Testing Interest... A New MoFo Top 100 Movies Of All Time?

→ in
Tools    

The last one took place in 2010.. so testing the water, would there be any interest in making a new one?

We have many new members on MoFo these days, and a number of participants on the last one aren't around any more.
And since 2010 there may be a few new movies that can be added to the tally.

I'll need input on this, and ideas on timeframes... the 1950s list is next year too, so we'll need to make sure we don't step on that with timelines. Rauldc I need you to let me know when you're doing the 1950s list!!!
Two countdowns at the same time is a bit much.

This is just a preliminary rule list I've knocked up, this can be changed and stuff as this isn't an official thread/list just yet:

---

Ok… Rules for the All Time Top 100. Using the same rules as were used in many a list… for instance Harry’s 90s list and Skepsis’ 80s list and the Comics List.

The regulations on choices are as follows:

Does Count:
Simply, if it is a movie, it counts.
Made-For-TV Movies do count, as there are some cracking feature length TV Movies out there.

Does Not Count:
Mini-Series's's. A Mini-Series is like a large production TV Movie. However, being split into parts means it is not a full length, feature length, movie.
Examples would be Stephen King's IT from 1990 and Band Of Brothers from 2001.

There is a time limit for the movies you can include… they must have been released before or on December 31st 2015.

Films that are part of a series or trilogy etc (Nolan’s Batfilms, The Godfather Trilogy, etc etc etc) must be submitted as separate films.

Those revealing their lists before the countdown has ended will be disqualified. That just defeats the point of the whole thing.

Submit your ranked list (1-50, no ties) to me via PM with the title "Your Username - The All Time MoFo Movies List".

You have plenty of time to consider and submit your list, so no changing it once you've submitted it to me.

Also, the year of the movie must be included after each film in your list, as it will make it easier to know which film exactly you’re voting for.

New members can send in a list as soon as they've been a member here for one month. This measure is taken so that the list isn't influenced by members who've been on here for a week and then pack their bags and never come back.

As per usual, films will be awarded points as follows: 50 points for 1st place, 49 points for 2nd place, 48 for 3rd and so on.

The deadline for entries is ******. and the countdown will start on *****.

---

Oh right, ok... Nozzy!!!!! Nozzy where are you!!!!!

Hope I haven't stepped on toes

I can certainly help out though if he's doing it.

Miss Vicky is a notable advocate for saying this should happen after all the decades are over with. That seems like a good idea but doing it asap also seems good. Im fine regardless what happens, though i would like a 100 Comedies list and i believe the List section of this site needs a lot more lists.

Well, it's just a prelim rule list tbh and simply for input.

Can be changed.

Initially it's because there's a dedicated Docs list in January 2016 held by Harry.

Well, it's just a prelim rule list tbh and simply for input.

Can be changed.

Initially it's because there's a dedicated Docs list in January 2016 held by Harry.
So should Animation not count because Vicky ran an Animation Countdown? Not bothered just thought that was odd, only one doc would make my list and i doubt any would make the countdown anyway.

Well, there you go, there's a first change that can be made.

Really need Nos to appear and have input if he was going to do it first tbh.

I've been saying that we need to redo it for awhile now. I'd definitely be interested.
But yeah, I don't see any reason to exclude docs. Unlikely many will make it anyway.

If Hoop Dreams made the 90's list, a doc should be qualified for the all times list.
That's the only doc to make one of the countdowns right? Well not counting concert films as Stop Making Sense made the 80s.

Hell Yeah !!!!!!!

Personally, I'd definitely allow more than 25 per person.

It was suggested to have 50, which is fine by me.

Docs should count. Unless it means that we can get rid of comicbook movies and animation, too. Then I'm prepared to sacrifice them.

Ok, what about the cut-off point for movies?

I put Dec 31st 2015... change at all? Or stay with Dec 31st?

I don't think we'd need as long a break as the others, everybody should be able to come up with 50 favourites easily.
I was going to say the same. Which means you could potentially do this countdown while people are watching 50's movies for that countdown.