"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

My song for cricket:

Go West - Village People

Because you're always going places with a smile on your face.

My song for Christine:

Ace of Base - All That She Wants

Because they seem very British, like you (although I think they're actually from Sweden), it's a very happy/sunshiny song sang by a woman and I know all you want is another baby.

BTW, this just reminded me - Ace of Base's The Sign was another song I thought about nominating for this tournament.

hahah! I dunno if I'd want another baby, but I wouldn't mind a grandchild at some point while I still have some energy left!.....

well Cricket, wow that is some story! I'm so happy you pulled yourself out of that mess. Your wife is a saint, but you also must have some backbone to have been able to sort yourself out. You have my admiration both of you. xxx

Let's not.

Chypmunk just dropped out of the tournament, and maybe the site.

This was supposed to be a fun tournament. I thought we were all adults, but I guess I was wrong. I worked in a kindergarten class with children who acted better than some people here have acted during this tournament.
I'm really really sad about this
I like Chyp, he's a nice guy with a sense of humour. Not happy that he left

I thought about a song tournament dedicated to other people, but I thought that, a) either too many songs would be about the same few posters/iif everyone had a song we might be struggling and, b) that what has happened here would almost certainly happen at some point in a tournament like that. I really didn't expect it to happen here, though. I hope Chyp and Derek come back.

I'm willing to take some blame for all the madness that has happened here, if it so be, if it must be, but I think a lot of you other people DON'T WANNA ACCEPT YOU MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHAOS THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE.

And I will name names:

Gbgoodies
Citizen Rules

And this person has been really bitchy lately, but prefers to accuse me of being the only one:

honeykid

Signed,
The Tells-It-Like-It-Is-Committee

I do understand that Citizen Rules got upset over a PM being posted. I don't know what all happened there, though, but nobody likes a PM getting openly posted.

Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back vs. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash
The Yardbirds - You're A Better Man Than I vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane
Michael Jackson - Rock With You vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun vs. Garth Brooks - Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)
Sniff 'n the Tears - Driver's Seat vs. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want
After the Fire - Der Kommissar vs. Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode
Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City vs. Madness - Our House
Johnny Cash - San Quentin vs. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up
Eminem - Lose Yourself vs. John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights

Tugg and Mistique -- I'll have songs for you in just a minute.

SC, I think you might need to come up with a theme song for this tournament.
Good idea. I'll be thinking of that, too.

My song for Tugg:

Snap - Rhythm is a Dancer

I don't know much about you except for your musical taste -- this seems like it would fit you.

My song for Mistique:

La Bouche - Be My Lover

I saw this listed among the recommendations if you like "Rhythm is a Dancer" -- I think this fits you.

ROUND 4:

Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back vs. The Rolling Stones - Jumpin Jack Flash

The Yardbirds - You're A Better Man Than I vs. The Beatles - Penny Lane (Alternate Link for U.S.)

Michael Jackson - Rock With You vs. Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun vs. Garth Brooks - Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)

Sniff 'n the Tears - Driver's Seat vs. The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

After the Fire - Der Kommissar vs. Chuck Berry - Johnny B Goode

Bobby Bland - Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City vs. Madness - Our House

Johnny Cash - San Quentin vs. 4 Non Blondes - What's Up

Eminem - Lose Yourself vs. John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights