18. Orson Welles
19. Phillip Seymour Hoffman
20. Elliot Gould
21. Chevy Chase
22. Viggo Mortensen
23. Jimmy Stewart
24. Daniel Day-Lewis
25. Steve Buscemi

thanks SC, it's refreshing to actually get one of these countdowns over with instead of dragging it out over months.

My list was comprised entirely of Adele Exarchopoulos. I guess Sexy only counted the first one though.

Well done Sexy, that was some fast compilations going on!

This was mine:

1. Daniel Day Lewis
2. Meryl Streep
3. Jack Nicholson
4. Dustin Hoffman
5. Choi Min-Sik
6. Katherine Hepburn
7. Philip Seymour Hoffman
8. Tony Leung Chui-Wai
9. Robert de Niro
10.Alec Guinness
11. Bette Davis
12 Chishu Ryu
13 Gong Li
14 Liv Ullmann
15 Paul Newman
16. Humphrey Bogart
17 Setsuko Hara
18 Ingrid Bergman
19 Toshiro Mifune
20 Javier Bardem
21 Judi Dench
22 Timothy Spall
23. Tim Robbins
24. Kirsten Scott Thomas
25. Vincent Cassell

I just realized no Sidney Poitier - or did I miss him?
I don't remember him on the list. He has a nasty combination of not being white and being an old time movie star.

Here is my list, though I think I did a couple last minute changes to the rankings near the end, I can't remember. And someone else really nominated Jo Shishido?

1. Clint Eastwood
2. Cary Grant
3. Robert De Niro
4. Bill Murray
5. Humphrey Bogart
6. Bruce Lee
7. Charles Chaplin
8. Jack Nicholson
9. Paul Newman
10. Dustin Hoffman
11. Woody Allen
12 Brad Pitt
13 Gene Hackman
14 Katherine Hepburn
15 Robin Williams
16 Steve Martin
17. Toshiro Mifune
18 Philip Seymour Hoffman
19. Ingrid Bergman
20. Gregory Peck
21. Samuel L. Jackson
22. Dana Andrews
23..Lauren Bacall
24.Meryl Streep
25 Jô Shishido

And someone else really nominated Jo Shishido?
Oops. Looks like I left off a 1 pointer.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Who had Stanwyck and Garland on their lists? I'm betting gbgoodies for Garland. I had both on mine.

I hope you didn't actually make a bet on Judy Garland being on my list. She would have been on it if I had more time to think about it before submitting my list, but I was rushed, and unfortunately she was one of the forgotten ones who was accidentally left off of my list.

I was out all day and just rushed through reading this thread to catch up, but I'm not going back through it to double-check and highlight who on my list made this list, but here's my complete list:

1) Cary Grant
2) Gene Kelly
3) Richard Dreyfuss
4) Kevin Spacey
5) Robert Redford

6) Gene Hackman
7) Harrison Ford
8) The Marx Brothers
9) Rock Hudson
10) George Clooney

11) Cliff Robertson
12) James Garner
13) Abbott & Costello
14) Doris Day
15) Rex Harrison

16) Robert Downey Jr.
17) Sandra Bullock
18) Jack Lemmon
19) Audrey Hepburn
20) Michael Keaton

21) James Stewart
22) Vincent Price
23) Humphrey Bogart
24) James Dean
25) Richard Gere

Seriously?!? Done in one day? One day that I work 16 hours? I'm not reading through this.

I agree.

I know SC doesn't want to hear my opinion, and SC, you can feel free to unfriend me, or ignore me, or whatever it is that people do on the Internet nowadays, but I think it sucks that this list was done in only one day.

SC, you did a great job on this list, but you went through it way to fast. Part of the fun of these lists is compiling and submitting a list, and I was okay with the fact that you rushed everyone to submit their lists.

But the best part of these lists is being able to go through the lists with friends as it gets posted, but you took that away from me with this list. All I got to do was read through the completed list when I got home. I could have found some random list on the Internet if that's all I wanted to do.

I knew that I would end up leaving off some of my favorites, but I was okay with that part of it. I was counting on the rest of the members to make up for that and get them through on their lists. But going through the whole countdown in one day, especially on a holiday when you should have realized that some people wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time on the forum, took a lot of the fun out of this list for me.

[/rant]

It's fine. I think the countdown kinda sucks and was ultimately a failure. There were too many insane ties. I wasn't expecting that to happen. And I realize some people didn't get to enjoy certain things about it, such as you and Rauldc14.

It's fine. I think the countdown kinda sucks and was ultimately a failure. There were too many insane ties. I wasn't expecting that to happen. And I realize some people didn't get to enjoy certain things about it, such as you and Rauldc14.

I don't think it was a failure because the final list was a pretty good list. I may not agree with some of it, but that's normal for me. And ties will always happen in these kinds of lists. It's just part of voting.

The only problem was that it went too fast, so that took a lot of the fun out of it. Maybe one or two entries per day is too slow for you, but the whole list in one day is too fast for other people. Maybe next time, you can slow it down to about five entries per day. That would at least give people a chance to come in a little late, but still be able to comment on the results.

I don't think it was a failure because the final list was a pretty good list. I may not agree with some of it, but that's normal for me. And ties will always happen in these kinds of lists. It's just part of voting.
I like parts of the list and my particular presentation, but these were no ordinary ties. I mean, #99 is 11 people if you include all of the Marx Brothers. Obviously I guess I needed more lists than just 32.

The only problem was that it went too fast, so that took a lot of the fun out of it. Maybe one or two entries per day is too slow for you, but the whole list in one day is too fast for other people. Maybe next time, you can slow it down to about five entries per day. That would at least give people a chance to come in a little late, but still be able to comment on the results.
I don't like running slow countdowns. My countdowns are jokes. I'm making a farce and ridiculing the whole countdown fad with what I'm doing. That's why the deadline is always A.S.A.P. and why everything, from list collection to rolling the whole thing out, takes only three days. Plus, while on one hand, I don't like these insane ties, on another hand, it makes it even funnier, I think.

If you get pleasure out of them and take them a little seriously, it's okay. I think this countdown probably does give you an idea of what a SLOOOOOOOW version of it may turn out to look like. In a Movie Stars Countdown that takes months, Jack Nicholson may still be #1. I'm giving you a cheap thrill. I'm the bargain basement hooker for your cheap countdown needs. I'm the instant coffee of countdowns. I mean, if I really wanted to (unfortunately, I don't) I could think of a MILLION different countdown ideas and do them all this fast.

This was just a little extra Thanksgiving cooking via Sexy Celebrity. If you missed the food when it was hot... there's leftovers.

Okay so the phone crapped out on me at work. Here are my updates.

Toshiro Mifune was my number 4, Arnie was my 11 (what with him being my favorite action star, and Johnny Depp was my number 12. Eastwood was my easy number 2, Leo was my 9, and Jimmy Stewart was my 21. I had Jack at 22, and who the hell did not expect De Niro to be my favorite actor? I mean really?

I did not vote for Katherine Hepburn or Danny Day Lewis, but I am very happy they made the list so high. Same goes for Pacino and Cary Grant.

Only Jason Mewes and Sterling Hayden did not make the list. Sorry boys.

Excellent list Sexy!

1. Robert De Niro
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Charlton Heston
4. Toshiro Mifune
5. Harrison Ford
6. Denzel Washington
7. Robert Downey Jr.
8. Jodie Foster
9. Leonardo Di Caprio
10. George C. Scott
11. Arnold Schwarzenegger
12. Johnny Depp
13. Humphrey Bogart
14. Bruce Willis
15. Jason Mewes (Did not make it)
16. Bruce Campbell
17. Sterling Hayden (Did not make it)
18. Mel Gibson
19. Sean Connery
20. Sandra Bullock
21. Jimmy Stewart
22. Jack Nicholson
23. Kurt Russell
24. Pam Grier
25. Ben Affleck

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
My list, done in a rush so I've missed off tons of better picks:

Alain Delon
Marion Cotillard
Emily Watson
Ben Whishaw
Bill Murray
Harrison Ford
Cillian Murphy
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Angelina Jolie
Tom Hardy
Gary Oldman
Tilda Swinton
John Hurt
Jodie Foster
Grace Kelly
Johnny Depp
Joseph Gordon Levitt
Tony Curtis
Catherine Deneuve
Daniel Day Lewis
Guy Pearce
Ed Norton
Rachel Weisz
Jake Gyllenhaal
Morgan Freeman

This was my list,

1. James Stewart
Leonardo DiCaprio
Tom Hanks
Jack Nicholson
Dustin Hoffman
Philip Seymour Hoffman
Jake Gyllenhaal
Robin Williams
Robert De Niro
Jeff Bridges
Kevin Spacey
Joaquin Phoenix
Peter Sellers
Christian Bale*
Denzel Washington
Johnny Depp
Michael Fassbender
Mads Mikkelsen
Sean Penn
Clint Eastwood
Charlie Chaplin
Frances McDormand
Hugh Jackman
Arnold Schwarzenegger
25. Willem Dafoe*

Is the full list going to be posted on page one? I don't feel like looking through so many pages now that it's all over.