Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

World War Z

Labelled as an Apocalyptic Horror... more of a Mystery Thriller with a lot of gore and exceptionally well choreographed action backing up the story.

Pretty well written too.

Heard a lot of things about "read the book and you'll hate the film"... well, I haven't read the book and being as non-biased as I always am when reviewing a film: I think it's a damned good flick.

Wish I'd have seen it in the cinema now tbch... glad I took the chance and bought the DVD today though...

But if I reviewed it fully in my thread:
My Rating: 87%

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Ok,so I watched Nolan's TDK trilogy again,so here is what I think about it.

Batman Begins:

This movie shows motivation behind Batman,and it dose it perfectly,it shows dark side,it makes you think who is real,Batman or Bruce Wayne,villains are good,some people complain about Scarecrow but Nolan wanted to keep it realistic and he done a good job.Plot twist was good,acting was fantastic,dialog was good...I love how Batman is still new to this,he makes some mistakes,he goes unprepared...Some legendary scenes,costumes were good looking,that "fight the fear,use the fear" part is as good as it gets.
Verdict: 9.5/10

The Dark Knight

This is 1. on my top ten list...So let's do this...Acting 10/10,story 10/10,motivation behind characters 10/10,atmosphere 10/10,dialog 10/10...Costumes were good,Joker was incredible,just looking so good,some people complain about Two Face but he was a good guy with a dark side,he got half of his body burned,ofc he will go insane very fast,I mean that happen to Joker,but people never complained about that...I tried to find something bad about this movie,but its so hard...It was a masterpiece for me,some people find it as only good movie,and I respect that,as long as you find it good,if someone comes and says this movie sucks,well f*ck you...If you want you can hate every movie in this world...I don't think we need to talk too much about this one...
Verdict: 10/10

The Dark Knight Rises

First 2 movies are incredible,and most of people will say the same thing about them,but when it comes to this one...Ok,so let's start like this,Nolan is one of my fav directors,first of all he started making movies when i was young so you can call him director of my generation,second he is making movies that are in my fav genre(thriller)...I think its important to say,he didn't want to make TDKR after death of Heath,he got pushed into it by WB,because first 2 movies earned a lot of money,so when you don't go into movie happy and wanting to do it,that could end up bad...Story was nod bad,it was not epic but it was ok,I mean nice references to BB,it showed us that first movie happen,you know its same universe,he had family etc...When it comes to dialog,its fine,kinda hard to understand Bane in few scenes but its ok,acting was ok,yes yes I know that scene everybody hates,and I hate it too ,but look it was one very short scene in 3 hours long movie...Bane was maybe best part of this,smart/strong,this time we saw real Bane...This movie was created in shadow of TDK,it was hard from the start.I still think this was a good movie,not epic,just simply good.Someone will say its bad,its trash etc,but I don't see it that way...
Verdict: 8.5/10

Pi (1998)

I wanted to love this film. But I only liked it. It showcases Aronofsky's talent. He's got a seriously good eye for detail and a good way of portraying all things psyhcological related. But in the end the film is a little bit disjointed. I get that it was supposed to be in a way. As the lead character is sufferring from horrible mental delusions. But ultimately I can't give it anything higher than a 6.5 / 10.

The Last Picture Show

I thought this was excellent despite the fact that it seemed to be 4 hours long. It's fascinating in it's simplicity and realism, with a few strong emotional moments. I would like to watch it again after a few months; I feel that I could grow to love it.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Catch Me If You Can had a lot to live up to as far as my expectations went, I can remember my older brother calling it one of the greatest movies that he has ever seen, critics adored it, and Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks have only gotten more appreciation from me over the years. Tom Hanks' performance wasn't anything particularly amazing, however, he was an applicable adversary to Leonardo DiCaprio's character. He wasn't bad, but I never really connected with his character, he felt like a lovable buffoon before transitioning into what was supposedly a worthy combatant. Their feud didn't necessarily captivate me in the same way that Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon did in The Departed, but Leonardo DiCaprio felt extremely comfortable in his role. Christopher Walken does well in the movie, playing Frank Abagnale's father.

There are a lot of movies that I tend to overlook by Leonardo DiCaprio, merely because their covers don't make me feel as though I am in for an amazing movie. The Aviator was an example of this, looking very, very generic, reminiscent of Jake Gyllenhaal's October Sky, but then, when I watched it, I realized that the movie was actually extremely well put together and DiCaprio did extremely well in his role. This movie was a lot like that at first, which probably explains why it has taken me so long to actually take the time to watch the movie. The cover looked like of a comedy than anything else, and while there are a lot of funny moments, the movie offers a whole lot more in-terms of depth.

Leonardo DiCaprio plays a teenage-boy named Frank Abagnale that runs away from his family, encumbered with a cheating mother and shady father, both loving, and he begins to utilize his wits for tax fraud, stealing millions of dollars from the government. Meanwhile, Tom Hanks plays Carl Hanratty, the FBI agent that is desperately trying to catch him. This is, of course, based on a true-story, similar to The Aviator, and while I am certain that there is probably a lot of inaccuracies or modifications done to glamorize the ordeal, a lot of the happenings make for strong entertainment. Leonardo DiCaprio's character is so confident, calm, and quite frankly, he makes it look so easy.

While I believe the movie falls short of other movies including Leonardo DiCaprio like The Departed, Django Unchained, and The Aviator, there is a lot of enjoyment to be had and it can most certainly be seen as another great movie in Leonardo's resume.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Solaris

Intelligent and thought-provoking, just wish it wasn't such a chore to sit through.

Friends Don't Let Friends Pay Movie Prices for Rentals
ROBOCOP (2014) RENT for me. Ok action, Ok story, but kept me entertained.

Gingersnaps- A+ (great story line, awesome characters for a b movie)

Perks of Being a Wallflower: One of the most unique movies I've ever seen. Still awesome seeing it for the 3rd time.

Gravity: Definitely wasn't the same watching it on my 32 inch tv, but still a very good movie that kept me on the edge of my seat.
]

The Bad Sleep Well

Another great movie from Kurosawa. The ending was a little bit unexpected but i liked it.

The Fortune Cookie

I was expecting a good comedy as The Odd Couple and didn't disappoint me.

The Man who wasn't There-Coen Brother films have always had a hint of film-noir, but with this film they fully embrace it. This neo-noir has dazzling black-white cinematography, great acting and a tight script. It truly feels like a classic film-noir.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Picnic at Hanging Rock- 7/10 a good film, though part of me felt like it could have been better. Overall can't complain for a first watch.

The Wind Rises, 5/5. Everything about the movie was perfect. The acting, the animation, the story, just everything. Without a doubt in my mind it is Miyazaki at his best. If he really does retire, never to make a film again, this is the perfect send off. Any fans of animation, need to see it.

The Wind Rises, 5/5. Everything about the movie was perfect. The acting, the animation, the story, just everything. Without a doubt in my mind it is Miyazaki at his best. If he really does retire, never to make a film again, this is the perfect send off. Any fans of animation, need to see it.
Have heard so much good things about this movie so far. Can't wait to watch it!
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Who do you think will win the Oscar

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
I did laugh quite a few times while watching this I admit. It's a solid comedy, but its very overrated though.