They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
One of my favorite movies -- more relevant today than ever.. It's very underrated, but I know the few people in here who have seen it liked it. Someone mentioned not being able to afford ordering it, and it's on YouTube.. Enjoy!

Full Movie -

The Shoot Horses, Don't They is one of the nominations in the 16th Hof. And on the 1st post, there's links to the members reviews/thoughts. I didn't really care for it much myself.

The Shoot Horses, Don't They is one of the nominations in the 16th Hof. And on the 1st post, there's links to the members reviews/thoughts. I didn't really care for it much myself.

Thanks for letting me know - I'd like to read the upcoming reviews... I gave it a 10/10 (it is my #4 all-time) but if I had one suggestion, it would have been to pick better leads - could have been much more popular.

Thanks for letting me know - I'd like to read the upcoming reviews... I gave it a 10/10 (it is my #4 all-time) but if I had one suggestion, it would have been to pick better leads - could have been much more popular.
I don't know if you read my review, but one thing that I didn't say was:
WARNING: "ending" spoilers below
Jane Fonda and the character she played was very abrupt, strong willed and aggressive, that's not the type of person who usually commits suicide. However Michael Sarazin's character would have been believable (to me) if he had been the one who commented suicide and Jane Fonda was the defiant one, who pulled the trigger because he asked her to. That would have made the film better in my eyes.

I don't know if you read my review, but one thing that I didn't say was:
WARNING: "ending" spoilers below
Jane Fonda and the character she played was very abrupt, strong willed and aggressive, that's not the type of person who usually commits suicide. However Michael Sarazin's character would have been believable (to me) if he had been the one who commented suicide and Jane Fonda was the defiant one, who pulled the trigger because he asked her to. That would have made the film better in my eyes.

She was too quick, tough, not many natural emotions, about 5 seconds of vulnerability. I also never thought of how Sarazin's character seemed more suicidal. Jane's character seemed like she'd only TALK about it, complain, but never do it.

But for me, the writing and theme was good enough, anyone could have been in it.. I guess even in the rat race, the winner is still a rat (or a loser).. I also liked a lot of little allegories, like running in circles.

Good find, Matt! About to watch it, been meaning to for awhile
F*ck that's a tough film to collect my thoughts on, could give this anywhere between a
and a

Everything seems so obvious, yet I can't really break down what I liked and what I didn't. Much falls in both columns

This movie was brilliant...Pollack and Fonda's best work.
Ditto. I'm sort of chained to a chair here because of my countdown -some poeple are actually beginning to pay attention to it. , but it's one of my all time fave's, Matt and I seem to have rather simmilar tastes.

Anyway, this movie nearly litterally SHOT me. The most difficult I've seen, save The Killing Fields. Shocking to the bone. I love Jane Fonda, ok Rules, you're gonna love this, she's the female Redford, so I do have some serious issues with her! John Lennon couldn't stand her either, after seeing Cat Ballou, nor her bro Peter. A stoned Peter came to him once, and said he knows what's it like to be dead - what a nutter! That inspired him to write She Said She Said featured on Revolver, with lyrics

she said I know what's it like to be dead
I said who put all those things in your head

But in reality he told "sh*t" instead of "things".

In fact, he hated the entire Fonda family.

A reason why it's not so popular and off AFI' list is imho it's a critique of capitalism, and capitalism controls everything.

Ditto. I'm sort of chained to a chair here because of my countdown -some poeple are actually beginning to pay attention to it. , but it's one of my all time fave's, Matt and I seem to have rather simmilar tastes.

Anyway, this movie nearly litterally SHOT me. The most difficult I've seen, save The Killing Fields. Shocking to the bone. I love Jane Fonda, ok Rules, you're gonna love this, she's the female Redford, so I do have some serious issues with her! John Lennon couldn't stand her either, after seeing Cat Ballou, nor her bro Peter. A stoned Peter came to him once, and said he knows what's it like to be dead - what a nutter! That inspired him to write She Said She Said featured on Revolver, with lyrics

she said I know what's it like to be dead
I said who put all those things in your head

But in reality he told "sh*t" instead of "things".

In fact, he hated the entire Fonda family.

A reason why it's not so popular and off AFI' list is imho it's a critique of capitalism, and capitalism controls everything.
I dig Peter Fonda. He's way underrated and I wish he had worked more, he was a good director too. Interesting about She Said She Said on Revolver. I guess he was so heavy! I liked Jane in Cat Ballou, she was hot, which would probably piss her off to hear!

I dig Peter Fonda. He's way underrated and I wish he had worked more, he was a good director too. Interesting about She Said She Said on Revolver. I guess he was so heavy! I liked Jane in Cat Ballou, she was hot, which would probably piss her off to hear!
I dig him too. He's loose unlike his dad who's stiff like a surf board. Revolver is the Beatles most psychedelic album. It has that insane and (in)famous Tomorrow Never Knows.

&html5=1

John said Rubber Soul wat the pot album, Revolver the acid album. I mean, just look at the covers.

It's distorded in order to reflect the music, but it all happened by accident.

It was designed by Klaus Voormann.

John said that one thing's for sure, the next album's gonna be very different, end quote. Revolver I mean.

Yeah, she was the hottest and most beautiful in that one, save Barbarella maybe. But there's one scene at the beginning of Barefoot in the Park, even tho the movie irritates me...those two together, ok they're not that bad, maybe you know which one I mean, when she walks out of a door and shows her leg. GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Henry Fonda was great.. Maybe he wasn't that lively, but he has some funny dry wit... Check this video out - all the Fondas together on late night.

P.S. - My favorite Beatles albums are Revolver, White Album.

Henry Fonda was great.. Maybe he wasn't that lively, but he has some funny dry wit... Check this video out - all the Fondas together on late night.

P.S. - My favorite Beatles albums are Revolver, White Album.
He indeed was in 12 Angry Men.

I hear there was some nasty stuff between all three, though.

P.S. - Those are great choices, and reveal your character. I love it how you can guess a person's character just by their fave Beatles album. Mine are

1. Abbey Road
2. Magical Mystery Tour
3. Sgt. Pepper's
4. Let It Be - it's dictatorialy underrated. Across The Universe, Dig A Pony, I've Got A Feeling, Let It Be, Long And Winding Road, Two Of Us, I Me Mine (my fave George song, above Something), Get Back. Need I say more?
5. Rubber Soul
6. Revolver
7. The White Album
8. Help!
9. The Beatles For Sale
10. With The Beatles
11. Please Please Me
12. A Hard Day's Night
13. Yellow Submarine

He indeed was in 12 Angry Men.

I hear there was some nasty stuff between all three, though.

P.S. - Those are great choices, and reveal your character. I love it how you can guess a person's character just by their fave Beatles album. Mine are

1. Abbey Road
2. Magical Mystery Tour
3. Sgt. Pepper's
4. Let It Be - it's dictatorialy underrated. Across The Universe, Dig A Pony, I've Got A Feeling, Let It Be, Long And Winding Road, Two Of Us, I Me Mine (my fave George song, above Something), Get Back. Need I say more?
5. Rubber Soul
6. Revolver
7. The White Album
8. Help!
9. The Beatles For Sale
10. With The Beatles
11. Please Please Me
12. A Hard Day's Night
13. Yellow Submarine

My 3rd favorite is MMT -- very underrated (also John's favorite)