The Videogames Tab

Tools    

Never tried an FM game online that wasn't FM Live. They seem pretty unwieldy in that aspect, how did it play?
Well basicly it`s similar to offline playing, eg. you create a new game (in the preferences you have to click on run as server) give your IP address to the guy you are going to play with (or you can create a virtual network in hamachi) he joins it and then, you two choose teams. Then you can play like you do in offline mode. We use that for playing "clan wars", and playing online with a human opponent is sometimes similar and sometimes different from playing against the computer (it depends on the opponent obviously) and it`s nerve racking if the host has an upload below 512 kbps (as well as when the striker misses an empty goal, you don`t have much chances in an online match). Its interesting really. I haven`t played FML but I hear it`s really good fun.

The People's Republic of Clogher
FML is ok but I think you need to be into MMOs (I'm not) to get the most out of it. It's fast paced and easy to get into but 90% of your fellow players are utter w@nkers, and that's not including the ones who've spent time on other gameworlds and enter a new one as a supposed beginner, then buy all the youth players they can and sit on them for 3 or 4 seasons. When I was there about 6 months ago it was basically a big, badly policed Beta which you paid for. Might be better now though.

Kinda reminds me of hattrick. I don`t like MMOs because its fast paces, and you can`t pause the game to rethink your next move, as I can do with games as Baldurs gate, KOTOR, and even FM. It really helps in an online match when you are losing two to nill and you can pause the game to create a better tactic, especially if you are playing against "big clubs". The best thing about simulations like football manager is that no matter how long you play it, it almost never gets boring and you can never finish it.

You can take 3 or 4 time-outs in FML which pauses the action for about a minute and which your opponent can do nothing about, apart from moan at you because your collection of lower league players (I basically had the Northern Ireland team at one point ) has dared to be beating his Arsenal-like collection of brilliant foetuses.

One of the good things from FML that they've introduced into FM2010 is the on-the-fly tactics that you can select without coming out of the match screen, but you can still pause things when you want to sit back and think about things.

Ive heard that FMl used that, and thats a good thing because I don`t have to create 4 different tactics for every game (the begining, attacking period, still period and the ultimate ending I call them ) but simply get the desired tactic by clicking control, defense, attacking and so on. It reminds me of CM 03/04 and the way I used to win CL with Smederevo at my 3rd season at the club, ultra defensive tactic and beating AC Milan in the finals with only one shot on the goal, good old times

A system of cells interlinked
Too busy with, you guessed it, World of Warcraft. We've gotten to the point where we are running some of the high level 5-man instances, and they are ridiculously challenging and fun. Taking down a giant red dragon with a group of friends after several intense minutes of coordinated fighting is a bit TOO fun...and addicting...

Almost to 80!

You want to post like me?
Nice. Never got past 50 for some reason, and don't play at all anymore. I was a mean ass dwarf though. Tried Warhammer online out and found it slightly more fun than WoW, just because it seemed much more PvP minded. Don't play that anymore either. I'm neck deep in Borderlands right now. You own it though?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Just beat Uncharted and got Uncharted 2.

As well as Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

Suspect's Reviews

Just got a PS3, Resistance I & II, and Virtua Fighter 5.

...uh the post is up there...

I dunno who's in charge of Sony Europe but this is a company who have had a Trophy patch for flOw sitting on their desk (and available everywhere else in the world) for a year and haven't released it.

EDIT - As I type this very post it's been put up on the Euro store so I'm downloading it now.

The only game I got over Christmas was S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky for £3.99 in the Steam sale. Not tried it yet.

Heh, and this must be the day that Sony Europe get their arses in gear! After I wrote that about flOw, I booted the game up and the Trophy patch was finally there.

Welcome to the human race...

Rented out Left 4 Dead 2 on Xbox 360 the other day. Local censorship debates notwithstanding, its superficial innovations such as melee weapons and enemies only serve to highlight just how much the core gameplay has more or less remained unchanged and is starting to get a little stale.