Post-2010s list, what should the next countdown be?

Tools    

Second We have two voting ballots, one ballot is for noirs from the 1940s-1950s. The second ballot is for neo noirs from 1960 to current. IMDB movie page is used to qualify the movies, if the tag 'noir' or 'neo-noir' occurs anywhere on the movie page then that movie qualifies. People can send both ballots or just one of them.
Y'know I was actually thinking about this and perhaps the solution isn't to revisit decades lists but to have specialized decades lists...taking a popular genre from a decade and doing a list with that...

90's - Indies
80's - Comedies
70's - New Hollywood
60's - French New Wave
50's - Science Fiction Films
40's - Noirs
30's - Musicals
20''s - Comedy Shorts

As for neo-noir being a 50 list...you could do a 50 of noir because it's such a small period of time...but neo-noir should be 100. Japan and France both had huge noir movements as well as a 25+ year run in Hollywood that moved from China Town, French Connection, The Long Goodbye all the way to Basic Instinct, Fatal Attraction, and Seven

If we're going to be breaking noir into two categories, neo and classic, I won't be voting for it. I throw my vote towards musicals, war or cannibal films instead. We didn't exclude any westerns, comedies, animation or horror because of their sub genres, we shouldn't do it for noir either. The first noir countdown should be one big umbrella covering all noir, then break it up, if we want to, in a later countdown.

So my top 5 would be:
1. Musicals
2. War
3. Noir (only if it includes all noir) otherwise Cannibal Films
4. Historical/ Biography
5. Action

Y'know I was actually thinking about this and perhaps the solution isn't to revisit decades lists but to have specialized decades lists...taking a popular genre from a decade and doing a list with that...

90's - Indies
80's - Comedies
70's - New Hollywood
60's - French New Wave
50's - Science Fiction Films
40's - Noirs
30's - Musicals
20''s - Comedy Shorts
I like that and when it's time to do the next 'decades countdown', (we've of course done them all) so your idea would be a good way to tackle that and keep it fresh.
Also these:
00's - Foreign dramas
10's - Franchise movies

*Funny thing, just last night I was thinking of suggesting a 60s French New Wave countdown for the future. Of course people would want to expand that to include any quirky movie that they want to call 'new wave'.

The truth is in here
I think romance should be the next one 100%. Thriller would include too many repeats from earlier lists I've made, and as much as I love musicals I still feel my experience with them isn't wide enough to put together a satisfying list. Let's do it!

The trick is not minding
Not really sure. I don't see any clear consensus, so I guess I'm just deciding for everyone what goes in the poll?
I’d just throw Noir/crime thriller, War, and Musical up to make it easier. Consensus seems too difficult to achieve at this rate. Feel free to throw anything else up that you feel warrants it’s inclusion in the poll, and let the voting commence!

Not really sure. I don't see any clear consensus,
so I guess I'm just deciding for everyone what goes in the poll?
A group as diverse as us MoFos will probably never reach any kind of consensus But I think one could extrapolate what were the most popular and least popular of the ideas...and which were the most problematic...I'm sure whatever genres you put on the poll will be fine with us! And we all had a fair chance to have our say, which was cool So bring on the poll!

*Seems Romance is one that is popular and might be considered?

I’d just throw Noir/crime thriller...
I'll echo Holden's earlier post and say combining Noir with Crime or Crime Thrillers would be a huge disappointment for noir fans.

I totally get and respect that not many want a pure Noir countdown. So a Crime countdown (without the word Noir) would be much better because one could still vote for noir movies as they are crime themed, but the sting of having noir overshadowed by popular crime movies wouldn't be an issue. Hope that makes sense, or just read what Holden wrote as he said it better.

I'll echo Holden's earlier post and say combining Noir with Crime or Crime Thrillers would be a huge disappointment for noir fans.

I totally get and respect that not many want a pure Noir countdown. So a Crime countdown (without the word Noir) would be much better because one could still vote for noir movies as they are crime themed, but the sting of having noir overshadowed by popular crime movies wouldn't be an issue. Hope that makes sense, or just read what Holden wrote as he said it better.
I agree with this. Noir should be its own countdown, separate from crime or thriller.

The trick is not minding

I’m fine with that and agree as well

I think there should be some conspiracy like in sports where we lose a countdown, like a draft pick, and not have a countdown until the decade refresh in the fall.

Like X poster tampered with the voting software and Yoda acts like Goodell.

My suggestion: the poll should be:

Musicals
Noir
War
Romance
Action
Yeah, I think this is the best option.

Romance
War

Noir

Hopefully, very loosely based. For example, "Kiss of Death" is considered by some not to be noir because there is no femme fatale.
Which Kiss of Death? The 1947 movie or the 1995 remake?

Kiss of Death (1947) is noir. Kiss of Death (1995) is neo noir. A femme fatale is not needed for a film to be noir or neo noir.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Which Kiss of Death? The 1947 movie or the 1995 remake?

Kiss of Death (1947) is noir. Kiss of Death (1995) is neo noir. A femme fatale is not needed for a film to be noir or neo noir.

The original. I still think it's noir, but had a professor in college who insisted it wasn't because of the femme fatale, then he asked if we could name another that is considered noir without a femme fatale. I couldn't.