In Her Skin - truly touching

Tools    

In Her Skin 2009

I love films based on a true story, I really do, but theres something about this one that touches my heart and tugs at my heart a little more than any others ever have. Since watching it, i dont think a day has gone by that I dont think about Rachel Barber and her family. Breaks my heart a little each time to be honest. Sounds daft, but its true, I literally sobbed when this ended for a long time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995851/

The IMDB link doesnt give you much info about the actual film which is a shame. But its a true story of a young girl going missing, the police classed her as a runaway, but as most parents would do, they didnt believe this. Eventually the police delved into it a little more and discover that she was infact murdered.

I googled Rachel Barber after watching the film and read up a lot more on the story/case, the woman who killed her is actually up for parole next year.

Any of you guys seen it? What did you think? Also any films had this effect on you?

I saw it a few months ago; definitely a tragic story, but I was not crazy about the film itself, and I really like films like this. I thought it started out promising, but in this particular film, I was hoping that the identity of the killer would remain a mystery a bit longer. I also thought that the actress who portrayed the killer overacted a bit. I just thought it was ok.

One film that affected me quite a bit was "Shame" from 1988. It's been awhile since I've seen it and I've never heard anyone else mention it.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0093952/

Girl Next Door
Also movie about true story.
Movie is depressing and disturbing as hell,makes you very angry,makes you wish you was there just to do something,but what really happened was much worse than they portrait in movie.Very sad and very depressing movie,one of most depressing films i ever watched,if not the most.
Highly recommend.

I saw it a few months ago; definitely a tragic story, but I was not crazy about the film itself, and I really like films like this. I thought it started out promising, but in this particular film, I was hoping that the identity of the killer would remain a mystery a bit longer. I also thought that the actress who portrayed the killer overacted a bit. I just thought it was ok.

One film that affected me quite a bit was "Shame" from 1988. It's been awhile since I've seen it and I've never heard anyone else mention it.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0093952/

I thought her overacting was actually really good. Made her seem that little bit more unhinged which she clearly is in real life.

Im actually in a petition for her to not be awarded her parole next year.

I'll watch Shame when I get home, as I do love this line of film, as heartbreaking as it is.

Girl Next Door
Movie is depressing and disturbing as hell,makes you very angry,makes you wish you was there just to do something,but what really happened was much worse than they portrait in movie.Very sad and very depressing movie,one of most depressing films i ever watched,if not the most.
Highly recommend.

You got me interested from the go there to be honest. I sometimes think im a little disturbed myself by wanting to watch disturbing films. But thanks for the suggestion, its deffo on my to watch list

Girl Next Door
Highly recommend.
This has been on my must see list for some time. Hopefully I'll see it soon.

I got an email from the the mother of the woman this movie's about after she found this thread. Thought you guys might be interested (I've edited it slightly to remove some standard "this is approved by the admin" stuff that doesn't apply now that I'm posting it for her):

Hello, I am Elizabeth Barber the mother of Rachel. I thought some of you may be interested to go to the official memorial site we are currently constructing for Rachel.

Thank you.

www.rachelbarberofficialmemorial.com