led_zeppelin's reviews

→ in
Tools    

Ok, I'm gonna go along with everyone else and review some movies. If any of these movies have been reviewed already, sorry.

The plot: Joe Cabot and his son Nice Guy Eddie, are forming a robbery and the main players have never seen each other before. They are all to wear the same suit and sunglasses so they can't be identified. The robbery consists of Mr. White, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Pink, Mr. Brown, Mr. Blue and Mr. Orange. One of the members is a cop informer, and the movie is based around what happens after the robbery. Although it's typical Tarantino, so it's non-lineal, but not really that hard to follow. The dialogue is great, they actually talk like real people. Not the macho gangsters you usually see, they actually have senseible dialogue. Although it's nasty, it's great. The movie has it's share of violence, but not too much. The "ear" scene was hard to take the first time, but besides that, yeah it's kind of violent, but not like "look away" violent. Mr. Blonde and Mr. White top the list of bad-asses though. So if you wanna see great filmwork, watch this movie. I recommend it to any Tarantino fan obviously, and then for any fan of independant movies. Or just a fan of movies, you should watch it atleast once.

I give it a 4/5

(this is obvioulsy my first review on here, so be gentle. They'll get better.)
And found he was eating his shoe.

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
Ok, I'm gonna go along with everyone else and review some movies. If any of these movies have been reviewed already, sorry.

The plot: Joe Cabot and his son Nice Guy Eddie, are forming a robbery and the main players have never seen each other before. They are all to wear the same suit and sunglasses so they can't be identified. The robbery consists of Mr. White, Mr. Blonde, Mr. Pink, Mr. Brown, Mr. Blue and Mr. Orange. One of the members is a cop informer, and the movie is based around what happens after the robbery. Although it's typical Tarantino, so it's non-lineal, but not really that hard to follow.

I give it a 4/5

(this is obvioulsy my first review on here, so be gentle. They'll get better.)
Hey it's a good first attempt. Might I recommend a few things. First, talk a little bit about what you like in the film along with what you got. Second, take your time and do your best. If it takes you 2 or more days, don't worry that's what makes you cut it short. I did better much the same thing with my first, I cut it off short because I got tired of it. Thirdly, have fun and just do your best. That's all I have to say the big guys will be able to help you out more than me. By the way don't be sorry about reviewing films that've already been reviewed; it's nice to read more then one review on a movie, gives you a better view on the film. Just keep at it and try harder every time you write a new review and I guarantee you'll inprove, I know I did. Keep it up you go getter.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

u gave reservoir dogs 4/5 but i thought it was your favorite movie zepplin

Originally Posted by poeman
u gave reservoir dogs 4/5 but i thought it was your favorite movie zepplin
really? did I say that? my favorite movie is actually Mystic River. Reservoir Dogs is my 5th fav. If I was misleading I'm really sorry.

Here, I'll try to do better this time around.

This is my 3rd favorite movie of all time.
Plot: In a nutshell, three men during the Civil War trying to find 200,000 dollars. Now that is a really short review, so I'll try to elaborate. Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef) is trying to find a man named Bill Carson so he can get his hands on that money. And after a long process, Blondie (Eastwood) and Tuco (Eli Wallach) get involved and after many betrayels on Tuco and Blondie's part, they end up in a graveyard and a showdown happens between all three. If you want a longer review just say so and I'll go through the whole movie, but that would take up a lot of room so I shortened it big time. Like I said, just give the word and I'll make it longer.

Ok, what I like about this film is the characters are developed in a way that if they're a good guy, like Eastwood, no matter what you're rooting for him. If the character is Bad (Van Cleef) then after the movie gets going you don't like him at all. Tuco (Wallach) you don't care. It's kind of like Joe Pesci in the Lethal Weapon series, you learn to like him. There are great moments of tension through the film, when Sergio Leone wants you to feel tension, Sergio Leone does it. Probably the best moment of tension in film is the graveyard showdown. We all know Eastwood lives (der) but between Wallach and Van Cleef, you don't know until it happens. Just because Wallach and Eastwood USED to be partners, remember that they've all betrayed each other throughout the movie. It's just. . .AHHH MAN it's so cool. Van Cleef does a wonderful portrayel of "the Bad". He's the type of guy you don't wanna mess with. But Eastwood tops the list. To me, Mr. Blonde, Mr. White and Blondie are the ultimate movie bad-butts. hehe Judging what I said before about Mr. Blonde and Mr. White, Clint could take em'. Tuco is just pretty much comin-relief, but a good gunfighter. This film along with Fistfull of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More, were the quentacential "spaghetti westerns." The Good the Bad and the Ugly is by far the most violent western that I've seen. The torture scene with Tuco getting the crap kicked out of him is hard to watch the first time around. And then there is the score by the master Ennio Morricone. The opening title music is some of the best EVER! That yell and then the wahh WAHHH Wahhhh, just classic. This score is up there with Star Wars and JAWS for my opinions of the best movie scores ever. Clocking at 161 minutes, this is a long one, but worth every minute. This movie is not to be overlooked by any fan of film in general.

I give it a 4.5/5

great review... now you've reviewed this like i told Ezkiel you MUST review once upon a time in the west also. that movie alone scares eastwoods pants. the best western ever, and its my favorite film and I HATE WESTERNS

Robert-Plant
Hey Luke you spelled comic-relief wrong. hehe

Excellent review... I especially like the way you compared Eli Wallach's character in GBU to Joe Pesci's character in the Lethal Weapons series, it's a very accurate comparison.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Good choice of films to review.

I'm wondering the same thing as Poeman. You're a tough critic! Your 5th favorite film of all time gets a 4/5 and your 3rd favorite gets a 4.5? Does that mean only Mystic River is worthy of a 5?

Heck, I think my top 50 would probably get a 5, while 51-100 would get a 4.9!

Regarding The Good, Bad, and the Ugly: Of the three films in the "Man with No Name" series, I think I like For a Few Dollars More the most. I know that G,B,U gets the most critical acclaim, but there's something about the second one that entertains me more. Although Eli Wallach and the music throughout in G,B,U are incredible. And, of course, the entire cemetary scene is awesome. However, one of the best scenes of all three, in my opinion, is in For a Few...: The scene in which Lee Van Cleef strikes a match on the hunchback's ear at the bar. The hunchback's buddies stop him from drawing on Van Cleef, but the editing going back and forth from the guns to the eyes builds so much suspense. I LOVE it!

By the way, as mentioned above, this "trilogy" is often referred to as "The Man with No Name," however, Eastwood's character from A Fistful of Dollars was name "Joe."
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

See? I told you I'd get better.

Originally Posted by Robert_Plant
Hey Luke you spelled comic-relief wrong. hehe
Your a bloody wanker you know that? Just kidding, wait, why am I talking like this, I'm not eve british! Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Plot: Rob Gordon (John Cusack) owns a record store called Championship Vinyl, along with Dick (Todd Louiso) and Barry (Jack Black). Rob's girlfriend Laura (Iben Hjelie) just broke up with him, sending him through a "mid-life crisis". As his store is going under because the only customers they get are drivin off by Barry because he doesn't have the same taste, another part of Rob's life is crappy. So he goes through is top 5 "desert island" most memorable break-ups and then tracks them all down to figure out why he was dumped. Then he starts a rivalry with Ian (Tim Robbins) for going out with Laura. Rob also meets Marie DeSalle, a folk/country singer who plays at local clubs. So basically the whole movie is him going through all these things trying to figure out why he's such a loser, and then trying to get back with Laura again.

What I like about it is that it draws a fine line between being a comedy and drama. John Cusack gives a great drama/comedy performance throughout the film, where as Jack Black is just awesome and funny the whole way through it. So what I'm basically saying is the drama is real. . .dramatic, and the comedy makes you laugh out loud almost every time. Atleast that's how it is for me. Barry (Jack Black) is the most memorable character, just because he's the funniest. I mean we're all going to remember John Cusack, but Jack Blacks steals every scene he's in. Based on the novel (which I just finished yesterday) written by Nick Hornby, the movie is one of the better book adaptations that I've seen. Kudos to Nick Hornby and Steven Frears for pulling it off.

I give it a *** 1/2

I am having a nervous breakdance
Nice to see that you too are doing reviews, Zep! Keep it up, dude!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

A system of cells interlinked
Good work Zepp!

_S

Thank you all very much for your replys.

Plot: Mitch's (Billy Crystal) life is in a rut. He has gotten so bad at his job that if he wants to make a decision, the only way he can think about it is to talk to his boss. His two friends Phil (Daniel Stern) and Ed (Bruno Kirby) aren't much better. Phil comitted adultry with a checkout girl at his wife's father's store, and at Mitch's b-day party, the girl came to the house to tell Phil she was pregnant. As you could tell Arlene (who has already caused Phil to wanna die in a meat grinder) wasn't happy, so the divorced. Ed is married to a 24 year old underwear model and is obsessed with proving that he's a man by taking Mitch and Phil along with him for outlandish and dangerous outings. The first scene of the movie is the trio doing the "Running of the Bulls" in Spain. So they decide to go on a cattle drive to maybe get out of the rut and become happier, along with meeting new friends. And from there on it's intense drama, and hilarious comedy, and a couple "heart-warming" moments. Such as the cook getting drunk and causing a stampede with a smiley face drew on his naked anus. If that's not heart warming I don't know what is.

This film is great in many ways. First off, it's funny. Billy Crystal is at his best, and so is his supporting cast. I'm used to seeing Bruno Kirby in dramatic parts (Sleepers, Basketball Diaries) but he pulls off comedy so well. Secondly, the cast. Along with the main three, the film stars Bill Henderson, Josh Mostel, Patricia Wettig and last but certainly not least, Jack Palance as the bad-a** guide. There ain't have bad dramatic scenes in it either, so it's got it all. Great cast, great comedy and great drama. I recommend this to pretty much anybody, as I usually do.

I give it a 3.8/10 (I know it's picky but that's how I run the show)

Originally Posted by John McClane
Everything good except, the rating. It should be a 6

I mean 3.8/5 sorry guys