Denzel Washington - The Book of Eli - 2010 Trailer

Tools    

The Book of Eli

Looks wierd....I dunno how I feel about Denzel Washington is fight scenes. ts the Hughes Brothers(these dudes need to make more movies) so I'm slightly interested but they should have pick Will Smith to play that role.

how do you embed video in this thread?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If it were Will Smith it would be I Am Legend all over again.

Suspect's Reviews

That's true. I never thought about that.

If it were Will Smith it would be I Am Legend all over again.

Sadly, that we only have 2 great black actors that everybody love them.

This looks cool. I'll have to check this out.

Theatrical Trailer for The Book of Eli

The second trailer for the upcoming Denzel Washinton starrer, The Book of Eli, has debuted online ealier today for your viewing pleasure.

The new promo builds on and extends what we saw from the first teaser trailer and shows off much more of the secondary characters, combined with plenty of action. We also get our first scenes of Mila Kunis in action as the character, Solara.

The story of The Book of Eli centers on Denzel’s character, Eli, travelling through the post-apocalyptic wasteland of America, protecting a book that may hold the key to civilization’s survival. On his journey, Eli meets Gary Oldman’s character, Carnegie, the man in charge of a run-down town, Carnegie learns about the book Eli possesses and puts his efforts into taking it for himself.

To view the new theatrical trailer click here.

The Book of Eli is directed by Albert & Allen Hughes and opens January 15, 2010.

Source: Screenrant

Nice to see the Hughes brothers back making a feature film, even if it's not exactly what I'd like to see from them. What's it been since their last, almost a decade?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Well lets just hope it is better than I Am Legend eh? I reckon it will be. Plus you have two exceptional actors leading the cast this time.

Well lets just hope it is better than I Am Legend eh? I reckon it will be[i].
I am sure it will be. I Am Legend was entertaining in its own right I suppose. The only thing that stayed true to the whole "I Am Legend " story was the main character's name. Other than that, everything else was all screwed up. I am sure The Book of Eli will be a satisfying picture among the mass audience.

I know this thread is old, but surely its better to revive an old thread rather than creating a new one?

Anyone seen this film? The reviews look pretty bleak, but I know someone who wants to see it.
If someone has seen it, is it one of those films you can at least watch once, even if its not that great? Or is it a total avoid?

mmmm.....i love it when a fine looking man gets dirty. looks pretty awesome for us post-apocalyptic genre lovers out here. and Denzel, too? my my. he proved himself a great anti-hero in Man on Fire, so my bet is this is gonna be a great film....for me, at least. nice to see J. Beals getting back on the big screen as well. all around INTERESTING looking!

and since no one posted it, here is the official site. pretty intriguing...

http://thebookofeli.warnerbros.com/

y'know, I have to add that I'm really glad to see that Denzel can finally go off the grid and do some of the risque things he's probably always wanted to do. age does bring about some benefits, i suppose.