The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Lord High Filmquisitor
I'm definitely liking more of the shows as the countdown progresses. Archer is an amazigg hilarious Show (mine and my girlfriend's default thing to put on when we can't agree on a movie). Avatar was amazingly epic from start to finish. Family Guy, while hilarious, has definitely passed its prime.

I was especially happy to see The Andy Griffith Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show, two of my favorites since childhood that I have my parents to thank for.

Trouble with a capital "T"
I guess I don't watch much TV...I've never seen a complete episode of The Andy Griffith Show, The Dick Van Dyke Show. I'd be willing to watch The Dick Van Dyke Show it looks good.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
70. Curb Your Enthusiasm (1999- )

Theme Song

Quote: Man: Are you Jewish?
Larry David: You want to check my penis?

An improvised comedy series created by and starring Larry David.

David plays a fictionalized version of himself and the show had many guest stars also playing fictionalized versions of themselves.

The subject is usually the mundane aspects of life as well as David's social ineptness.

Curb Your Enthusiasm clears a suspect: Juan Catalan was cleared of murder charges after the show's footage showed him and his daughter at a baseball game at the time of the murder.

Script: The most the actors got was a detailed plot outline. They had to improvise everything else.

Placements: 1 21st, 1 17th, 1 4th, 1st

69. Northern Exposure (1990 - 1995)

Theme Song

Quote: There's a dark side to each and every human soul. We wish we were Obi-Wan Kenobi, and for the most part we are, but there's a little Darth Vader in all of us. Thing is, this ain't no either-or proposition. We're talking about dialectics, the good and the bad merging into us. You can run but you can't hide. My experience? Face the darkness. Stare it down. Own it. As brother Nietzsche said, being human is a complicated gig. So give that ol' dark night of the soul a hug. Howl the eternal yes! ~ Chris Stevens

Sitcom about a doctor who is sent to Alaska to practice. It's another fish out of water type set-up with the big city doctor interacting with the eccentric residents.

Praise: Northern Exposure received several award nominations and many critics wrote favorable reviews on the show. Simon Pegg commented that it was one of the influences on the show Spaced. (# 73 on this list)

Themes: It was a show with a lot of humanity that dealt with the themes of aging, love, death, art, religion and more. It did so in a humorous but sensitive and sometimes very touching manner.

Placements: 2 14th 1 16th, 1 10th, 1 15th

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Woo Hoo! "Northern Exposure" was my 10th, but since I'm rewatching it now with my daughter, I think I underrated it. Everybody is awesome (especially semi-regular Adam Arkin), the writing is mind-blowingly great and the direction is very creative. Rob Morrow is a really strong, unique central character and he has tremendous chemistry with Janine Turner who I thought was the most-attractive TV personality this side of "Twin Peaks". Others can sing the rightful praises of "Curb Your Enthusiasm".

I've never seen Curb Your Enthusiasm, but I love Seinfeld so I should.

Northern Exposure didn't make my list but if I had of seen it recently it would have. I really need to watch it again as I used to love it. I don't know why it doesn't play in syndication anywhere as it's one of the best shows of it's kind. It's one of the maybe five shows that I've ever liked off one episode.

Had Northern Exposure at #16. Great show.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

It’s A Classic Rope-A-Dope
Northern Exposure was my 14th. Have always loved that show. Desperately want to rewatch it, just have not shelled out the money for the DVDs yet.

Curb was not on my list but should have been. When its going right it is as funny as anything that has ever been on TV.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
70. Curb Your Enthusiasm (1999- )
69. Northern Exposure (1990 - 1995)
Placements: 1, 14th, 1 16th, 1 10th, 1 14th, 1 15th

I've seen a few episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm", but I didn't really care for the show. (I'm not a fan of "Seinfeld" either.)

I liked "Northern Exposure", but not enough to include it on my list. However my Mom will be happy to hear that it made the list. It's one of her favorite shows.

BTW, did "Northern Exposure" get one 14th place vote, or two 14th place votes? (It's written twice.)

I've seen a few episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm", but I didn't really care for the show. (I'm not a fan of "Seinfeld" either.)

I liked "Northern Exposure", but not enough to include it on my list. However my Mom will be happy to hear that it made the list. It's one of her favorite shows.

BTW, did "Northern Exposure" get one 14th place vote, or two 14th place votes? (It's written twice.)
It received two, but I didn't realize that when I made the post or I would have put them together. I edited it so that it now reads 2 14th placements.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Janine Turner who I thought was the most-attractive TV personality this side of "Twin Peaks"
I almost voted for Northern Exposure and that was mainly due to my fond memories of Janine Turner.

Then I remembered that she's a massive right-winger and the notion ended almost as soon as it had begun. Love is a fickle thing...

Curb Your Enthusiasm is the second from my list, i had it at 21. I actually prefer it to Seinfeld, Larry David just has an amazing talent of cracking me up, i also think it's evident that the best of Seinfeld 1-7 was mostly written by Larry. When i was making my second list for Godoggo, i wasn't sure to include it or not because i hadn't seen it in a while. I'm happy i did though, a few nights ago i caught the episode where he pretends to be racist to get out of jury duty .

Haven't watched Northern Exposure, but it looks interesting.

Northen Exposure used to be on Channel 4 back in the 90's, Chirstine. Curb is another BBC2 late night slot.

I used to like Northen Exposure and, while I enjoyed it, I was never really into it. I'd like to see it again just to see how it holds up.

Still none of my list. Not that I really expect any for a while.