The most ironic movie ever?

Tools    

Guys, I have a video interpretation and thought an analysis of an ironic scene would do good. Looking forward to suggestions!

This entire thread is ironic.

I think it was more about Vader being questioned by Yoda and then Palpatine pointing it out
I guess it shows I'm not a Warsie. I know that's the wrong terminology, but what's the Star Wars version of a Trekkie?

I guess it shows I'm not a Warsie. I know that's the wrong terminology, but what's the Star Wars version of a Trekkie?

A nerd.

We'll need a working definition of irony, then, I think, since people misuse the word all the time.

Technically it means (or meant) something contrary to what would be expected, but that's pretty broad, and a lot of people use it to just mean "saying the opposite of what you mean." To complicate things, you're asking in the context of film, and there is such a thing as "dramatic irony," which is when the audience knows something a character doesn't that casts what they do or say in another light.

Master of My Domain
there is such a thing as "dramatic irony," which is when the audience knows something a character doesn't that casts what they do or say in another light.
I'd go with this since its more applicable to movies.

OP, the scene where Hans Gruber outsmarts John McClane by pretending to be a hostage comes to mind. So much tension because we know our hero's in danger, yet we can do nothing about it.