Who wants to test the new design?

Tools    

Okay, so, the other day I was thinking "cripes, there's still a lot to do, and I haven't even had anyone test the new design yet!" And then I realized "wait, you're supposed to have people test things before they're done. That's the whole point of having beta testers."

So, I'm putting the call out for MoFos who want a big ol' peek at the new site before it launches. The plan is to cut a couple of corners and go with largely superficial facelifts on a few secondary pages/areas so that we can get this thing live this month, before the Oscars, which means possibly having a few of you testing the new design as early as next week.

I can only let a few people do this, so don't be offended if you don't get picked! Tons of you guys would be super helpful, I have no doubt, so if you don't get chosen it's not a reflection on you at all.

Here's what I'll need from any potential tester:
  • Willing to keep specifics to themselves, obviously.
  • Willing to deal with some things being a little broken for awhile.
  • Willing to put a fair bit of time into just poking around randomly.
  • Willing to put a fair bit of thought into the feedback they give.
  • Willing to swap lots of messages, or even IMs (or perhaps a Skype call) to pin things down more quickly and precisely.
And a big bonus, but not required (please specify in your reply if you can do any of this): the ability and/or willingness to test on multiple platforms and browsers.

So, who wants to help and see all this stuff a little earlier than everyone else?

I should add: though it's not at all necessary, if you have any kind of IT or creative background at all, please mention it! Ditto for whether or not you can do the multiple browser/platform thing. Those are all potentially useful things.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I have access to a PC with IE, Chrome and Firefox, and a mac with safari, as well as an iphone and ipad with several browsers on each, and have taken several computer science classes in college (it's going to be my minor)

I've made multiple websites, been admin on a number of forums and do a computer science related course at university, last module I did was Web Applications, I have an iPhone. Pick me!

A system of cells interlinked
I can test the site out, but wouldn't be able to sit down and take a really good look until tomorrow.

I have multiple browsers, and both Windows XP and Win 7 running at my house.

I have IT experience.

I don't have Skype, but can install it. I do have Google Meetups installed and running, as I use it daily to meet with remote people in regards to our board game projects (We are revealing our new game at a convention TOMORROW, btw, but I am not going).

Google is nice because it has screen-sharing...which might be useful to show you bugs/problems etc.

If you need anyone else I'm around. Not got a professional IT background but have PC/ipad/iphone and hubby has android phone I can use.

The Adventure Starts Here!
You gotta pick Deadite just for that guinea pig picture.

I'm in if you want a fairly articulate nerdy-geeky type.

I can test via IE, Chrome, Win7, WinXP, WinME (yes, I know!), and also Android smartphone, iPad, and Kindle Fire (which you probably aren't worrying about -- it's a sort of Android hybrid).

I would like to choose Sexy Celebrity as my co-tester.
Thank you. I support your selection in this tester picking thing, too.