Top 5 Spielbergs?

Tools    

1. Schindler's List
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
4. Jaws
5. Jurassic Park

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Spielberg? Never heard of him. Must be some obscure arthouse director.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Jaws
3. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
4. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
5. A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Spielberg? Never heard of him. Must be some obscure arthouse director.

Surely you've seen his best movie.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Jaws
3. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
4. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
5. A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Wait a minute, Mes, you put A.I. up there but NOT Schindler's List?

Just my favorites

5.) Jaws
4.) Lost Ark
3.) Saving Private Ryan
2.) Jurassic Park
1.) Catch Me If You Can

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Just another comment on Schindler's List (1993) - it's hard to consider it among the rest of Spielberg's work because it's like "one of these things is not like the others."

Most (but not all) of his movies are fiction - and fanciful adventurous fiction at that. Whereas S.L. is an historic, true story, period piece. It's his only B&W movie and has huge emotional significance on a real historical level, especially for those who have a connection to the history depicted (not just because an alien or other fictional character pulls at your heart strings). It's a masterpiece of historical drama that is so very different from his other films that are making people's lists.

That is all.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1a) Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
1b) E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
(Either of these two movies could easily be #1 on my list.)

3) Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
4) Jaws (1975)
5) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989)

NOTE: His best movie might be Schindler’s List (1993), but it's not a favorite because it's too hard to rewatch.

Honorable mentions: Jurassic Park (1993) and Duel (1971)
Most underrated movie: Always (1989)

NOTE: His best movie might be Schindler’s List (1993), but it's not a favorite because it's too hard to rewatch.

And THAT'S why it's not my number 1 Spielberg. A 200 minute movie that's really difficult to rewatch despite its quality, all because of its lasting effect creating a slight cave-in, as opposed to more artsy movies that only need go be seen once like Requiem for a Dream, which has a scare-tactic in mind as opposed to a message of peace. It's still an incredible film, but I always take replay value into account. I could watch the Godfather trilogy and the LOTR series a million times over, and I'm talking EXTENDED LOTR and I refuse the original cuts. But could anyone's hart stomach an extended Schindler's List? But all the Spielbergs on my lost are between 96-100, and I'll add ET as number six with Catch Me if You Can as an honorable mention.

Btw, I'm moving Jurassic Park into my top 20 for its clever genre-bending and thematic depth (and the fact that it's slightly better than the book due to increased character). Top Spielberg is still Raiders for now. Gotta replay some Coppola tomorrow (Dracula would've been a 100 if not for the miscasting of Keanu Reeves).

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Can't think of a particular order, but:

Schindler's List
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Minority Report
E.T.
either The Terminal or Munich for a last spot.