gummo's top 100 movies

→ in
Tools    

I will take a stab at my top 100 movies. I wonder if I even like 100 movies I guess we will soon find out....I may have to change it to top 50 if I find I can't think of any before my top 10 come into the scene. You may see common themes, such as Stephen King or a lot of cheesy horror movies...I am a huge cheeseball. and a lot of the movies may be based solely on *my* entertained mind, not on quality. Also, there are many movies I haven't seen and would like to, so my list may be updated eventually.

Here we go:

Maximum Overdrive-1986
AC/DC rocks! Any movie that would use an all AC/DC soundtrack deserves a space somewhere. Oh and the movie was entertaining when I was a child. I still like watching it from time to time.

Toy Story 2-1999
I watched this movie only once with my nefew. I never laughed so hard at a children's movie. I never did see the 1st one tho...I like how Mr. Potato Head keeps falling apart.

Back To The Future-1985
"Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly. Think!" Bif was awesome! I also love crazy scientists....and sexy Micheal J. Fox

Planet Of The Apes-1968
creepy ape people freak me out!

Rain Man-1988
I don't like Tom Cruise much but I did like this movie. I liked how Raymond was intelligent in his own way....memory.

The Three Faces Of Eve-1957
A fairly accurate portrayal of Multiple Personality Disorder.

Misery-1990
Kathy Bates became my favorite actress after her performance in this movie. She was both funny and creepy!

Stevie-2002
a strange dude! And I also like that this guy decides to look up his "little brother" after so many years and then trys to help him (don't want to give too much away)....kinda nice

This Is Spinal Tap-1984
the tiny bread sandwich scene was brilliant!

The Sixth Sense-1999
I loved it when I saw it. I recommend not seeing more than once tho.

The Elephant Man-1980
this should probably go further up in the list but I decided to put it here. This was a touching story, really.

more to come...

Blow-2001
A true story about drug smuggling. Makes me wanna get high...

Jaws-1975
now I have a fear of sharks...

Rear Window-1954
and peeping toms...

School Of Rock-2003
Very entertaining. The kids were cute. They had Super musical talent. I think an after school music program is something every city needs.

The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer-2003
I loved the costumes! check this out

Village of The Damned-1960
makes me not want to have kids...

1984-1956
exactly like the book! rebel with love! I hear they are coming out with a remake in 2007???

Shaun of The Dead-2004
I laughed so hard when they had to pretend they were zombies...it was just too funny!

The Doom Generation-1995
it was a "savagely funny ride" indeed!

Bully-2001
based on a true story. I like bully revenge!

history *is* moralizing
very nice list so far! most of 'em i really liked.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
H5 for Shaun.

Some of your pictures don't seem to work, so i have no idea what the films are!

I will type in the name of the movie right now

Twist-2003
A homosexual twist to Oliver Twist. Filmed in Toronto.

Trainspotting-1996
great drug movie! I love the accents!

Leatherface:Texas Chainsaw Massacre III-1990
This one creeped me out the most out of all the TCM movies.

Stand By Me-1986
To this day the pie eating contest vomit scene grosses me out!

The Virgin Suicides-1999
The strict religious family and the seclusion reminds me of my family.

Escape From Alcatraz-1979
Clint Eastwood did a fantastic job! The way he escaped was just incedible! It takes alot of patience....

Being John Malkovich-1999
There are a few people I'd like to get inside the mind of....

Alien-1979
the best movie about aliens that I've seen yet.

Interview With The Vampire-1994
Anne Rice is the best Vampire story writer. I admit, I love vampire eyes!

Rabbit-Proof Fence-2002
Amazing story of "the stolen generation". I admire the girls' determination. Many people would just give up....

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
It seems "Top 100 Lists" are the new trend now.

I love cheese, who doesn't? Crappy horror movies rock.

Suspect's Reviews

Originally Posted by TheUsualSuspect
It seems "Top 100 Lists" are the new trend now.

I love cheese, who doesn't? Crappy horror movies rock.

yeah, and I jumped on the bandwagon, which is unusual for me....

great list so far gummo. These are just so fun to read

Wow everyone's at these now. Nice list.

Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
Wow everyone's at these now. Nice list.

Top 100 lists tell a lot about a person. It is also fun to do.
For these reasons, this is why I am creating mine.

It-1990
Sorry to scare people with a picture of Pennywise the clown. John Ritter was in IT. sexxxxxy!!! "Kiss me fatboy!"

Donnie Darko-2001
This movie quickly moved from #1 to the #68 spot after the third time watching it. I still like the movie, but I don't think I will ever watch it again since I don't think it should fall off my list of favorite movie. I don't know why it is slipping down on the list so fast, I guess other movies deserved it's spot?? It was a great movie tho.

Witness-1985
I enjoyed this movie because I am fascinated by the Amish. Plus I thought the concept was good. (yes I was one of the ones who watched "Amish in the City.")

8mm-1999
I don't know what to say about this movie except that I liked it. Nicholas Cage was good in it, as well as Joaquin Phoenix.

The Edge-1997
I saw Alec Baldwin in a new light after watching this movie. I hate the Baldwin, but I loved this movie. Anthiny Hopkins is hot!!!

Terminator-1984

A Nightmare On Elm Street-The entire collection
I can't decide which movie I like best. I think Freddy is hilarious and scary at the same time. He is very creative!

What's Eating Gilbert Grape-1993
The loyalty of Depp's character and the innocence of DiCaprio's character is what made me thoroughly enjoy this movie.

Cujo-1983
omg this dog freaked me out when I was a kid. I had nightmares for a long time after this movie. I was afraid of dogs until I was 13 years old. I blame my parents for letting a small child watch this movie...to this day I am freaked out by St. Bernards!

Sleepers-1996
This movie is full of great actors. I loved it. disturbing..

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Oh, I love a lot of these! (Virgin Suicides, Being JM, Rabbit Proof fence and several others are favorites of mine.)

That site you posted with the Rose House is great! Sounds like it's loosely based on Dr H H Holmes' house in Chicago.

The People's Republic of Clogher
This Is Spinal Tap

Escape From Alcatraz

Trainspotting

Terminator 2- 1991

Linda Hamilton was great and I, as well as every other teenage girl that year, had a crush on Edward Furlong.

The Basketball Diaries-1995

I will continue later, I have to go LOL

Dazed and Confused-1993

The Breakfast Club-1985

Carrie-1976

Heathers-1989

Psycho-1960

Taxi Driver-1976

The Omen-1976

The Exorcist-1973