The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Just said why haha. Haven't seen more than half the films so far and i haven't had much to say about the ones i have for whatever reason. Usually i post the most in every countdown thread so i'm sure people are happy to see less of me haha.
I gotcha. I thought you might be hinting at reasons you may not have been posting much in general. I did notice you seemed to take a short hiatus a week or so ago.

Kind of similar with me and other countdown categories (as mentioned a couple days ago). But sci-fi is one I feel more than acquainted with - which is why I keep getting surprised at films showing up that I've never even heard of (like World on a Wire).

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've seen Fantastic Planet, but I didn't like it, so it had no chance to make my list. (Sorry, Swan.)

I've never even heard of World on a Wire.

Seen: 22-1/2 out of 28
My list: 3 so far

16) Source Code (2011)
21) Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
23) Galaxy Quest (1999)

I saw Edge of Tomorrow in the RTLMYS thread, and got confused thinking it was the Sci-Fi Countdown and was about to post about whether or not it was on my list.
The other day i clicked on this thread instead of RTLMYS on Now Playing and proceeded to post my Vertigo post here. I caught it right away, should've just left it here.

I remember watching Fantastic Planet for the first time when it was was up for Mofo Movie Club some years back. I thought the movie was very good. I have a hard time getting into animated movies but had no problem with this one.

Laloux's other movies (Time Masters and Gandahar) are little known but they are as good as Fantastic Planet. I included all 3 in my top 100 animated films list.

Here is a review thread of Nausicaa I and Omnizoa done a year ago: http://www.movieforums.com/community...ausicaa+review, that film is top 3 among my top 100 animated films: a true classic of the artistic medium of animation and one of Miyazaki's greatest achievements.

I also included Wreck in Ralph in my top 100 animated films. The Incredibles is ok but I thought it's a bit cliche and heavy-handed.

Hey, where are today's films?
The films are in a temporal paradox loop. We already know what they are as Nope has presented them to us in the future, thus giving me the prophetic ability to say:

I liked one, haven't seen the other

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
and CR sent me today's, telepathically, and I gotta tell ya: VERY surprised by the second's placement and haven't seen the first for AGES

Mick Jagger is going to die tomorrow during the Oscars ceremony.

Someone will come out on stage and make the announcement.

Everyone will be upset.

If I were to rank what I've seen it would go....
UnSeen
- Dune(99)
- Dredd(96)
- The Man from Earth (91)
- The Hidden (82)

seen -

24.) Avatar (80)

23.) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (79)

22.) Altered States (95)

21.) Another Earth (97)

20.) Strange Days (81)

19.) Signs (76)

18.) Donnie Darko (83)

17.) Source Code (92)

16.) Back to the Future III (87)

15.) La Jetee (75)

14.) The Incredibles (98)

13.) Seconds (84)

12.) Escape from New York (78)

11.) Event Horizon (93)

10.) Galaxy Quest (88)

9.) World on the Wire (73)

8.) Guardians of the Galaxy (77)

7.) Wreck it Ralph (89)

6.) The Truman Show (94)

5.) War of the Worlds (90)

4.) Silent Running (86)

3.) Fantastic Planet (74)

2.) Looper (100)

1.) 28 Days Later (85)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Mick Jagger is going to die tomorrow during the Oscars ceremony.

Someone will come out on stage and make the announcement.

Everyone will be upset.
who's gonna tell keith richards?
He's gonna be devastated

who's gonna tell keith richards?
He's gonna be devastated

Seeing what Richards has been like for the past 50 years, he'll ask where Mick is, they'll tell him, he'll be devastated, then 10 minutes later he'll ask where Mick is again.