Signs of a bad movie

Tools    

As patriotic a Canadian I am, I think I have to agree with you. I've seen a few Canadian flicks and I find they're hard to appreciate. The Hanging Gardens, Existenz, Margarets Museum - Hard to say good things about them. Even The Sweet Hereafter sucked.

Originally Posted by BrandnewCorporate
canadian movies..like going the distance..it looks decent but it'll end up being crap, it's canadian, with unknwon candian actors.
by the way, im canadian and admiting it. lol

Bet the veteran Mofoer's loved having that Ulysses character around here.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Oooooooooooooooooooohhhh. This one isn't totally true anymore.
He actually had a really funny guest appearance on Entourage last season.

He took the boys out to the desert for a magic mushroom retreat.

Originally Posted by Used Future
Any movies that have this guy in (besides The Matrix)
That's a piece of wood!

Try I Love You to Death.

Also, Parenthood is really good. It's not a favorite among many, but what do I care!?! Try it!

Any movie with the words 'Sex in the City' in the title...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Directed by Michael Bay...

A Jerry Bruckheimer production...

at that point... just stop. Turn around. Go away.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Any movie that is released by WWE Entertainment.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

clealy the cast and the genre of the movie ... but typically signs of a bad movie would be budget as well.. there's lots of factors.. the same question can be asked about signs of a good movie... would it be the same exact factors??

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
clealy the cast and the genre of the movie ... but typically signs of a bad movie would be budget as well.. there's lots of factors.. the same question can be asked about signs of a good movie... would it be the same exact factors??
By your logic, Waterworld is 35 times better than Memento.

A system of cells interlinked
Genre of movie? You mean like comedies are inherently bad or something?

Please elaborate.

Although nothing's foolproof, I find the following a good guideline for me.

Films starring any of the following is usually a good sign.

Samuel L. Jackson
Kate Beckinsale
Jada Pinkett Smith
Nicolas Cage
Sean Connery
Sean Bean
Whoopi (Satan) Goldberg
Steve Martin

It's the US version of an Asian horror film.

It's a remake of an 1980's horror film (although, once they finish with Fame and Footloose, I think we can drop the "horror" part of that.)

It stars someone who made their name on SNL. To be fair though, I don't like most comedies, but the SNL people have a particular place in my bowels.

It's the movie adaptation of a comicbook.

It's released during the Summer blockbuster season.