Top 53 Music Artists Countdown

Tools    

this bugging me myself. It was beleti,brazilian right back.oh memory
Belletti. He went to Chelsea later in his career iirc.
yeah sort of remember it. It was The time chelsea also went final but then john terry slip lol

Also he's Brazillian.
did he? Hehe

Welcome to the human race...
Man, I always miss out on these countdowns. If I paid any less attention to them, they'd be the quiz section.

Anyway, this was my list...

1. Pink Floyd
2. David Bowie
3. Talking Heads
4. Prince
5. Tom Waits
6. Swans
7. Grimes

8. The Drones
9. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
10. Run the Jewels

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've only read through the 1-10 pointers lists so far, and already ALL of my artists have shown up. When I read the 8-pointers list and George Strait wasn't listed, I thought my #3 made the countdown, but then I read the 9-pointers list, and there he was. Somebody else gave him one point, but he still didn't make the countdown.

Did anyone else's list completely miss the countdown, or was I the only one?

This was my list:
1) Neil Diamond
2) Ricky Van Shelton
3) George Strait
4) Don Williams
5) John Barrowman
6) Wade Hayes
7) Randy Travis
8) Reba McEntire
9) Michael Crawford
10) Michael Bublé

I don't know who Merle Haggard is.
Country singer who died not long ago.

If he was still alive, he wouldn't be on this list.

That's not true, and it's disrespectful to the people who voted for him. Would you say the same thing if it was George Michael, David Bowie, Tom Petty, Glenn Frey, Greg Allman, Prince, Michael Jackson, etc.?

That's not true, and it's disrespectful to the people who voted for him. Would you say the same thing if it was George Michael, David Bowie, Tom Petty, Glenn Frey, Greg Allman, Prince, Michael Jackson, etc.?
I did for George Michael.

George Michael being #20 is actually kinda ridiculous. But who died last Christmas?

George Michael.

@Camo (I know you have mentions turned off, but I'm sure you'll read this later.)

You did a great job on the countdown, (even though I haven't even heard of half the artists listed).

As many of you know from the song tournaments, I have very different musical tastes from most of the people here, so I doubt it will help, but I sent in my list.
See, I told you that my list wouldn't help, but you didn't believe me.

Excellent stuff Camo. Cheers. I couldn't join in for the countdown but just caught up. So who was the other MOFO that conspired with me to get Nick Cave into the top 50?

My list:

1. Sigur Ros
2. Death Cab for Cutie
3. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
4. Max Richter
5. The Cure
6. Clint Mansell
7. Beth Orton
8. The Black Heart Procession
9. The Smiths
10. Radiohead

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1. Elliott Smith
2. Led Zeppelin
3. Pink Floyd
4. The Beatles
5. The Rolling Stones
6. Foo Fighters
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers

8. Rage Against The Machine
9. The Offspring
10. Eminem

It's weird I haven't heard of about a dozen entries that made the list.

Suspect's Reviews

Did anyone else's list completely miss the countdown, or was I the only one?
Not sure off the top of my head, maybe Zotis? JJ voted for George Strait btw.

I did for George Michael.

George Michael being #20 is actually kinda ridiculous. But who died last Christmas?

George Michael.
George Michael would be nowhere near my top twenty so i personally agree he shouldn't have been there, but only two members voted for him: Camother and Ms.M. It's not as if loads had him, it just so happened those two had him very high giving him a lot of points. What happened more than anything was a select few bands/artists got tonnes of votes and everything else was well spread out allowing those two to get George into the top twenty. As i said my mum would have had him that high before his death, Ms.M said the same.

Excellent stuff Camo. Cheers. I couldn't join in for the countdown but just caught up. So who was the other MOFO that conspired with me to get Nick Cave into the top 50?
Iroquois. As i said i probably should have had them on mine, i just made my list very fast then didn't want to change it to be fair.

Who had the Ulver nomination? Kind of want to smooch that MoFo.
Joel.

When i was doing the songs things for the pointers posts i intially wrote Neil Young instead of Neil Diamond for gbg's ten pointers one. Thankfully i caught it at the last second, imagine none of gbg's made it and i posted the wrong guy .