Favourite Kevin Smith movie?

Tools    

I love every movie he has done. my top 3 are.

1. mallrats
2. clerks 2
3. zack and miri make a p0rn0.

If you use the search function you'll find many Kevin Smith topics, including a poll of your favourite movie of his. Also a few threads down is a Jay and Silent Bob Universe thread.

I'm not Kevin Smith's biggest fan, but I love Clerks.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

dogma
jay and silent bob strike back

Harry is right... there are numerous existing threads on this topic... these are just a small sample:

Kevin Smith Appreciation thread

Kevin Smith (how do you feel about him)

Poll: Best Kevin Smith Movie?

I'm not going to lock this thread yet... but in the future, please use the Movie Forums Search option before starting threads of this nature... thanks and welcome to MoFo Alpha...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

i thought it was either clerks or chasing amy but i tried rewatching clerks for the first time in over ten years (a friend never saw it and thought it was something every native new jerseyite had to see) and... wow, we didn't even make it through 30 minutes it was so unfunny. i think the fact that some of the jokes were even almost funny (but not quite!) is what jumped it back two places from mediocre, all the way back to terrible. i also saw a trailer for chasing amy on the same tape and that looked just as bad. could dogma be his best film? ujgh can't believe i used to like this!

Movie Forums Extra
my all time favourite is "Chasing Amy". no replacement till date.

Welcome to the human race...
i thought it was either clerks or chasing amy but i tried rewatching clerks for the first time in over ten years (a friend never saw it and thought it was something every native new jerseyite had to see) and... wow, we didn't even make it through 30 minutes it was so unfunny. i think the fact that some of the jokes were even almost funny (but not quite!) is what jumped it back two places from mediocre, all the way back to terrible. i also saw a trailer for chasing amy on the same tape and that looked just as bad. could dogma be his best film? ujgh can't believe i used to like this!
Somehow I get the feeling I'll be expressing something similar in about 10-20 years' time.

Well, I liked Jersey Girl. Pretty good for a Kevin Smith drama film. I also liked Dogma, Clerks, Zach and Miri, and MallRats!

The one I seem to watch the most is Mallrats, not art, but I love the characters and dialog. I think people hate it because they go in expecting some underlying truth to be revealed, when really it is what it is. Is it Smith's best, no, but it does gleam with the usual Smith polish.

...uh the post is up there...

You want to post like me?
my all time favourite is "Chasing Amy". no replacement till date.
I liked Chasing Amy too . I can see why some might prefer this movie over Dogma and Clerks, for an example.

Welcome to the forum btw. You're officiallly a MoFo (which is not an abbreviation for what you might think in here).

i thought it was either clerks or chasing amy but i tried rewatching clerks for the first time in over ten years (a friend never saw it and thought it was something every native new jerseyite had to see) and... wow, we didn't even make it through 30 minutes it was so unfunny.
so you didn't think this was funny ?

clerks, dogma, mallrats.
I enjoyed An Evening With Kevin Smith too. Might make the top three, although its more of a documentary i guess

by the way, im new here. Hey