The Mofo Top 100 Television Shows

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Angel makes the fourth show from my list to show up and I was the one that had it at 5th place. They made a smart move by taking it in a different direction than Buffy and made it darker and more grown up.

I differ in opinion from a lot of people because I think it was great in its last season and I so wanted it to continue.

The season with Jasmine was the weakest but it still was great despite a pretty weak storyline for that season.

When House was good, it was really good. Good enough to make my ballot even though I quit watching before the show ended. I can't remember what placement I gave it though. My list is saved at home and I'm at work.
You had it at 21st.

I liked House alright, but I found it repetitive so it never became something I regularly watched.

Just looking thru the list.. none of them were on my list... i doubt if any of mine make the list.....

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
#17 - Curb Your Enthusiasm. - Hilarious show that takes us into the mind of Larry David. It's the longest running HBO show for a reason. Larry David basically will do a season if he wants to and HBO gives him the go ahead. I use the "pretty...pretty...pretty....pretty good" line a lot in conversations and only some people get it. I haven't seen much of the later seasons, but it's funny enough to sit at my #17.

#10 - Sons of Anarchy - I got a lot of my friends into this show and would marathon the episodes on DVD when I worked at Blockbuster. Some very tense moments that stay with you. It does get a little "soap opera-y" at times, but the show has a great emotional character driven story to tell. I feel that it might have stumbled in the past few seasons, but this is the last one and it looks to be wrapping things up good enough. This show has made me drop my jaw in disbelief....multiple times.

Angel....not on my list, but very well could have been. It's under-appreciated me thinks. The last season was great, but I feel the inclusion of Spike was fan service and it ruined the emotional impact of the series finale in Buffy. That and the cliffhanger still makes me mad.

10. Sons of Anarchy
17. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Honourable Mention: Angel, Boy Meets World.

Suspect's Reviews

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
66. Angel (1999 - 2004)
Spin-Off: Angel played Buffy's main love interest in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and was later given his own show.

65. House M.D (2004 - 2012)

I watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" from the first episode, but when the spin-off "Angel" started, I didn't have time to add another show to my schedule, so instead of adding "Angel", I dropped "Buffy". I've never been sure if I made the right decision or not.

I watched every episode of "House M.D.", but it didn't make my list. It was a great show for the first few seasons, and Dr. House was a great character throughout the run of the show, but the supporting cast got worse as the show went on. The only supporting character that I really liked was Wilson.

I was shocked the first time I heard an interview with Hugh Laurie and heard his accent. I had no idea that he wasn't American.

It's always a bit of a shock when you think a person has one accent and they open their mouth and have another. I knew Laurie was British but many from The Wire cast I did not.

I actually found it jarring the first time I heard Laurie speak on House. It was really weird to me to watch a Blackadder alum do an American accent. Also his Blackadder and House characters are polar opposites in terms of personality and IQ.

It's always a bit of a shock when you think a person has one accent and they open their mouth and have another. I knew Laurie was British but many from The Wire cast I did not.

I almost fell off my chair the first time I heard Phil Collins talk. When he talks, he sounds nothing like when he sings.

I have no comment but felt compelled to quote this.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Just here for the free donuts
I almost fell off my chair the first time I heard Phil Collins talk. When he talks, he sounds nothing like when he sings.
Same for me when I heard John Fogerty from CCR in an interview for the first time.

Angel....That and the cliffhanger still makes me mad.
It's not a cliffhanger. They lost. They're all dead.
I watched "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" from the first episode, but when the spin-off "Angel" started, I didn't have time to add another show to my schedule, so instead of adding "Angel", I dropped "Buffy". I've never been sure if I made the right decision or not.
You made a terrible mistake. However, it's one you can correct.

I was shocked the first time I heard an interview with Hugh Laurie and heard his accent. I had no idea that he wasn't American.
The only one, I can think of, that really surprised me was Damian Lewis. Saw him in Band Of Brothers and then, a year or so later, he's in The Forsyte Saga and I'm thinking "blimey, he's doing a good accent" Only to find out he's a Brit who went to Eton.

You made a terrible mistake. However, it's one you can correct.

I wish I there were more hours in the day so I could correct things like this, but that's a lot of hours to catch up on.

I also regret not watching "NCIS" from the beginning. I've seen a few episodes in reruns, and it looks like my kind of show, but I think it's in it's 12th season now, so it may be too late to catch up on it now.

Has anyone invented a day stretcher yet?