The MoFo Top 100 of the 80s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Or if you didn't lie, then Skepsis did. Whatever.
He is right. I forgot where I put it on my list. But I remember I put it in after the dozen anime films I included. I remember that I liked it more than Die Hard, which I watched on the same day and felt guilty about it.

Exterminate all rational thought.
Well the only Tarkovsky that should have any hope of making this list is The Sacrifice, and I didn't vote for it, even as much as I like Tarkovsky.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Well the only Tarkovsky that should have any hope of making this list is The Sacrifice, and I didn't vote for it, even as much as I like Tarkovsky.
I didn't vote for it either. I haven't seen Nostalghia, that might have made my list.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I agree about the ending to Near Dark, it almost ruins the film. Yet everything that comes before it is gold.

Suspect's Reviews

As we sit here nine months or so later and Sexy says the same thing about a different decade's countdown ... he really should watch Stranger Than Paradise. It's pretty much about him

As we sit here nine months or so later and Sexy says the same thing about a different decade's countdown ... he really should watch Stranger Than Paradise. It's pretty much about him
I'll look into it.

I don't think I can take much more of this torture, though... I'm open to a '70s Countdown, but don't think I could go much further down the decades.

Let's see how far the 1980's Tarkovsky movies made this list.
Drago might be the only Russian that makes the list

Near Dark
I'd have it at about 70
Stranger Than Paradise
About 40 on my list

A couple of worthy films IMO and great to see continued diversity. Now, let's hope one of the next two films is Asian - so the fireworks can really start

I just read the plot to Stranger Than Paradise and it sounds stupid as Hell.

Stranger Than Paradise was on my list.

And for future considerations I voted for one Tarkovsky film and one from Studio Ghibli.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I wish I could become one of the They Live people just so I could subliminally force everyone to watch movies I like.