What's the best film of the "living dead" trilogy? (IYO)

Tools    

I feel most people will say Night of the Living Dead. Now I realize how groundbreaking it was for its time, but I think Dawn of the Dead is the better film. More exciting, thrilling, etc. The whole plot with them trying to survive this zombie outbreak is cool and interesting to watch...and then it comes crumbling down before them. There's more character development. The first flick doesn't do much for me. It's not because it's black-and-white, as that doesn't bother me in the slightest, but I don't think the story is that great. As I said, despite the movie's impact on gore/horror. Day of the Dead I've never liked. It doesn't really go anywhere and nothing really that interesting happens.

Dawn of the Dead 1st, Night 2nd, and a VERY close 3rd Day of the Dead. IMO the "of the Dead" trilogy is one of the strongest along side Indiana Jones and the original Star Wars trilogy.

If we go beyond that, I say Diary of the Dead would be 4th, Land of the Dead a distant and mediocre 5th, and Survival of the Dead ranked under a steaming turd.

Dawn 1st, Night 2nd, Day a distant 3rd.
Is the correct answer for the first three. Though I'd have Land above Day. Diary was at least 10 years too late and I've not even bothered with Survival.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I like the first one for being B/W and shorter.

I'll take Return of the Living Dead—which is not even related to the series—over Day of the Dead any time!

1.) Dawn of the Dead -8/10 (one of the greatest horror films of all-time)
2.) Night of the Living Dead - 6/10 (influential and impressive given its constraints, but not great)
3.) Day of the Dead -3/10 (utterly abysmal)

Let the night air cool you off
Wow I am surprised how many people hate Day of the Dead. I love the original.

The REMAKE however is pure sh*t.
Haven't seen the remake, but I agree with Slinger on the original Day of the Dead. Honestly, it's probably my second favorite of the trilogy behind Night.

Wow I am surprised how many people hate Day of the Dead. I love the original.
Haven't seen the remake, but I agree with Slinger on the original Day of the Dead. Honestly, it's probably my second favorite of the trilogy behind Night.
I'll third the love for the og Day.
Oh, look. It's the Wrong Brothers.

01.Night
02.Dawn
03.Day

Boring order but it's how i likes em. Dawn was actually my least favourite and i preferred the remake until i finally rewatched it about a year and a half ago

If we're talking the most action, the most story, most character development, the most thrills, and the most fun—we're talking about Dawn of The Dead (1978)

01. Dawn
02. Night
03. Day

But if we look at all the Romero ones including remakes I think the list gets more interesting, I really dug how Romero used found footage in Diary.

01. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
02. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
03. Night of the Living Dead (1969)
04. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
05. Diary of the Dead (2007)
06. Day of the Dead (1985)
07. Land of the Dead (2005)
08. Survival of the Dead (2009)
09. Day of the Dead (2008)