Sane's Top 133 Favourite Films

→ in
Tools    

Great list, Sane! I quite enjoy In the Mood for Love though it's not my favorite of Wong's films, it's a very influential film for me. The main reason I visited Cambodia while I was in SEA was to witness the poetics of the astounding ending for myself, to witness buried, destroyed, recreated, and resurfacing history in my surroundings, both personal and cultural.

I'm glad you finished your list, I can begin preparing mine now
What was Cambodia like? We are going to America this year and then planning a Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan trip. After that I'm hoping we'll get to do Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos. Also planning another Malaysia trip but that will simply be an eating and shopping trip

Cambodia is definitely a place I want to see.

I bought Late Spring a while ago. Haven't watched it yet. Seeing it so high on your list certainly raises my ecpectations. And my expectations for Ozu are always high.

That was a great job Sane! I will use your list as reference for upcoming recommendations, as I've had great success watching your recs in the past. I especially look forward to seeing your number one favorite!