The Best Music of Today...

Tools    

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Ch-ch-check this out - most of those bands are not very invoative and are hardly "The best music of today." The only one that is maybe worth mentioning is cold play since they put out some quality songs in the past. Othen than that, not really. Killers? What are you on crack?
man, if you knew anything,ANYTHING about music you would that it's COLDPLAY NOT COLD PLAY!!! and i bet that you only recognized the killers from the list and never heard of the other bands, let alone know what kind of music they play...you didn't mention music that you listen to or consider relevant and inovative...and btw, what does my being on crack have to do with anything???

And this is my BOOMstick!
Originally Posted by adidasss
man, if you knew anything,ANYTHING about music you would that it's COLDPLAY NOT COLD PLAY!!! and i bet that you only recognized the killers from the list and never heard of the other bands, let alone know what kind of music they play...you didn't mention music that you listen to or consider relevant and inovative...and btw, what does my being on crack have to do with anything???
Oh sorry you're a troll. G'day.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
kids if you can't behave then its the naughty corner for you

Being part of te best music of today does not mean a band must be innovative just really really good. VPersonally i think the killers rock and Mr. Brightside is one of my new favourite songs, it was incredibly catchy and ws something i hadt heard of before and i dug it!

And Coldplay are good not only because of songs they had in the past but their new album also has some really great tooooons.

And total agreement on the white stripes, i cant wait to buy Get Behind Me Satan, its gonna rock my socks off!

Originally Posted by Nitzer
Oh sorry you're a troll. G'day.
how weak and uninspired....i'm not a "troll" ( what ever the **** that is ), i only attack people who attack me first...and i sense that this forum needs someone like me, things are getting too PC around here...i'm stating my opinion about your knowledge of music of today ( which is obviously not extensive ), and i have a right to express my opinion, i'm not one of those 9 year old kids who jumps into a forum and starts calling everyone a ****** for thinking a certain way, i try to refrain from insults in most cases...if you can't take criticism, you have no business being on a forum, for you see, it is a place for people to express their various opinions about things...

The People's Republic of Clogher
for you see, it is a place for people to express their various opinions about things...
There's a difference between expressing your own opinion and belittling someone elses.

how weak and uninspired....i'm not a "troll" ( what ever the **** that is ), i only attack people who attack me first...and i sense that this forum needs someone like me, things are getting too PC around here...i'm stating my opinion about your knowledge of music of today ( which is obviously not extensive ), and i have a right to express my opinion, i'm not one of those 9 year old kids who jumps into a forum and starts calling everyone a ****** for thinking a certain way, i try to refrain from insults in most cases...if you can't take criticism, you have no business being on a forum, for you see, it is a place for people to express their various opinions about things...
And if you can't take criticism without replies like this, maybe you have no business being on a forum. And if you don't know what a troll is, it doesn't make much sense to deny being one.

If you think things are "too PC" around here, tough. It's not your place to determine what the level of discourse should be. That's my job. If you want more unncessarily confrontational discussions, find another forum.

This will be the only time I say this.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Some of the newer bands that I have been listening to lately are:

the Killers
Fall Out Boy
The Starting Line
Bright Eyes
Aiden
Hawthorne Heights
Bayside
The Junior Varsity
The Black Maria

There are more, but that's enough for now. I'm interested to know what you all think of the above bands

Someone Save Us College Kids
You'r list is pathetic...... The only bands that stand out is The Hot Hot Heat, RAGE, and Coldplay. I belive that they don't even stand out that much, for all they are just cheap copies of the Beatles, Bowie, and Queen. What you're basically stating by posting those bands is that Alternative and UK rock is the best music of today and it may very well be, but not those bands..... The Bloc Party??? are you effing serious. Ill give you props for posting the White Stripes, for they are from my stomping grounds. Further more it's very stupid for you to say that he is belittling your opinon. He's only stating the obvious and its called a debate.

Originally Posted by voneil7
Some of the newer bands that I have been listening to lately are:

the Killers
Fall Out Boy
The Starting Line
Bright Eyes
Aiden
Hawthorne Heights
Bayside
The Junior Varsity
The Black Maria

There are more, but that's enough for now. I'm interested to know what you all think of the above bands

The Killers- Have you ever wonered what a updated version of Bowie or Queen wuold sound like? Enough said. Each one of there songs can be decphiered into just the same thing over and over again.

Fall Out Boy- People for some reason loves these guys. I will give them credit for being able to play their instruments other then that they're just rolling along with the fad which is Main-Stream EMO and PP.

The Starting Line- These guys are an ok group. There lead singer sounds like Fall Out Boys lead. They have a good song called Playing Favorites

Bright Eyes- Some people have said that Bright Eyes is going to be really big someday. Well I don't totaly agree with that, but I will say that they can make a good song on an occasion. Although Conor Oberst singing is very annoying.

Black Maria- OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think these guys are good very good. They have a lot of potential as a Metal/Alternative band.

I'm pretty high on The Shins, and I think The Comas are bound to hit it big before long. Other than that, U2's still got it (even though "it" isn't what "it" used to be).

Shame The Beta Band broke up, too. I liked them.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I'm pretty high on The Shins, and I think The Comas are bound to hit it big before long. Other than that, U2's still got it (even though "it" isn't what "it" used to be).

Shame The Beta Band broke up, too. I liked them.
The Shins are excellant

Where I come from, liking U2 is similar to supporting a football team (the first LP I ever bought was War) - it's tribal.

I don't like them as much as I used to however, it started to fade somewhere between Bono discovering irony and Bono forgetting how to write great songs.

Rattle And Hum didn't help the cause either.

They're probably still the best 'stadium' band around though.

Thats funny Tacitus cause in my school they hate U2. I like em cause they make good music and they're Irish

That's what I mean by the 'football team' analogy.

Now I can remember wearing a leather waistcoat without a shirt underneath.

ermmm....with a bootlace tie.

Neutral Milk Hotel
The Shins are very good. Coldplay is also hitting it pretty big right now
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

For me, the best music of today is still yesterday's music.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Man, I remember when I first discovered Green Day. "Dookie" came out and I loved it... I went to see Bad Religion and Green Day was the opening act and totally stole the show. They started with "Welcome to Paradise"... I still love that cd. It's part of my growing up.
Dookie is a good album, but I haven't liked anything by Green Day since. American Idiot is ok, but it is not the second coming of rock like most seem to be thinking.

My favorite new band is The Shins. Not only are they amazingly catchy, but James Mercer's lyrics, which range from being about breaking up to being about Communism, are brilliant. Oh Inverted World is a classic, but Chutes Too Narrow is one of my all-time favorites.

Radiohead is better than The Shins, so I guess they're my favorite new band.

Other great bands from the last couple of years that I've been listening to include The Unicorns, Wilco, The White Stripes, The Mars Volta, and The Kaiser Chiefs (nice and catchy). I also like Jay-Z and Kanye West when it comes to rap. I know I'm forgetting stuff, but these are all great. I'm more of a classic rock guy though.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Latley Im Liking the Brian Jonestown Massacre. If you have ever seen the documentary Dig you would know why. They use 20 instruments in basically all of there songs and its truly amazing. The Musician I have the most repect for right now is Jeff Mangum. Hes the only musician ive know who lives up to his lyrics. He writes Fantasy like lyrics and, he dosent Drink or do any drugs. And recently he ran away to the circus and plays guitar for sideshow acts.