all you need is love.

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
All you need is love.

All together now.

Not anymore. Nowadays we need DVD's, TV's, CD's, anything you can imagine - we want it.

Why do we spend all our money on this crap? Do we need it? yes/no or maybe?

I'm depressed. I look around my room and see DVD's and lord of the rings figures (boxed) and special edition what nots here and there. What a waste! I really should be travelling around the world instead of hoarding my prison with it's materialistic force field.

any thoughts?

BANNED
You said it, man!

Talk about the persuasive power of marketing!

there's a frog in my snake oil
convenience vs cashflow?

stuff vs fluff vs it's never enough?

Falling for bluffs? Enjoying feeling chuffed? Finding that **** can even be guff?

I dunno mini. It's a balancing act i suppose. I get kind of frugal (but i'm told that's coz i'm capricorn ) - so my recent amazon spree was weird for me. I go frugal under the rationale that it lets me do more varied things. It's probably good to just not go too far in any one direction.

Or just sell it all on ebay and go travelling

Originally Posted by MinionTV
All you need is love.

All together now.

Not anymore. Nowadays we need DVD's, TV's, CD's, anything you can imagine - we want it.

Why do we spend all our money on this crap? Do we need it? yes/no or maybe?

I'm depressed. I look around my room and see DVD's and lord of the rings figures (boxed) and special edition what nots here and there. What a waste! I really should be travelling around the world instead of hoarding my prison with it's materialistic force field.

any thoughts?
Oh, I feel the same way. It's unbelieveable. I am the same way - life clogged with videos, DVDs, magazines, books, action figures, CDs, and all sorts of miscellaneous stuff. They just keep making more and more stuff and there I am, out hunting.

But why do you mention "traveling around the world" when you first started off saying that all we need is love? Surely these are two different things. You could travel and travel and travel and still not have love.

Oh I didn't mean to parallel 'love' with travelling, I just used the phrase to emphasize that we don't just need love, we need everything.

For me, I feel if I spent my time travelling I'd somehow be happier but then there's the dark cloud - the feeling of fleeting happiness. You always know you have to come back at some point and even if you don't, you'll miss home.

"You can't always get what you want"

How can we be happy? I'm not the type of person to just settle down and join the line......

oh well.

"You can't always get what you want"

How can we be happy? I'm not the type of person to just settle down and join the line......

oh well.
Play alluring music and make the line do a conga

BANNED
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Oh, I feel the same way. It's unbelieveable. I am the same way - life clogged with videos, DVDs, magazines, books, action figures, CDs, and all sorts of miscellaneous stuff. They just keep making more and more stuff and there I am, out hunting.

But why do you mention "traveling around the world" when you first started off saying that all we need is love? Surely these are two different things. You could travel and travel and travel and still not have love.
I don't know about that. I think that, in order to travel, you need love of some sort--the love of travelling, the love of humanity, the love of seeing new, exciting, interesting people, places, cultures, the love of diversity, etc. On the other hand, you don't need love to buy videos, DVDs, magazines, books, action figures, CDs and other miscellaneous stuff--just money--and falling for the old line that the commercials feed you!

I am having a nervous breakdance
So I don't need money to buy/watch movies, which is a love of mine? And I don't need money to travel round the world?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

It's not like back in the sixties no one wore clothes and ran around having free sex and doing lots of drugs.

I like my DVDs and CDs, thank you, and I'm thoroughly convinced they represent a love of the films and music on them, rather than any brainwashed materialism.

That's sweet

I can remember buying 'Romeo Must Die' because it was cheap. I don't like the movie but I bought it because it was cheap. It's sitting there now looking at me with it's cardboardy evil.

The thing is....

I'll do it again! They'll never catch me! Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

BANNED
Romeo must Die is a pretty decent movie, actually.

Originally Posted by Pidzilla
So I don't need money to buy/watch movies, which is a love of mine? And I don't need money to travel round the world?
Originally Posted by Henry the Kid
It's not like back in the sixties no one wore clothes and ran around having free sex and doing lots of drugs.
Originally Posted by Yoda
I like my DVDs and CDs, thank you, and I'm thoroughly convinced they represent a love of the films and music on them, rather than any brainwashed materialism.
Well, okay, yeah--but you guys are taking it to the extreme. Sure you need money to do anything these days, but it comes down to how you spend the money, I guess--do you spend it on mindless, consumerist instant gratification or on broadening your horizons and on a fuller experience of the world around you. Personally, I find that I have become all too dependent on the commercial trappings of civilized society and it is refreshing to break free of those bonds and simplify one's existence. For instance, instead of working out at the gym (which costs money), I find I get just as good a cardiovascular workout running down the Embarcadero--and besides costing me nothing, it gets me outdoors in the fresh air.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
That sounds bloody brilliant! Must...invent...time machine!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You're a loser.
Do you accept that? If not then you're lyeing to yourself. You have action figures and a cult style love for LOTR, by almost everyones definition you are a loser. The only way to cure yourself is to throw all that **** out, you don't need it.

"Sometimes the things we own end up owning us"

Having these things doesn't make me a "loser" at all. How old are you anyway?

How old are you anyway?
How old are you minion, with all your LOTR figures

Stop picking on yourself Mini!

Oh, it's the old bully-victim problem. So many people across the country beating themselves up, if you believe the stats

I suppose some of this depends on how much you lessen your abilities to get out and enjoy life etc by spending all your disposable cash on these things. If you've got money to do it, then that's fine (so long as you don't insist on maintaining that level of income purely to allow for mass-purchases etc [which are liable to become more and more meaningless over time - with the purchase outweighing the product] - that's like the viscious execs who work long hours and need coke to keep their viscious long-day habits up, so they need their visciousness-promoting profession to fund it. Situations like that are harder to justify )

Again, how much pleasure you get out of it is important. DVDs can be viewed again and again. Sexy's happy getting the latest mcdonalds toy or domestic-ken doll or what have you

Get a commission job selling toys marketted at children. That should see you right

Jesus, stop whining. If your life feels so empty, do something about it, don't complain to an internet message board. My stuff represents what I love...and it's the type of love that won't betray me.

I love music and movies, so I buy Cds and DVDs. If you don't want that stuff, it's your business. Nobody makes you buy things.

Lets put a smile on that block
ok dad, I'll think about that one.
I know how you feel Mini. Im at Uni at the mo and i just spend all my free time spending my stupid idiot student loan on things i dont need. I only buy them to make me feel better. It lasts for about 2 days and then i want more....i need more.....MORE MORE MOOOOOOOOORE. Its an unquenchable thirst that drives me

Im only 20, so my age relaxes me when i think of all the time i will have to go travelling and seeing the world, becuase i, like you consider Travelling and seeing/experiencing new things and sites to be the key to happiness for me in my young life. This wont always make me happy, but right now i think its the the thing i need.

Variety is most definatly the spice of life..... (And maybe Cinnamon)