Make your confession to your fellow MoFos

Tools    

If someone was to watch it for the first time, I would have them watch the movies over the epic. Watching the epic though I didnt get any less enjoyment out of it, nor feel "Oh how could they?!" not even once.

I've probably told this story, but I went to the video store (shows how long ago this was) and wanted to get both Godfather films. I'd seen bits & pieces here & there, but wanted to watch them back to back in their entirety. I always remember the video store guy getting me the combined movie (whatever it was called then), handing it to me and telling me I had to watch this version because this was "the only way to watch it."

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I've probably told this story, but I went to the video store (shows how long ago this was) and wanted to get both Godfather films. I'd seen bits & pieces here & there, but wanted to watch them back to back in their entirety. I always remember the video store guy getting me the combined movie (whatever it was called then), handing it to me and telling me I had to watch this version because this was "the only way to watch it."
There are still plenty of video stores around, I go to them all the time.

I am the Watcher in the Night
Have you seen Donnie Brasco? Scarface? Any Given Sunday? Carlito's Way? Scent Of A Woman? Glengarry Glen Ross? Im not trying to browbeat I just think ......just having a hard time accepting youve seen enough of his work.
Scarface is way over the top, it's a guilty pleasure for sure and fun to watch but far from a great movie and Pacino overacts to death in that one.

I like Donnie Brasco and Carlito's Way but I preferred Sean Penn in the latter and in terms of crime movies, both are part of the b tier.

GGGR is ok, nothing special and I already mentioned I liked Scent of a Woman.

Like I said, outside of GF and Heat and a few other movies, Pacinos filmography isn't great. It's certainly good and maybe I used the wrong word (abysmal) but I prefer what De Niro or Hank have done in their careers to Pacino, although based on raw talent, Pacino is the better actor.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

I am the Watcher in the Night
He does say that he likes Scent Of A Women, which is baffling. Heat is a typical shouty Pacino performance, so liking that is slightly odd, too. To me, anyway.
Agreed, but I didn't just say it was down to Pacino's performance. That entire movie is so well made, De Niro turns in one of his last truly great performances and it is easily one of the most quotable movies of the 90s.

It seems I often like the movies in which Pacino is part of an ensemble.

Harry Potter bores the hell out of me and Emma Watson had a horrible American accent in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was another **** movie.
God, I thought it was just me...have never been able to get through a Harry Potter movie without nodding off.

God, I thought it was just me...have never been able to get through a Harry Potter movie without nodding off.
I went to see the first one. I felt it was good for little kids, but not enough impact for me so I never watched any others.

It seems I often like the movies in which Pacino is part of an ensemble.
I find this applies to Will Ferrell, too. All but one time I've asked someone what they like about a Will Ferrell film, it's always been other actors/characters in the movie.

I confess to sometimes being a disaster at making a post.

I write first what comes freely, then I try and structure the mess, then I try and spell check and fix grammar errors, then I post. THEN I have to edit that post cause I was too impatient to do the first steps correctly, and then I post. Alot of times I look at the post afterward, and then delete it. I delete alot of my own posts, probably more than anyone here.

Master of My Domain
yes me too. So weary I can't be arsed to watch the Hateful Eight
You should consider skipping that one, because I don't think it's good at all. That's my confession. Other MoFos will say otherwise.

Seanc is right, this thread is about dissing the stuff he likes.

I like Francis Ford Coppola, and like most of his movies. I confess to thinking Apocalypse Now to be an overrated piece of business, and he being the main reason it fell short with me. Over directed like he was trying to be an "artist" or something. Honestly I thought Dracula more artistic than Apocalypse Now, and an overall sounder movie.