Suggestions please!!!

Tools    

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
K so in my APGov glass we're studying the judicial branch so can i get some suggestions for which movie we should watch in class that has to do with the court system and stuff like that (other than 12 Angry Men) thank you!

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
A Few Good Men is what we watched in my You and the Law class. Along with Runaway Jury

I'm assuming nothing rated R ... so maybeTo Kill a Mockingbird ... and if I remember right, Anatomy of a Murder was pretty good but it's been a while since I've seen it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
naw we can do rated R lol we watched some guy get castrated with a knife last year in AP euro when we watched Germinal

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
A Time To Kill or...Liar, Liar. Ok, so the last one's a joke
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The US judicial system is vast and complex enough that you're gonna have a hard time learning any useful general info by watching a movie. But one that comes to mind is a decent telling of the Gideon v. Wainwright story, and stars Henry Fonda, called Gideon's Trumpet (based on a novel of the same name). It was made for tv. Of course it's case-specific film and would be most useful in conjunction with reading the actual decision (unabridged!) as we had to in my undergraduate Con-Law class.

Car 50-mack, where are youuuu?!?

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

"Overruled..."

Miracle on 34th Street
1947, George Seaton

*and see THiS existing thread.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I found the verdict a good movie, and being a bit of a girl was into the legally blond as well lol

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
What did you end up watching, rice, and what did you think of it/them?

Put me in your pocket...
Nice choices so far...

Here's a couple more for you...both are excellent.

Inherit the Wind (1960)

Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)
Although the trial is held in Germany, I think it would still make an interesting discussion for an APGov class.

Hope this helps.