The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Movies

→ in
Tools    

The HOFs are extremely influential in these countdowns so if you want something to make it join one and nominate a Sci-Fi film. If the 11th was before the Action Countdown the incredibly unpopular Bringing Up Baby would've probably made it

Vote for Fantastic Planet people!!!

That falls under the category of films I respect but don't actually like.

Also, I like that you're promoting an animated film after you said you probably won't be voting for animated films.

They are not sci-fi! There's already a separate list for comic book films!
They're classified as Sci-Fi on IMDb, ergo they qualify for this list.
So we'll end up duplicating half of an existing list just because you can't function without IMDb?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

That falls under the category of films I respect but don't actually like.

Also, I like that you're promoting an animated film after you said you probably won't be voting for animated films.
Yes I'm breaking my own rules.

So we'll end up duplicating half of an existing list just because you can't function without IMDb?
Just because films have already been qualified for/included in other lists doesn't mean they should be disqualified for this one. Should we throw out animated films too? They had their own list.

superhero movies are definitely sci-fi. the worst thing that can happen for this list is if everybody starts arguing over what qualifies and then everybody decides to start using their own definitions and then there's no consensus and then certain movies suffer because some people didn't think they were sci-fi. this list is measuring the best 100 films that fit under the very loose umbrella of science fiction, not the top 100 films that have the most science fiction in them, because that's an impossible metric for a community of people to base a list on.
criticker

Let the night air cool you off
Technically we can vote for Eraserhead. I love Eraserhead, but I doubt I'd vote for it for this list. Other fans of the movie can persuade or dissuade me on the matter.

Slob - If you don't think superhero/comic book films should qualify, then don't vote for them.

The rest of us will decide for ourselves.

i suppose if everybody agrees that a certain film shouldn't be sci-fi, yet it's classified as sci-fi on imdb, then we could discuss it and make a separate section on the first page with excluded films, as long as it doesn't get out of hand. it's not ideal to have to split hairs like this, but the most important thing is that everybody is on the same page.

like if someone puts eraserhead on their list, yet the rest of the film's fans didn't consider it sci-fi enough to include it, then that person just wasted a spot on their list because they were essentially playing with different rules than everybody else.

I'll be sending my ballot in soon, but I need to rewatch a few films and get a verdict on those I put up for consideration before I finalize it.

Yeah, never mind. I remembered I joined the worst movie list and that was 25. Brain fart.