Talladega Nights

→ in
Tools    

I'm not gonna write a big long review, but just came on to say that I saw Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby last night, and it was great. Will Ferrell had yet another amazing performance as the cowboy racecar driver Ricky Bobby. His and John C Reilly's antics kept the audience laughing throughout the whole movie, and it totally lived up to expectations for me. Ferrell has yet to make a movie I don't like and I hope he keeps doing so.

I would give Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby an A++
"You smell that? Do you smell that? Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory."

-
Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore

The Adventure Starts Here!
We saw it yesterday morning. It was, indeed, a lot of fun. The scene around the table saying grace really got the ball rolling for us (although we were laughing a lot before that), and after that scene we just kinda giggled through the rest of the movie. Even the outtakes during the end credits were hilarious.

Ferrell's one of those guys I always find funny, so I was glad to see the one pouty whiny review I read was wrong (at least as far as we thought).

Silly, good fun if you want some good laughs on a sweltering August day.

it was great even from the third row

Thanks Naplam I will keep my eye out for this one when it starts here

i just got back from seeing it and i have to say it was a total piece of crap
it had some funny parts but it was sooo slow from the middle of the movie on. maybe i went to see it with high expectatios like anchorman, but all in all i think it blows

i love it... funny movie...

Well what can you say, Will Ferrel did it again. Outstanding performance and a well written comedy. The acting was good the story line was excellent. And another good movie about nascar. The one thing Will Ferrel is good at is making one good movie after another. I give this one 4

Randomly visiting for now
I'm with you Monkeypunch "shake and bake baby, shake and bake!". Some of my friends have adopted some killer lines from it and its already getting annoying, but it's still pretty funny. One of my favourites is "hey everything cool that she just said, you just ruined"

The kids were so hilarious too! When the youngest one said "Hey which one of you turds wants a smack in the mouth??!" it put me in hysterics. I saw it late at night though with a big group of people which may have biased my view cause we all love that kind of humour and the fairly funny bits get really funny when you're in a group. One of my friends laughed so hard popcorn came out of his mouth and all over the seat, good times...

I would have enjoyed this film a lot more if it wasn't for the hype. I read Total Film magazine and it rated TN five star and called it the "Funniest film of the year". I think it was a good film but after that review it didn't even come close to my expectations.

Shared Hosting from $1.50 per month!
Also offer Reseller hosting, VPS, and dedicated servers!

I couldn't get into it. I started watching but it lost me. There was some line about Rue McClanahan that I liked, but that's all.

Alot of people bashed this movie because of the product placement and it has been called "a bunch of poorly strung together sketches." Well I went into it expecting a solid Will Ferral movie and that is what I got. I say well done.

This is a great sports comedy movie. The plot speaks closest to reality in which many of the successful athletes grew up in dysfunctional families. For this case, it was Ricky's father who left them early. He was the best in his sports and he thought that by being on top of it, his dad will come back to him someday. It was not the case though.

Will Ferrell and his growing rep company provide some of their biggest laughs ever in TALLADEGA NIGHTS: THE LEGEND OF RICKY BOBBY, another of Ferrell's sports-oriented comedies that takes a popular American sport and turns it on its ears.
Ferrell plays the title character, an arrogant and dim-witted stock car driver, whose winning philosophy was based on something his father said to him as a child, whose life is altered forever when he has a serious accident and after a lengthy rehab, tries to resume his life and learns that his best friend has moved in with his wife and kids, taken over his career, and has to depend on his long lost father to take his life back.
Ferrell and Adam McKay have concocted one of the smartest and funniest screenplays in comedy history which takes effective pot shots at the stock car driving industry as well as the advertising industry as well. McKay's energized direction is also a big plus, but its Ferrell and his winning cast that really make this one shine.
Ferrell is hysterical, as always, and gets solid comic support from the always reliable John C. Reilly as Cal Naughton, Ricky's best friend who finally takes advantage of his chance to move out of Ricky's shadow, Leslie Bibb as Ricky's gold-digging wife, David Keocher and Michael Clarke Duncan as members of Ricky's pit crew, Jane Lynch as Ricky's mom, and in a performance that comes as close as I have seen anyone to steal a movie from Will Ferrell, Gary Cole as Ricky's derelict Dad, whose training sessions to get Ricky back on the track are hysterical. Sascha Baron Cohen provides some giggles as well in a sexually androgynous variation of his BORAT character.
The film provides solid laughs from beginning to end, especially for Ferrell fans. Check out this comic gem.

Ferrell and Adam McKay have concocted one of the smartest and funniest screenplays in comedy history Ferrell and his winning cast that really make this one shine.
Ferrell is hysterical
Good jokes.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah this film is hilarious. I get alot of people might hate it or think it's garbage but it's good for what it's worth. A crude,obscene yet utterly hilarious comedy.