The MoFo Voice Thread

Tools    

You can hear it's an impression, but it's good. I say that as an Englishman, so you know how terrible it probably is.

Apart from the 200 mile difference

Yorkshire is closer to Birmingham and look at the difference there.

Scotland is strange though... the further north into Scotland you go, the softer the accent.
Does this happen a lot? It happens in France. Some would say it happens in England too, but I instantly go Geordies and think, "really?"

'tis.

I lived on the Moray Firth in Forres... and the border area around Glasgow and Edinburgh is a much harsher accent.

I lived in the Highlands as well in a place called Evanton where they taught Gaelic in Schools and all TV shows were dubbed into Gaelic too.
Much softer than South Scotland. The closer you get to England the harsher the accent gets.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Rodent sounds like an angel on his Glaswegian one. God knows what's going on with you Matt, you sound like a crazy Farmer or something.
In Australia, backpackers from around the world do the one job Aussie won't do - tomato picking, so we did. We weren't getting paid, we lived, ate, worked together, everything. So it's a culmination of what I was being asked to imitate. There were people from over 20 different countries, so ya pick up on little things.

Interesting you mention Edinburgh, because the other 2 Scottish guys were from there.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
'tis.

I lived on the Moray Firth in Forres... and the border area around Glasgow and Edinburgh is a much harsher accent.

I lived in the Highlands as well in a place called Evanton where they taught Gaelic in Schools and all TV shows were dubbed into Gaelic too.
Much softer than South Scotland. The closer you get to England the harsher the accent gets.
There was a guy from Liverpool who had a real Scouse accent. Manchester can be difficult, but I still think it's hardest to understand a guy from Glasgow who talks real fast with a lot of slang. First time I ever heard the word "bawbag"