This is the best scene in james bond history to me

Tools    

svg image hosting
To me arguably this is the best scene ever in james bond history, its just a classic james bond moment from a film i admire a lot, and to me where roger moore is at his best as james bond, the peak for him was here in this film.
Have your say about it if you agree with me or no

For me the best Bond is Roger Moore, like the humour - am a big fan of Moonraker and the 'Jaws falling in love' scene is one of my favourites.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Tough call, I don't think I could pick the best. For some reason I felt that the 70s ones didn't have as good of action scenes compared to the 60s and 80s though.

Just to add: This kind of scene in the compilation below is also typical and great Bond for me - especially the 'piranha walkway' and the last one from A View to a Kill: "May Day will provide you with a drink."

Larry, that last scene is from A View to a Kill, Moore's last go-round as Bond. It's a shame they cut right there, because Walken had a bit of a Bond-ish line with, "Anyone else dropping out?" Plus, the scene from The Spy Who Loved Me---they cut too soon there also because Curt Jurgens did the old double-whammy. After he fed that girl to the sharks, the two guys stepped into the elevator and kind of stepped to the side of it, fearing the bottom would drop out. They made it outside fine and got in the helicopter, happy that they got their money. But then Jurgens blows up their helicopter.

This is only part of my favorite scene/sequence in a Bond movie from Live and Let Die. I can't find the whole sequence in English or only the boat sequence by itself where it's not linked to another longer sequence, so I had to settle on this. Still good stuff, though.

I never really understood why Jurgen's character, fed the traitor to the sharks, but then let's them walk out and then blows them up in a helicopter. Why not just feed them to the sharks as well since you are going to kill them anyway?

I'm not sure. I think it's because they expect the floor to fall out from under them, and when it doesn't, we, as fans, breathe a sigh of relief along with the two guys, then have our expectations taken away from us when Jurgens blows them up. Kind of like a "Ha, ha, got ya!"

Yeah but I wonder why Stromberg himself wanted to wait till the get into a chopper instead of feeding them to the shark. Not that it matters really. Other Bond villains do this too.

Like how Goldfinger kills all the mafia bosses with the poison gas, yet the one boss, he decides to separate from the rest, and crush him in a car, when he could have just gassed him along with the rest.

So it's traditional I guess.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
'Jaws falling in love' scene is one of my favourites.
One of my childhood favourites. Dayum, he scored better than Bond himself. If I remember correctly his balls (and possibly penis) are made of steel too, so the girl must be into rough sex. Haha.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
'Jaws falling in love' scene is one of my favourites.
One of my childhood favourites. Dayum, he scored better than Bond himself. If I remember correctly his balls (and possibly penis) are made of steel too, so the girl must be into rough sex. Haha.
Haha yea I think roger punched him in the nutz and they clanged. Lol.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Haha yea I think roger punched him in the nutz and they clanged. Lol.
Yeah, you could say it's going to be a hard nut to crack for her. :)))

This is only part of my favorite scene/sequence in a Bond movie from Live and Let Die. I can't find the whole sequence in English or only the boat sequence by itself where it's not linked to another longer sequence, so I had to settle on this. Still good stuff, though.
Nice clip, DGB. That's the great Clifton James as the sheriff. He also played the jailer, "Carr", in Cool Hand Luke. A very strong character actor who was good in just about anything he did. Good sequence!

~Doc

svg image hosting
To me arguably this is the best scene ever in james bond history, its just a classic james bond moment from a film i admire a lot, and to me where roger moore is at his best as james bond, the peak for him was here in this film.
Have your say about it if you agree with me or no
The Spy Who Loved Me is my second favourite Bond film after Licence to Kill and I like this scene too. I think part of the reason it's so good is Roger Moore's relative calmness in playing it, and the line "Can you swim?" just before the car launches into the water is brilliantly placed and perfectly understated.

I'm reticent about calling it the best Bond scene though because it belongs to a more science fiction-orientated phase of the series. It's entertaining but does its fantastic scenario compete with the grittier end of the spectrum – which would arguably be more faithful to the books? One thing I do know is that The Spy Who Loved Me really was a success when it came to balancing the realistic and fantastic aspects of Bond, as it was then, in a way that Moonraker struggled to reproduce.

As I said Licence to Kill is my favourite, and as has been mentioned above about Christopher Walken, the villain is afforded many Bond-style quips eschewed by Timothy Dalton's 007. I do like the finale very much and one particular scene stands out:

WARNING: spoilers below
where Bond sets Sanchez alight using Felix's lighter. Vicious and poetic. Michael Kamen's music also makes that scene for me, as well as Timothy Dalton's playing of Bond's total exhaustion.

The Spy Who Loved Me is my second favourite Bond film after Licence to Kill and I like this scene too. I think part of the reason it's so good is Roger Moore's relative calmness in playing it, and the line "Can you swim?" just before the car launches into the water is brilliantly placed and perfectly understated.

I'm reticent about calling it the best Bond scene though because it belongs to a more science fiction-orientated phase of the series. It's entertaining but does its fantastic scenario compete with the grittier end of the spectrum – which would arguably be more faithful to the books? One thing I do know is that The Spy Who Loved Me really was a success when it came to balancing the realistic and fantastic aspects of Bond, as it was then, in a way that Moonraker struggled to reproduce.

As I said Licence to Kill is my favourite, and as has been mentioned above about Christopher Walken, the villain is afforded many Bond-style quips eschewed by Timothy Dalton's 007. I do like the finale very much and one particular scene stands out:

WARNING: spoilers below
where Bond sets Sanchez alight using Felix's lighter. Vicious and poetic. Michael Kamen's music also makes that scene for me, as well as Timothy Dalton's playing of Bond's total exhaustion.
i agree with you on what you said, i love license to kill aswell, its one of the most down to earth james bond outings ever, and i have to say, i have a fond place for timothy dalton playing bond especially in this one, it s a dark out of the ordinary film if u rate it in the james bond characteristics of films, certainly in my top 5 ever