The power of movies.....

Tools    

I know Jurassic Park had a huge influence on science.

Since the movie came out in 1993, dinosaur hunter numbers have increased 100 fold.
The biggest insurgence was 1993-1995 when there was a massive explosion in people applying for college and uni courses in Palaeontology.

The science of cloning and bringing back extinct species was also broadened from a few scientists to hundreds across the globe, simply because the film sparked the imaginations of certain members of the audience.
The science behind JP is almost a reality too, simply due to the fact that there is now so many people working in that line of science. They've made breakthroughs that could see the Woolly Mammoth being brought back.

A system of cells interlinked
What's really odd about your comment is that I associate Carmina Burana with yet another movie - The Doors.
And stranger still, I associate it with Excalibur...

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
A great example is 1934's It Happened One Night. Clark Gable won best actor at that years Oscars. He had one scene were he removed his shirt and he wasn't wearing an under-shirt and sales of men's under-shirts plummeted nation-wide overnight in response.

It Happened One Night (1934) by Frank Capra