Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Haven't seen it myself and i didn't want to say anything. But this

Absolute garbage, don't even care if i haven't seen it, that's just not the way you talk to human beings. You could be 100% right but the way this is annoys me to no end and i see it all the time. It's one of those "maybe you aren't quite ready for this truthbomb i'm about to bestow upon thee". Ugh go away .
You're annoying, and you seem very insecure with every review of mine... And when you speak for me, you sound even sillier.

I also think you need a sense of humor...

You're annoying
You're actually fine with me until you start deliberately posting bating comments which i think is shown best here which may be the funniest thing i've ever read since this is an internet forum:

I wasn't going to write a review, but I have nothing to lose
and you seem very insecure with every review of mine
Examples please? I'm not insecure here i will just continue to point out garbage when i see it, especially deliberately bating garbage.

I also think you need a sense of humor...
Say something funny for once and i might laugh.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
You're actually fine with me until you start deliberately posting bating comments which i think is shown best here which may be the funniest thing i've ever read since this is an internet forum:

Examples please? I'm not insecure here i will just continue to point out garbage when i see it, especially deliberately bating garbage.

Say something funny for once and i might laugh.

I've read some reviews I might not agree with, but that's their opinion, and I've never told you what to think, or how your perception is wrong. That's childish. Everyone has their own opinions...

You didn't even watch the movie!!

And if someone did and didn't like what I have to say, reply back with where I'm wrong... It's so weak to criticize with nothing... Again, you didn't even watch the movie!

There's an IGNORE button, too. I wouldn't even exist on here.

I've read some reviews I might not agree with, but that's their opinion, and I've never told you what to think, or how your perception is wrong. That's childish. Everyone has their own opinions.
Actually follow the argument you are trying to have please! I'm specifically arguing against the way you talk down to everyone with that comment, it has absolutely nothing to do with your opinion of the movie that i haven't seen as you've pointed out multiple times even though it has no relevance.

There's an IGNORE button, too. I wouldn't even exist on here.
I have no intention of ever using that, you could always use it on me since i'm annoying as you said but no i'd only maybe use that on an obvious annoying troll if they weren't being banned, and i don't think you are a troll.

Films and films
Good night mommy ... by Veronika Franz, Severin Fiala

6.5/10

good movie. was expecting a little more out of it .

Ordet
Great direction and photography but didnt like the religious bullsh*t and specially the ending.
It's a very challenging film, and I guess either you appreciate that type of stuff or you don't.
I struggled with it at first but as the film progressed I got more and more drawn into its world, and the ending came like a perfect climactic point. One of the most magical moments in cinema that I know of.

A Tale of Two Sisters (2003) (Dir. Kim Jee-woon)

Drawing loosely upon a Korean folktale, A Tale of Two Sisters (2003) is a definitive k-horror picture, a strong example of gorgeous filmmaking, an emotionally destructive familial drama, and a taxing psychological puzzle. In many ways, Kim Jee-woon crafts the spiritual successor to Bergman's Cries & Whispers (1972) perhaps most subtlety by paying as much attention to the chamber as the drama within it. My cultural blindness leads me to associate the rural manor with the paper thin walls of Japan, though its consciously lit wallpapers block the warm glow of the countryside to the point where night scenes feel set in an underground bunker. Not to say Jee-woon shies away from disturbing the viewer in broad daylight, an achievement many filmmakers fail to even attempt.

Jee-woon also makes sure to use horror not as a cheap excuse for shock, but as a tool for expressing trauma. For all of the supernatural imagery, one of the most disturbing scenes in the film unflinchingly depicts child abuse. Another twists the knife using an awkward conversation over dinner. Stripped completely of horror hyperbole, this picture would still stand on its own as a drama played straight.

Perhaps the weakest aspect of the film lies in its third act when the emotional core of the film is muddied by plot complexities. Instead of resolve, I experienced frustration as a story I'd been following with such ease was pulled out from under me. Eventually a bow is tied, but such an influx of details left me scrambling for a wiki summary instead of stewing in the aftermath of a tragedy. Still, I'd rather a plot twist distract from the film's substance than compensate for a lack of any.

Though unmistakably overwrought, I imagine subsequent viewings do away with my chief criticisms. Thankfully this is a film you'll probably want to watch more than once.

http://boxd.it/aPbaX

Welcome to the human race...
Hiroshima Mon Amour -

Today on "films I should've revisited before voting in the '50s countdown"...

I thought i had posted this,but i found the tab still open
Possible spoilers
Im assuming im the only one here who havent seen it till now,so i`ll skip the description of it I like how they show the friendship within the group in such a realistic way and not just the over the top sugarcoated lovedovey way hollywood usually does it to make sure we know a group of people are friends. I like the way the way DeNiros love for Meryl streep is shown,just by him looking at her.My only problem with this movie is that it seems a bit torn.It spends alot of time focusing on their time at home and then suddenly they`re in the middle of the war and havent seen eachother for who knows how long-and forced into this russian roulette scene.this happened way to fast for me and it was hard to try to understand their anguish and mental state because it came out of nowhere.
From what i read christopher walken recieved an oscar for his role,but i was more impressed by the actor who played Steven-who was absolutely amazing.This is a movie i would usually love,and i do like it alot,but there was just much happening it didnt have time to dive all the way in on either topics.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
2 TV series and 2 Flicks. . .

To The Ends of the Earth (BBC)
Quite the sea faring period piece with a solid cast. VERY enjoyable.

Boardwalk Empire (HBO)
++ A really great 5 seasons. So VERY glad I took the time to watch it all.

Cinderella Man
+++ I waited FAR TOO LONG to finally see this one. Shame on me, bad llama.

The Revenant
Wow. . . Just, Wow.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Inside Llewyn Davis

8.5/10