What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Moderately sozzled.
Jolene
Diminished Capacity
Gravity
Crash (2004)
Joan Of Arc (1999)
Red Planet

As for why: Jessica Chastain, Virginia Madsen, Sandra Bullock (x2), Milla Jovovich & Carrie-Anne Moss.

I got the 3D blu-ray of World War Z, because i have a 3D tv at home and i think it's a waste not to buy anything for it.

This came out here this week in Britain, so added it to the collection until the director's cut is released later in the year through Criterion:

Because I freakin' love John C. Reilly

Because I wanted the director/PSH commentary and because, y'know, PSH.

Total Recall

Because I realized just the other day that I never replaced my VHS copy.

Amistad

Because I was looking at Spielberg's IMDb page and was reminded of it. Also because Matthew McConaughey.

The Seventh Seal. I had actually bought it for years ago, lent it out and never got it back. I don't buy any other DVD's since I typically just stream on Amazon, X Box LIVE or Netflix. But old gems like these are difficult to find via streaming (or at least that was the case when I bought TSS).

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I bought these 4 and should get them tomorrow

Chinatown- cause Nicholson is the man
Double Indemnity- because I need more Wilder in my collection
Dial M for. Murder- because I need all good Hitchcock films
After Hours- because it is one of the best of the 80s and I love Scorcese films

Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Black Swan, Silver Linings; Playbook, Donnie Darko and Fight Club.

I rarely buy DVD's but they were in sale so I decided to pick a few up. I'd already seen them though.

Because I'm in a childhood type of mood:

I love this film. I rediscovered it two years ago after having not seen it since the '80s.

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection

Just picked this up pretty cheap on eBay.

It includes: Saboteur, Shadow of a Doubt, Rope, Rear Window, The Trouble with Harry, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Vertigo, Marnie, Torn Curtain, Topaz, Frenzy, Family Plot

I'm a little annoyed that The Birds is included and North By Northwest isn't, but it's costing me about $2 a movie so oh well.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
The last DVD I bout was Man Of Steel.

I love this film. I rediscovered it two years ago after having not seen it since the '80s.
Same here - I hadn't seen it since the 80's (when I was a little kid) and it's even better than I remember.

Yesterday I bought, The Man who shot Liberty Valance and The Night of the Hunter.

I'd already seen Night of the Hunter but needed to have it in my DVD collection, Watched Liberty Valance today and what a superb film it was, the 5th Ford film I've seen (Stagecoach, Grapes of Wrath, My Darling Clementine and The Searchers being the others) and every one of his films I've seen so far have been of the highest calibre, did this man make any poor films?

A friend and I hung out yesterday and visited one of our favorites stores that sells a ton of DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs and vinyl. Even when I don't plan on spending money, many of the deals are too often to good to pass up. The movies listed above are all movies that I love, I just hadn't yet the opportunity to add them to my collection. Well, now I have.

Picked up Stay for $3.99 at Hastings, as to the reason there isn't a BD release. At least not a NA, one. Good flick too.