Movie Cliches That You Love/Hate.

Tools    

Trouble with a capital "T"
#1 cliche I hate...in horror or action films when the creepy-evil guy has been clearly killed....he pops up alive again! for one more attack!...Oh pleassssse.

#1 cliche I hate...in horror or action films when the creepy-evil guy has been clearly killed....he pops up alive again! for one more attack!...Oh pleassssse.
I hate that too...I remember in Misery, I kept wondering if Annie Wilkes was ever going to die. I also hate in a lot of romantic comedies when one of the protagonists realizes they are actually in love, we have to watch them run all over the city, on foot, to find the person they love and tell them. Why can't people in love ever take a cab?

The lonesome hero gunning down the bad guys jokingly (almost any Die Hard Movie). It is really awesome.
A cliche I hate is that of predestined love or an otherwise unchangeable fate.

One of my favorite cliches is the suit up, I don't know why but whenever people are getting equipment or armoring up I just love it.
Now that you mention it, I do like suiting up scenes too. That also reminds of another one I'm over...I mean I understand it was kind of required for the Rocky francise, but I am so over training montages...I have seen enough training montages to last me three lifetimes.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
That also reminds of another one I'm over...I mean I understand it was kind of required for the Rocky francise, but I am so over training montages...I have seen enough training montages to last me three lifetimes.
That's actually another thing I can't explain, I love the training montages even though I seen them a million times, so I can totally understand why you dislike them, but for some reason I don't get sick of them.

"If only he could have used his powers for good instead of evil." Hee hee! There is a clever take on this in the French spoof "Dracula and Son." After Dracula has been killed, the hero intones "If only he could have used his evil...for good."

Boldly going.
A villain has a huge advantage over the hero and could kill him easily at any time, but decides instead just to throw him around. Often the villain throws the hero near a weapon, or someone else arrives to come to the rescue. Hate it!

over:
husband 55 ,wife 21.5
or when someone is trying to warn a friend about someone insted of just saaaaying the bad things they`ve seen the person do/heard said-they say something like "i feeel like..."-just say you saw him bash someones head in geez
people falling over in horror movies

there are alot of cliches that still work-it just depends on how its done

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Actually I was wondering what the name for this cliche is, if there even is one....

That slow motion front shot of the group of main characters walking towards the camera, usually in a badass mood, when they've been galvanized, or decided to "do something".

Indulgent? Affectacious? Tongue-in-cheek? I see it so much in movies and tv shows

Actually I was wondering what the name for this cliche is, if there even is one....

That slow motion front shot of the group of main characters walking towards the camera, usually in a badass mood, when they've been galvanized, or decided to "do something".

Indulgent? Affectacious? Tongue-in-cheek? I see it so much in movies and tv shows

The villain almost always offers the hero a chance to join him.
Come on - as a villain, how are you ever going to trust someone you spent a whole movie trying to kill?

Boldly going.

I like it when it's done with humour.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Gamora yawns and Rocket grabs his crotch.

Warm bodies. The zombies are walking slowly (no slow motion necessary) and to the beat of "Rock me like a hurricane". by the Scorpions.

Trouble with a capital "T"
The over used vomit cliche....I wouldn't even know about it if I didn't watch so many movies....I swear every other director has got to use the vomit scene to show tension.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_mn0dog****1snpc3lo1_500.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	28549  

I just thought of another one...whenever a woman answers a telephone call, she always takes off her earring first...this one stopped with the advent of cell phones, but I have never seen a woman take off her earring before answering a phone IRL.

The revolving fight. Person A is winning then person B is on top, then person A is winning again, then person B again u.s.w.

I've always been amazed at how easy it apparently is (in movies) to knock someone out so that they stay knocked out indefinitely by a simple punch, karate chop or whack on the head. In reality, striking a guard or a henchman may only get you an angry guard or henchman who is now striking (or shooting at) you.