Tools    

The hunt

Threads..1984

Shame

The awakenings

The grey

The road

The elephant Man

The woodsman... Wasn't a fan of this film. But my God was it grim and depressing, one of the only films I almost couldn't sit through.

The son of saul

First reformed

Silent running

Melancholia

Midnight express

The sunset limited

Leaving las Vegas

A system of cells interlinked
Ran (1985)

There is hope in the road. There is a little bright spot at the end.

I'd say that The Crow really doesn't offer the viewer any hope.

My theory is that family are cannibals. Think about it? they have enough kids to feed why would they spend so much time following a kid that isn't their own. After the cameras stop rolling they probably set a barbecue and he was the main course 😂

The Great Silence

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Well there was no hope for Jenny but there was for Forest as he became a father. Weather it was really his son though is debatable.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
It's the light of a train.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Ooh I think this thread is my Jam:

Dead Man's Letters
The War Zone
Melancholia
Submarino
Let Me Fall
Liljah-4-ever
Ray and Liz
Safe Place
Was going to say this one. A lot of Von Trier movies would fit this description (Europa and Dancer in the Dark also come to mind).

My theory is that family are cannibals. Think about it? they have enough kids to feed why would they spend so much time following a kid that isn't their own. After the cameras stop rolling they probably set a barbecue and he was the main course 😂
Yeah, that was also my take when I saw it Great film, by the way.