Val Kilmer

Tools    

Banned from Hollywood.
he's an ok actor..i agree that he was good in Top Gun..i liked him a lot in The Doors.

I also agree that he was quite average in Heat, but he was quite good in Wonderland.

overall of all his movies i've see i would say his greatest performance was in The Doors.

My personal favorites with Val Kilmer were "The Saint" adn "Tombstone". Kilmer's range of acting was clearly displayed in The former. His changing of accents, mannerisms, etc. were done on a level not many actors could have done. "I'll be your Huckleberry; that's just my game." My favorite line.

All I know is he did really was in his "prime" during Tombstone
(no that was not a comment on his physique, it was a reference)
Honestly I just really liked him in that movie, his character and how he played himself I thought was phenomenal.
As Blue Cowboy said

"I'll be your Huckleberry; that's just my game." My favorite line.[/quote]

Felon (2008) I was really set back by this film. It's a great little film. it has its slow spots but the arc of the characters and the story are amazing and really work.

Deja Vu (2006) not really great Kilmer performance but I throughly enjoyed this film.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005) outstanding performance by Downey Jr and Kilmer. Kilmer has made quite a few of these films in recent years some have worked out for him some haven't this one does big time.

Alexander (2004) hit and miss to many people I liked it but again I feel as if im in a pretty small boat on this one.

Mindhunters (2004) silly little film with an agetha cristie ten little indians story. Kilmer plays little to no part in this one. I think he has something to the tune of 3 scene in this film.

Spartan (2004) totally underappreciated film. Mamet weaves a great tale and Kilmer is absoluetly tremendous.

Wonderland (2003) fantastic performance.

Red Planet (2000) I read a review in timeout the critic states "that you have to be very forgiving to sci-fi's to like this film. I agree, and I like sci-fi's. Could it have been better surely. I don't really see anything wrong with Kilmer's acting but the story really wasn't there.

The Saint (1997) Kind of an oddity in his career. I don't think anyone saw this coming. He pulls it out with gusto. Really, I don't think you can blame his performance for an alright film.

The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) Honestly one of his best characters. I really love the storyline, characters, cinemtography, production etc .......

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1996) I really need to see this film again or do I

Heat (1995) A character piece with De Niro and Pacino at it's core. Kilmer makes De Niro's performance better just like Diane Venora makes Pacino's better. He's one character of many not the two major protagonists.

Batman Forever (1995) Can you beileve he was Bruce Wayne? if only he had a director like Nolan.

Tombstone (1993) This was the one that brought him all the attention rightfully so, he is amazing.

True Romance (1993) He's not reaaly in this much but he sure does make this most of it.

The Real McCoy (1993) It doesn't say much about a film or a performance when you can't remember him even in it.

Thunderheart (1992) Another one of those underappreciated films he's had his fair share of them. great cinemtography as well.

Kill Me Again (1989) fantastic neo noir

Willow (1988) I think he's really in his element here.

Top Gun (1986) He got his name out there

Top Secret! (1984) he was a no name got the part and ran with it it all started with a Spoof ?

any recommendations would be fantastic here's the films that I haven't seen of his.

Hardwired (2009)
The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans (2009)
The Thaw (2009)
American Cowslip (2009)
Streets of Blood (2009)
The Steam Experiment (2009)
Columbus Day (2008)
2:22 (2008)
Conspiracy (2008)
Have Dreams, Will Travel (2007)
Summer Love (2006)
Played (2006)
10th & Wolf (2006)
Moscow Zero (2006)
Stateside (2004)
Blind Horizon (2003)
The Missing (2003)
Masked and Anonymous (2003)
Hard Cash (2002)
The Salton Sea (2002)
Pollock (2000)
Joe the King (1999)
At First Sight (1999)
Dead Girl (1996)
Wings of Courage (1995)
The Doors (1991)

Happy New Year from Philly!
I love him as Doc Holliday and I have to say he is a better Jim Morrison than Morrison was. I think I will give The Ghost and the Darkness a try based on your suggestion L.B. Jeffries.

I've always liked Val Kilmer. I haven't seen all his movies, but I've enjoyed all the ones that I have seen. Top Gun is great, of course, but Top Secret!, Willow and especially Real Genius are 3 of my all time favorites. I also really enjoyed Heat and The Saint.

The Doors and Salton Sea are a must if you've not seen them.
Thanks for the reco`s. I really do need to see The Doors. Espically since ive seen a liked most of Stone`s other work. D.J. Caruso directed The Salton Sea and the premise seems interesting.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Salton Sea I would tell you to watch and even Bad Lieutenant (but not for Val)

Suspect's Reviews

Thanks guys for the recommendations to watch The Sea Salton.

Great film. Weird characters. Some creative imagery. It's played a little heavy handed in some moments but the story defaintly keeps you on your toes. The one singular motif is redemption.

I like his movie Batman Forever