Obama Most Pro-Abortion President in History

Tools    

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I must've missed the part in The Bible where Jesus advocated using the force of law to redistribute wealth, rather than appealing to personal charity.
Many things can be missed for many reasons.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
This just goes to show how false the pro-choice/pro-abortion position is that those who support it are so ignorant of their position that they can't even answer basic questions. They would rather ignore the problem and pretend it doesn't exist. They are cowards who don't want to face the truth. They are blind and misinformed followers to the liberal agenda of the culture of death. When it comes down to it, they will admit to not knowing exactly when personhood begins and yet they are quick to vote for pro-abortion leaders. They need to learn to realize that an unborn child is a human being and stop supporting their deaths by voting for pro-abortion politicians.

Obama Celebrates 41 Years of Abortion: Roe an “Opportunity to Fulfill Dreams”

by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 1/22/14 12:11 PM

President Barack Obama issued a statement today celebrating the 41-year-old Roe v. Wade decision that allowed for virtually unlimited abortions. in a written statement, the president said the Roe abortion anniversary is an “opportunity to fulfill dreams.”

The decision, handed down on January 22, 1973, overturned pro-life laws offering protection for unborn children in most states across the country, and made abortions legal and virtually unlimited. Almost 57 million unborn children have been killed in abortions since.

The statement follows:

Today, as we reflect on the 41st anniversary of the Supreme Court decision in Roe v. Wade, we recommit ourselves to the decision’s guiding principle: that every woman should be able to make her own choices about her body and her health. We reaffirm our steadfast commitment to protecting a woman’s access to safe, affordable health care and her constitutional right to privacy, including the right to reproductive freedom. And we resolve to reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, support maternal and child health, and continue to build safe and healthy communities for all our children. Because this is a country where everyone deserves the same freedom and opportunities to fulfill their dreams.

The statement is similar to his 2011 one, which celebrated abortion while trying to stake out a middle position.

For most Americans, the day the Supreme Court handed down its decision was a day to mourn — a day to mourn the loss of tens of millions of unborn children — sons and daughters, brothers and sisters lost to a world that values choice over compassion. It was a day to mourn the damage abortion does to women — the medical problems, the mental health issues, the damaging of relationships with friends and family, and the destruction of relationships with God.

It was a day to mourn the culture of death abortion has brought to our nation and our world. A culture that believes death is a solution for those who are considered too old or too ill. A culture that believes human life is a commodity to be created and manipulated.

Polling data shows Americans are pro-life and few agree with Obama’s unlimited abortion position.

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/01/22/o...ulfill-dreams/

Mes, are you a deeply religious person?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
I don't know anyone who's pro-abortion, but I do know those who have a habit of seeing things in black and white.

Mes, are you a deeply religious person?
No, not really; but, if you can find any pro-life / anti-Obama atheists who understand the importance of this day let me know so I can post their stories as well.

Abortion is not really a religious issue anyhow. It is a human-rights issue. Slave owners were able to justify their harsh treatment of their slaves because to them the black man was not human simply because he didn't look human. It's the same story with those who support abortion "rights." They make exactly the same claim towards the unborn child. When you strip away a person's dignity, it is easier to kill them.

If you have ever watched the mini series Roots (1977), you may see a striking resemblance between slavery and abortion.

Then again, I would totally approve this (no) if it wasn't the case that the blastula/embryo/fetus is, physiologically speaking, an organic part of the woman's body. If she doesn't have any power to decide on her own body, does she have any basic human right at all?

Slave owners were able to justify their harsh treatment of their slaves because to them the black man was not human simply because he didn't look human.
Actually slave owners often justified it using passages from the Bible and by pointing to the fact that slavery has existed throughout history. They also justified as a way to spread Christianity by essentially forcing their own religious views onto their slaves.

Regardless, there isn't much in common between slavery and abortion.

Actually slave owners often justified it using passages from the Bible and by pointing to the fact that slavery has existed throughout history. They also justified as a way to spread Christianity by essentially forcing their own religious views onto their slaves.
And they were able to rationalize that because of reasons like the onehe mentioned. But you can plug pretty much any two values into the "X was used to justify Y" algebra. People will use whatever they happen to believe to justify whatever they happen to want to do.

Regardless, there isn't much in common between slavery and abortion.
Abortion has one clear, undeniable thing in common with virtually every great crime against humanity: denying that all humans are "full" humans. The notion of partial human beings is a common thread through everything from abortion to slavery to the Holocaust.

And they were able to rationalize that because of reasons like the one he mentioned.
They were able to rationalize it because the Bible essentially condoned slavery and because Jesus never spoke against it. They also rationalized it by convincing themselves that they were doing right by their slaves, that slavery actually improved the lives of the enslaved.

"Never before has the black race of Central Africa, from the dawn of history to the present day, attained a condition so civilized and so improved, not only physically, but morally and intellectually." - John C. Calhoun

To me, the issue of slavery and the issue of abortion are wholly different and to throw it - or something like the holocaust - into the conversation does nothing but derail it from the subject.

They were able to rationalize it because the Bible essentially condoned slavery and because Jesus never spoke against it.
The Bible does not "essentially condone" slavery, it acknowledges its existence. It specifically calls slavers "ungodly." And more importantly, some of the passages that get thrown around (usually by people who haven't read The Bible in any form, let alone bothered to study the nuances of the original languages) are about something more like indentured servitude to pay off debts.

A more accurate comparison would be the story of Moses, where the Israelites were enslaved just for being Israelites. That's the kind of slavery we're actually talking about. And if you want a hint about what The Bible thinks of that, you can peruse the various plagues that resulted.

They also rationalized it by convincing themselves that they were doing right by their slaves, that slavery actually improved the lives of the enslaved.

"Never before has the black race of Central Africa, from the dawn of history to the present day, attained a condition so civilized and so improved, not only physically, but morally and intellectually." - John C. Calhoun
No disagreement there (with the first paragraph, that is).

To me, the issue of slavery and the issue of abortion are wholly different and to throw it - or something like the holocaust - into the conversation does nothing but derail it from the subject.
I think that depends on the attitudes of the people discussing it. It's certainly true that lots of people will hear "Holocaust" and flip out and say "ARE YOU ACTUALLY COMPARING THIS TO THE HOLOCAUST RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE." But more thoughtful people should be able to hold them as morally different while still seeing the similarity in rationalization: that classifying people as "partial" humans is a common factor in virtually every great human crime. It even fits what you just said about "doing right by their slaves": we've got people in the other thread right now claiming that some of these abortions are for their own good.

Do these similarities mean abortion will be looked on as a great human crime one day, too? Not necessarily. But that's the similarity, and it doesn't strike me as an unfair or superficial one. Humans have a terrible, terrible track record when they try to make finely-sliced distinctions between which types of people "count" as people.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
This just goes to show how false the pro-choice/pro-abortion position is that those who support it are so ignorant of their position that they can't even answer basic questions.

All those questions were directed towards people who voted for Obama, not for people who are pro-choice. For example, I am pro-choice but I voted for Romney because unlike most people I realize that the president has VERY limited control over social issues such as abortion, gay marriage, marijuana laws etc. Those are usually covered by the states. The way that I decided to vote in the last election was through a point system. I looked at the candidates positions on economic policies which I awarded 3 points, foreign policy I awarded 2 points and social issues 1 point because the president has little control over that. Romney won based on the point system I used but that doesn't make me any less pro-choice, I just can acknowledge that there's no way the federal government is going to yank that power away from the states.

They are cowards who don't want to face the truth. They are blind and misinformed followers to the liberal agenda of the culture of death. When it comes down to it, they will admit to not knowing exactly when personhood begins and yet they are quick to vote for pro-abortion leaders. They need to learn to realize that an unborn child is a human being and stop supporting their deaths by voting for pro-abortion politicians.
As for that hyperbolic assessment of people who disagree with you I honestly don't even know how to respond to that. You make some decent observations in the last half but it's completely overshadowed by the stubborn, exaggerated and unreasonable statements in the first half, i'm telling you this so that in the future you won't lose so much credibility when you are arguing your point.

As for the second half, I don't believe that life starts at conception. If an unborn child is a human being then why do you feel the need to specify that it is "unborn"? I'm sorry, for the majority of my life I was pro-life but I switched sides because I care more about the life of the living, breathing and feeling (emotionally) human being than the arguably living embryo. I straight up would have committed suicide if I had gotten pregnant when I was 18.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
unlike most people I realize that the president has VERY limited control over social issues such as abortion, gay marriage, marijuana laws etc.
Presidents can have great effect on social issues, and long after their tenure, through supreme court appointments. (Roe vs. Wade is the obvious example here.) Some people's vote is greatly influenced by this fact.