What'll be the Plot Twist in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi?'

Tools    

I know, I know, I know--that there's a entirely separate for this film. But I seriously believe we need a thread for this specific aspect of the upcoming chapter. It's probably going to end up being the most talked about part of the film. And considering we're 16 days away from 'The First Order Strikes Back', I thought It would be great to theorize a little.

Also, I've done my best to avoid every little piece of newer footage after I saw the first trailer. I'm heading into this considerably fresh--without any hints.

WARNING: "My Prediction" spoilers below
I think Luke acquired a major dark side affiliation. Much like Vader did (although Luke's turn came way later than his father's, considering what went down with that whole Ben Solo fiasco.) I suppose you can say it's a blend between Obi-Wan and Anakin's destinies after the events in Ep.3.

He doesn't even need to be quote-on-quote "Evil." He could just turn because of reasons he felt were necessarily. Or maybe he could become evil during Ep.8, and we soon find out he turned so he could protect the ones he loved (Rey, Han, Leia, etc.) That's a perfect, yet tragic arc for a character like Luke.

It'll be one of the biggest plot twists in history; as it shatters the hearts of millions upon millions of fans. This is one of cinema's most iconic heroes. For almost everyone on the planet, there's 3 always certainties: Life and Death, the Sun will always rise come morning, and Luke Skywalker will never turn to the darkside. And, to see that change, would be a fantastic game changer and It'll certainly breathe well-needed fresh air into this series.

I love that you put your prediction in spoiler tags. Maybe people don't know who Luke is, or that Vader waa evil.

God, I hope you are wrong. That sounds horrendous.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Everyone is dead and all of Star Wars just in the imagination of the one little traumatized kid that survived Annikin's massacre, which was actually on earth and resulted in a life sentence.

rey will join the dark side of the force xd, if it comes to me i want it to be an emotionally compelling film just as the empire strikes back was

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I’m not feeling the Rey goes to the dark side thing, I feel she’s been proped up too much to not be a hero character. She is the knight in shinning armour. Now.....I’ll have more respect, definetly more respect for TFA if it explains why Luke fled like a coward (out of character) and hid for years whilst the evil side grew. If that can be explained with a twist such as Luke’s not being the hero he once was or being ill or controlled or something, something intelligent, then that’s ok...if it’s just an non explained part of the story and another coincidence fest like TFA was then...that’s dissapointing. So I’m hoping and predicting it will be something about Luke and why he left but of course a twist shouldn’t be necessary unless you deem it so as a Disney committee may have done.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A cameo of Tolkien rolling in his grave.

I’m not feeling the Rey goes to the dark side thing, I feel she’s been proped up too much to not be a hero character. She is the knight in shinning armour. Now.....I’ll have more respect, definetly more respect for TFA if it explains why Luke fled like a coward (out of character) and hid for years whilst the evil side grew. If that can be explained with a twist such as Luke’s not being the hero he once was or being ill or controlled or something, something intelligent, then that’s ok...if it’s just an non explained part of the story and another coincidence fest like TFA was then...that’s dissapointing. So I’m hoping and predicting it will be something about Luke and why he left but of course a twist shouldn’t be necessary unless you deem it so as a Disney committee may have done.
don t tell me now that u don t like TFA

Everyone is dead and all of Star Wars just in the imagination of the one little traumatized kid that survived Annikin's massacre, which was actually on earth and resulted in a life sentence.
That sounds like excellent material for a trollpasta.

i smell a troll here...

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
don t tell me now that u don t like TFA
Nah I dont like it at all but I like talking about how I don't like it. Hopefully the new one is better and that might make me like the original a bit better but its a bit unfair to be reliant on another movie to fix the issues of the first.

The movie ends with Luke bloody talking to the camera...

Luke: "You don't understand, I have proof, they need proof. I've seen it, I've seen it happening, they've got to tell people"

Rey: "tell them what"

Luke: "Ocean's dying plankton's dying it's people Porg's is made out of people"

Luke" Ya got to tell em Porgs is People they'll be breeding us like cattle...PORGS IS PEOPLE"

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
"Rey, it was a lie. Qui gon Jinn was the last jedi, we are all phonies"

(Luke stares at the camera scared and disturbed)

"I can see you watching me JJ Abrams, you and Rian Johnson. Why did you do this to me? why didn't you just focus on that Cloverfield movie? have you no respect? You killed Han "

(Rey gets out her light saber and hits Luke but he doesn't die)

Luke shouts "I AM MARK HAMILL. I AM A REAL MAN, I AM NOT SOME ACTOR FOR YOU TO EXPLOIT. WE ARE IN A MOVIE, THIS IS THE TRUE EVIL"

(Rey looks at Luke hysterically)

Rey "Mate, you're tripping. Lets go back to the cantina and get you something to drink"

(Rey makes motherly sounds, as if Luke is a baby)

Luke "I am serious, WE are in a movie. None of this is real"

Rey sarastically "Suuurrree! "

Cut to black, movie ends