Vote on the color of the steps in front of my house

Tools    

Which color should the steps in front of my house be?
57.14%
16 votes
Gray
42.86%
12 votes
Tan
28 votes. You may not vote on this poll

A few days ago I posted before and after pictures of the concrete steps in front of our house, which I'd just painted light gray (which basically looks white).

I had the idea of accenting part of them with a second color. My wife and I discussed a darker gray, and then she suggested maybe a tan color. So I took a picture and fooled around with it a bit to produce an (admittedly sloppy) example of what each might look like. Which do you guys like better?

NOTE: the wall has a bluish tint because of the lighting when I took the photo, so try to factor that in a bit if the gray or beige seem to clash at all. In real life, it reads as either white or very light gray. Also worth noting: the house is dark red brick, which is one of the reasons Mrs. Yoda suggested tan.

Gray:

Tan:

Also, we haven't ruled out painting the inner walls on either side of the stars (you can see one of them in the photos, at the far left). Probably just going to do the steps, but we're not sure yet. If that changes anything, or if anyone has any opinions about that decision, too.

And, of course, vote based on general color: we can do darker/lighter than the gray in the mockup, or with a different shade of beige, etc.

Voted gray (or grey as I'd call it) but ultimate personal preference would be for them to be graduated slightly in tone getting progressively lighter as they move toward the house. Your steps tho dude

This sounds cray. It would either look amazing or bizarre, and possibly both.

But more importantly, I'd need like five different cans of paint and would definitely screw it up. I am very mediocre at painting.

I'd paint it gray, but have a custom mixed paint that used a gray base and added a small amount of aqua/teal to it. Why? because on the left side of your stairs you have a dark aqua/teal painted area and if you contrast with a gray-aqua tint paint on the steps that would look nice.

What about blue? Red bricks, white/grey wall, blue steps...
Yeah and maybe set it up so each step plays a different note from the start of Star Spangled Banner too

I'd paint it gray, but have a custom mixed paint that used a gray base and added a small amount of aqua/teal to it. Why? because on the left side of your stairs you have a dark aqua/teal painted area and if you contrast with a gray-aqua tint paint on the steps that would look nice.
That's the neighboring house, if that changes anything. In person it's green: the whole image is hued bluer than it is in real life from the shadows when I took it.

Re: Rodent. Blue could be cool (we have some trim inside the house that's blue and it looks nice!), but I think we're pretty determined to pick something very innocuous and "safe," since there's a good chance we'll sell the house in 2-3 years.

I would vote orange and purple if that was an option, but I guess I'll go with gray. *Sigh*

The People's Republic of Clogher
Mid Stone

Something between the two pictures would be nice. Like whatever colour that...sidewalk/footway/pavement is. I'm not sure what that is on the ground because we don't have anything that looks quite like that here haha.

That's an interesting point: the sidewalk is a very light tan, I think, so that might be a good argument for going for the same basic color, so it all looks of a kind. Hmmm.

Maybe mix them. Instead of the wall being white, make it either the tan or gray and likewise with the steps. These two might actually mesh well. Although, I doubt you'll want to repaint the entire thing again.

Yeah, I just painted it like two weeks ago. I wish I'd gone a little darker, but I'm pretty happy with it, so I'll take the mostly-good solution that's already done over a better one I'd have to start over.

Normally I wouldn't repaint any of it, but the steps are a small area, so it seems like a relatively easy way to make a big visual improvement. Though people are free to suggest I leave them as-is, if they think neither is an improvement.

Grey. Lightish. I can't tell fron those two pics you put up as the grey and tan look virtually the same. I like white and grey together, they're fresh

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
A few days ago I posted before and after pictures of the concrete steps in front of our house, which I'd just painted light gray (which basically looks white).

I had the idea of accenting part of them with a second color. My wife and I discussed a darker gray, and then she suggested maybe a tan color. So I took a picture and fooled around with it a bit to produce an (admittedly sloppy) example of what each might look like. Which do you guys like better?

NOTE: the wall has a bluish tint because of the lighting when I took the photo, so try to factor that in a bit if the gray or beige seem to clash at all. In real life, it reads as either white or very light gray. Also worth noting: the house is dark red brick, which is one of the reasons Mrs. Yoda suggested tan.

Gray:

Tan:

Those two pictures are different? They look exactly the same to me.