Movie Tab II

Tools    

Originally Posted by Twain
I saw most of it. I wasn't familiar with any of the actors but I thought it was very well done. The actress playing Elizabeth was good but it's hard to match Cate Blanchett.

I never understood why Liz wore the thick white makeup til seeing The Virgin Queen and the smallpox episode. Elizabeth was a complex character who ran the gamut from victim to powerful monarch. It's one of history's great dramas.

I wasn't familiar with any of the actors either but also thought, what I did see, was very well done and would really like to catch all of it... I loved Cate as Elizabeth and also thought Betty Davis was good as well.

I knew about the pox scars behind the white make-up and that, as she got older and had lost several of her teeth, she stuffed rags in her cheeks to make her face appear as fuller… It's kind of hard to believe that some of the things they did to themselves back then was considered attractive....

March of the Penguins (2005) 4/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
I wasn't familiar with any of the actors either but also thought, what I did see, was very well done and would really like to catch all of it... I loved Cate as Elizabeth and also thought Betty Davis was good as well.

I knew about the pox scars behind the white make-up and that, as she got older and had lost several of her teeth, she stuffed rags in her cheeks to make her face appear as fuller… It's kind of hard to believe that some of the things they did to themselves back then was considered attractive....
If I might horn in: you would enjoy reading I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles. It's a very similar Elizabeth to Cate's, in character, and a really fun read.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
If I might horn in: you would enjoy reading I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles. It's a very similar Elizabeth to Cate's, in character, and a really fun read.
Thanks... I'll have to check it out. I've read a little about Elizabeth but would like to read more... especially pertaining to her decision to have Queen Mary Stuart locked in the tower and then later beheaded...

Alfie ~ ver.JudeL Whoa! This was not the bouncy fun ride I was expecting. Excellent film and you know what.... Jude Law is great. I'm not ashamed to say it. YES, he's pretty. Relentlessly pretty with a voice like raw silk. But the pretty boy can ACT and he fired on every cylander in this one. Strong supporting cast, too. Really lovely. Pardon me, I think I'll go watch it again.

Hi Pimp... glad you're back... how was boot camp?
It was an experience. The good things were really good and the bad things were good in a wierd way.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Dumplings (2004, Fruit Chan)

4/5

Distasteful? Yeah! But who cares...

Beautifully photographed by the ubiquitous Christopher Doyle, and it's got Ling Bai in tight trousers.

The less said about the subject matter the better though, I'll let you find out.

-----------------------------

Batman Begins (2005, Christopher Nolan)

4/5

The last person on the planet to see Batman Begins I think, but I like.

12 out of the first 15 cast members listed by the IMDB aren't American either (and 3 are from Norn Iron). Interesting......as were the fantastic moustaches.

There's treachery afoot!!!
Unleashed-2.7/5, the premise of the movie is rediculous but the fighting scenes were awesome.

A system of cells interlinked
A friend hooked up with a new plasma screen, so we went over for a couple....

War of the Worlds(Spielberg, 2005)

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Kaufman, 1978)

The Pianist (Polanski, 2002)

15 minutes of The Great Silence (il grande silenzio) (1969). I couldnt handle the dubbing, twas so off putting. Gah.

Pillow Talk (1959) - I think I fancy Rock Hudson

I am having a nervous breakdance
Stealth (2005) 2/5
Mr & Mrs Smith (2005) 2˝/5

I'm glad I didn't have to pay for either one of them...
You stole them?!?!?!

Oldboy (2003 - Chan-wook Park)

Good one. Probably one of the best revenge-films I've seen... Multifaceted... I'm glad I bought it.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Have you seen He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not with Audrey Tautou? If not, I think you would like it too...
WHoa! I just found this. I will check it out, haven't seen it yet. I did see it in the rack at Blockbuster recently, maybe I'll grab it next time Netflix sends me a broken disc...

I missed the Return of daPimp, as well. Welcome back, Pimp!!