HBO Making Game of Thrones

Tools    

You want to post like me?
WARNING: "Season 1 Episode 10" spoilers below
What did I tell you about the dragons! Granted, no close-up and crack but I still called it. What a great way to end the season. F*cking dragons man, winning!

I am burdened with glorious purpose
http://swampofboredom.com/2011/06/16...h-version-wmv/

Very very funny. "For those that thought this was an incredible dramatic turn of events, leave the room!" "two-legged spoiler" --

Well, I must say this was incredible. I was actually a bit bored in the first few episodes -- surprisingly, since they were Sean Bean heavy -- but then the show really picked up and I was pretty excited each week. I had read the book so I knew what was coming, but after a while, I didn't care about comparing the two, I was just enjoying the look and feel of the series.

I absolutely love Peter Dinkage and that "stay low" joke from episode 9 had me laughing out loud. Of course, I wasn't laughing for long.

As many of you know, I love Sean Bean and well -- he did what he does so perfectly.

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
I will miss Sean and he is why I got interested in the first place, but the story is rather compelling and HBO did a great job. I'll be back for season 2!

I absolutely loved all the Sean Bean love that was all over the Internet with people screaming that the best actor/main character was gone! It was funny to me, too, since he dies most of the time anyway and it was no surprise to his fans!

Looking forward to season 2. That last image was pretty terrific. I couldn't tell it was CGI. It's a long time to wait, though...

Post contains spoilers to episode 9 & 10

Wondered how long before heard from you on this thread, tramp. The only things that can help Bean survive any film or show seems to either be by being Sharpe or faking an American accent. So, pretty standard arc for him here! But then most aren't fans and more annoyed that he was advertised as the lead and main character and feel duped. Which is entirely the point and is a bold move that sets the tone fantastically. Though, on the other hand, I like the direction Walking Dead has taken.

KK- I think I preferred that the stories were set in a World where there could dragons opposed to actually being any. I'm glad there was a pay off for Dany's story as after Khal went, I wondered if there was any story left there. I figured she wouldn't get burnt when she went in the fire but didn't expect dragons. Some ***** is gonna go down!

As a finale it was much more a segue to Season 2 than capping off anything and I suppose that can't be helped due to the nature of the show. And things are certainly heading in an interesting direction, just hope there a little bits of pay off as we go and not continual progression (I heard the books aren't even finished yet).

Big speculation now is who will play Stannis..... thoughts from book readers?

And Joffrey is possibly the biggest ***** weasel on TV. Was so hoping Arya would spiking him last episode or Sansa push him. His comeuppance will be a treat.

Hope Tyrion brings Bronn to Kings Landing.

One issue I have is the wolves- after seeing the corpse of their Mother, the threat they seem meant to portray (taking down 10 men) doesn't live up to the depiction. And wonder how budget will handle Dragons, after they obviously shied away from grander scale battles.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Last night's episode was pretty impressive. I'm really curious as to what direction the story is going to go in regards to Littlefinger and the eunuch. Their conversations are always interesting.

I had a feeling about those eggs. They just keep showing them too much for them to not have any significance. Danys story just keeps getting better and better.

This is the only show I've ever watched that had me hooked from the first episode. I'm going to miss looking forward to Sunday nights for sure.

I've been meaning to watch it. I think it'll be available on demand for quite some time though, so I won't have to rush.

In-cre-di-ble! A season finale that delivers, surprised me, and left me longing for more. When Sedai/Mike said the first book was good, but the 2nd and 3rd were great! LOL! Oh I can see why?! Theres so much they have to resolve, and you know theyll be introducing new stuff. Siiiiiiiiiiigh! I hope season 2 will be longer.

LOL! Sean Bean saw this vid!

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...nqlto1_500.jpg

Some people are really upset.
I saw this video, these two black guys from L.A., and the older one tells him I died, and the young one is really pissed off that I’m dead! He keeps going, “That can’t be ****ing true. He killed off my man!” It’s fantastic. It’s so funny. I can’t stop laughing at that. They’re the last people you would expect to be so pissed off!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
On episode 6 right now, hope to finish by this weekend.

Suspect's Reviews

Started reading the book, can see how well the show tackled the source, have the shows images living in the words. Kind of shame couldn't make my own interpretations of the writing but it's still a great read so far even though know what's going to happen.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Love love loved this show. I haven't read the books, so not wanting to scan this thread too much just in case of spoilers (Sweetie!)

I do agree with the hate that is Joffrey.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

Lots of casting news lately, all seem fairly positive choices. Liam Cunningham is pretty much best for Davos, others are all close, can't comment too much on Stannis after they messed up Renly a bit.

Thought this might be of interest.

'Game of Thrones' in for long run, says HBO

HBO executives Richard Plepler and Michael Lombardo have declared that Game of Thrones will have a long run.

The fantasy drama was renewed for a second season back in April, with new episodes expected to air in 2012.

"I hope it lasts for 20 years," HBO programming president Lombardo told Entertainment Weekly. "I promise you we won't stop it before it's ready to stop.

"There's a great relationship fans have with the show and we appreciate that. We've never seen people get so excited about casting [decisions]."

HBO co-president Pleper also insisted that the television adaptation will continue "as long as [author George R R Martin] keeps writing".

However, Lombardo confirmed that HBO does not have a "predetermined number of seasons" in mind for Game of Thrones, and also rejected the notion of expanding each season beyond ten episodes.

"If we could do 12 [episodes], we would," he insisted. "To produce those shows in the time they have, there's no way they could physically do more than ten... without diluting the quality."

Game of Thrones executive producer David Benioff recently revealed that a potential third season will begin to branch away from George R R Martin's original novels.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s15...-says-hbo.html

Tom Wlaschiha joins 'Game of Thrones'

Tom Wlaschiha has reportedly landed a role in the second season of Game of Thrones.

The actor has signed up to play Jaquen H'Ghar in future episodes of the show, fansite Westeros reports.

Jaquen is a Lorathi prisoner who is recruited to the Night's Watch by Yoren (Francis Magee).

Most of Wlaschiha's previous work is from Germany, although he has appeared in the British shows The Deep and The Sarah Jane Adventures. He also starred in the one-off Matt Smith drama Christopher And His Kind.

Wlaschiha is the latest actor to sign up for Game of Thrones after Nonso Anozie and Gemma Whelan.

Other stars who have joined the cast for the second season include Liam Cunningham, Carice van Houten, Stephen Dillane, Natalie Dormer and Gwendoline Christie.

Game of Thrones is expected to return for its new season in the spring.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s15...f-thrones.html