might be worth a look if you like that sort of thing.

As for occult, you mentioned From Hell, it's is kinda ok, but it's more a murder mystery with a bit of illuminati thrown in at the end. Decent film overall though.
More action oriented is End Of Days with Schwarzenegger and Gabriel Byrne.

More occult and Freemason style stuff and secret societies and stuff...

Dead Poets Society
Fight Club
Nolan's Batman films have the secret society called The League Of Shadows
The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Harry Potter movies are filled with this sort of thing
Bram Stoker's Dracula (the Keanu Reeves version) contains a secret society called Order Of The Dragon

Sorry for the triple post... I forgot about the KKK being included in some films too...

Birth Of A Nation and Mississippi Burning both have the KKK. Mississippi Burning in particular is a very good film.

Thanks very much. I am downloading Mississippi Burning right now.

I have one more question though. Do you know any good disaster movies? I found a bunch of them, but they are poorly rated on IMDb. You know, the ones where the earth suddenly faces a climate change, floods etc.

Murder by Decree (1979), which has Sherlock Holmes and Watson (Christopher Plummer & James Mason) tracking Jack the Ripper, who (spoiler alert) may be under the protection of Freemasons.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	decree.png
Views:	1596
Size:	386.9 KB
ID:	16136  
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Natural Disasters?

Roland Emmerich's movies The Day After Tomorrow and 2012, but 2012 isn't great tbh.

Earthquake (1974)
Waterworld
The Core (2003)
Dante's Peak
Volcano (Tommy Lee Jones)
Deep Impact
The Perfect Storm
The Poseidon Adventure
Twister (Bill Paxton)
Cloverfield (borderline natural disaster)
George A Romero's Dead Series... 5 films based on Zombies

Go Agead, Make My Day
Thanks very much. I am downloading Mississippi Burning right now.

I have one more question though. Do you know any good disaster movies? I found a bunch of them, but they are poorly rated on IMDb. You know, the ones where the earth suddenly faces a climate change, floods etc.
The Day The Earth Stood Still
The Day After Tomorrow
The Road (but thus is about what happens after the disaster)

"El Topo" and "Holy Mountain" are filled with Occultism and Symbolism

There is a scene in El Topo of a "lamb on a cross crucified" on a white wall... there are many other things symbolic in these two films.. you should check them out..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hol...ain_(1973_film)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Topo

watch Sinister by Scott Derrickson definitely one of the best horror movie of the decade with occultism.

I would very much recommend watching Pan's Labyrinth My personal favorite. It's mystical and scary at the same time, a true masterpiece if you ask me

Um, hello?? The freaking Master anyone??

Fire walk with me.