Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
I assume he was a Dharma person. And that being in the hatch is what saved them (him and Desmond) from the bad air. (Remember he used to go out with a gas mask and convinced Desmond it was still unsafe when it had long since become okay to go out?)

Why would they stay in the hatch pushing the button if they weren't Dharma (or at least, Dharma dupes or Workmen)? Did the Hostiles know about the button and hatch? Those were Dharma-built hatches.

I do wonder, though, what was happening on the island BEFORE that hatch and that button were installed. How did anyone keep the island from going nutzoid with the magnetic properties before that point??

I wouldnt mind all the hostiles being killed. New plotlines for the remaining seasons would be pretty refreshing. They dont have to tie all the questions up, but it's getting tiresome looking for the answers to all of the same old questions.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
To answer some questions.

The guy in the hatch with Desmond was Kelvin/Joe Inman. He was also the guy who ordered Sayid to torture one of his own men in his flashback. My thinking is once the war ended he was recruited (like Roger Linus) to work for Dharma, he went into the hatch. Desmond washed ashore later as we saw.

I do not think Ben knew about the Swan hatch, or rather it's location. After all he was just a 'workman'. He knew where the Pearl was, so he was spying on those in the Swan, but did not know its location.

I think the whole magnetic thing was created by DHARMA. It was their screw-up and they needed to push the button every 108 minutes to keep it stable. So before them there was no need for any nutzoid things.

Locke beat the crap out of Mikael because Ben said to him that he needed to care of the Naomi matter first. Locke beat up Mikael and now Ben has to take Locke to Jacob. Simple as that.

We know that The Hostiles and Dharma have been feuding, so maybe Richard killed one of the Dharam guys while he was outside the fence and took his clothes? lol.

They stayed in the hatch because they watched the orientation video, it was all an experiment remember?

As for the whole Richard - Birthday thing. At first I just thought it was because he lived on an island as a hostile, with no real sense of time. But no, with his non-apparent aging factor, maybe Ben meant something more.

Suspect's Reviews

EXCELLENT set-up for final episode.

Can. Not. Wait.

I really hope it delivers. The Desmond/Charlie scene was really well done, and i'm glad Des didn't go because he's one of the best characters though can't see how Charlie dies in the Des flash, yet.

Another thing, i've always assumed that Ben and Danielle got jiggy and made a baby, not that he could've just stolen her.

This was probably the most emotional episode of LOST yet, very good build up to the finale. Here is one fan's thoughts.

Anyone Cry?

I didn't, but it did strike me as emotional. With Charlie writing that list, I knew Claire had to be on their somewhere. She made the #1 spot, how sweet. I would have liked a tear trickle down Charlie's face when he walked away from Claire, that would have been a killer moment. Charlie is one of the most interesting characters, which might shock some of you, as many people hate him. I thought he was great in season one, then I absolutely hated him in season two. Now season three is finishing up and I've got a liking to him again. If someone has that much control over you, they HAVE to be interesting.

Anyone catch NADIA in Charlie's flashback? She was the woman he saved from the mugger. Another little LOST connection in the great scheme of things.

Danielle is DY-NO-MITE

We know why she was taking it, but why oh why did they waste it? Wouldn't it have been easier to just TELL them the plan and say BLOW THEM TO HELL, instead of wasting good dynamite to demonstrate to these people the plan. Sure it adds affect, but these people aren't dumb. You say boom, they get the idea, they don't need to see it to believe it. This reminded me of Season 2 when Locke was in the hatch with a then known HENRY (ben) and he discarded left over food.

Cleavage Shot

I know I was not the only one who got a quick glimpse of the good on Claire when she bent over to pick up Aaron.

Foreshadowing???

It might seem like we did not get a lot of answers tonight, but we may have gotten more then you would think. This could be far fetched but with LOST you never know. In the scene when ALEX is skinning, gutting, whatever to the rabbit. I for one took this as foreshadowing. We all know BEN has a pet white rabbit. We see this in his flashback episode and in Sawyers. In this episode ALEX has killed one and is preparing it for KARL. Does this really mean something else? Does BEN'S fate lie in the hands of his "daughter". Everyone on the island has daddy issues and I can really see BEN'S death being at the hands of his "daughter" That is something I would like to see.

How OLD is KARL?

He looks to be the same age as Alex, but if no one can be born on the island (conception) who are his parents? Where did he come from? And why does he seem to know the truth about ALEX and BEN? How old was he when they captured her? Obviously old enough to remember it, or was he told. It doesn't make sense to me that someone told him about it. This one piece of the puzzle doesn't really seem to fit for me.

Third Shooter.

As soon as I saw that Jin was the third shooter I had a sinking feeling in my heart. For some reason I just knew that these three men were going to die. It's been rumoured that 5 people are going to bite the dust. The previews didn't help either.

Let it be known here, the 5 I'm picking to die are:

Sayid
Jin
Bernard
Charlie
Jack.

Wait a minute, Charlie and Jack you say? Shouldn't Charlie have died in this episode? Well next week's preview sure showed us quite a bit, here is my theory. (Which if you read later on will contradict another theory, but that's how it goes).

We see the three men tied up and BEN giving the order to shoot them. 3 down right there. We also see Charlie tied up and get the snot beaten out of him, it's as simple as BEN giving the order to kill Charlie as well, once they radio to him there is an intruder. Last would be Jack. Why else would he tell KATE that he loves her? (Shown in preview) It honestly seems so out of place, the only time he would say something like that is if he was going to die.

There you have it, my predictions. Someone buy me a beer if come next week I'm right.

Contradicting Theory

Now this could be interesting. The two women down in the underwater hatch are not women from the OTHERS. They are with DHARMA. Stay with me for a minute. It is known that BEN is a liar, he lied to LOCKE, JACK, JULIET. The hatch is not full of water. All of the hatches were run by DHARMA employees. These two women were in that hatch when the purge happened. They have no communication with the other hatches or DHARMA now after they've all died and they've been under there for awhile. Is there something blocking the 16 year old message? Maybe, maybe not. How would Juliet know, she's only been there for 3 years. She's only going on what BEN has told her and BEN has been known to LIE.

Why did these two DHARMA women grab guns, easy, they thought Charlie was one of the HOSTILES. One of the OTHERS. There is only one way into that Hatch, and the two women have the advantage of weapons, protection and higher ground. No way the OTHERS could have taken that over.

Of course, these DHARMA chicks could still kill Charlie on their on will and my other theory would still hold up, but it seems Desmond comes to the rescue. Which begs the question if he got the letter wet, or left it in the boat.

Overall there were some nice touching moments with Charlie and Claire and then Charlie and Hurley. I'm excited we're going to be seeing the Radio Tower (hopefully) soon. Been wanting to see that since season 1. I anticipate the finale to come. I hope it holds me over till next season.

I'm with you on the deaths, Jack's run his course, think it would be a cop out if Charlie didn't get it though we didn't see Desmonds prediction this time, so it is accurate? Can see the three shooters going out as noble saviors, especially when Bernard joined them who's hardly been it at all but will have some emotional punch if he's killed.

I kinda agree with you about the chicks being Dharma though they have been there possibly a bit too long? The jamming signal could go either way on who's responsible but i think Charlie will turn it off so his death will happen, the people would be against Ben to let him.

Who was Nadia? That bit seemed like a nudge to Heroes where both are ending next week.

I've not seen the preview to have any reference points but can't wait for finale.

Bear in mind that the five people rumored to be dying in the finale don't have to all be Losties. Some can be Others, of course.... Not all of them have to have our sympathy.

I do agree that they conveniently brought Bernard back probably only to have him offed in the finale, and yes, it would have a lot of emotional punch because all he and Rose talk about is how they can't live without each other.

I hope they don't off Sayid. I think he's been a constant source of good scenes and dialogue. He knows too much about everything and yet isn't a know-it-all like Jack.

Did anyone see the special Lost: The Answers last night? In there, the producers came right out and said that Locke is going around making sure all the opportunities for rescue keep flopping. To me, my theory is this:

-- Since we know the show is running for three more 16-episode seasons (into 2010), then obviously they don't get rescued via Penny's boat. So, assuming Naomi hasn't been lying about that, then what happens? Plugging into what the producers said, and adding on that we conveniently didn't see ANYTHING on Locke this past week, I'm guessing that Locke conveniently shows up at some point and makes sure THIS effort flops too. Is he going to blow up the tower? something else? I don't think Locke is one of the dead. He was conscious the last time we saw him. That means something.

Not sure about the chicks on the Looking Glass station, but I thought that was a great surprise ending. For some reason, it didn't even occur to me that there could be people there.

I think Charlie is one of the doomed, if only because his story has run its course and he has made peace with his past and is going out doing something noble for others. At this point, his living would be anticlimactic.

My Death list:

Jack, Ben, Bernard, Sayid, Jin, Charlie

I agree with Aus that Sayid would be a bad choice to off, i'm hoping he's the one on my list who survives.

No mention of Micheal, no chance of him returning i take it.

Also, did the producers say the following season will involve some different/new characters or was that only Heroes. I think that Desmond's vision helicopter will save some but heopfully not write them out ala Micheal so there's some conclusion part some left for the show to continue.

I had always assumed that the Michael storyline had played itself out. Plus, of course, the actor playing Walt was growing up too fast considering they were only supposed to be on the island for a matter of weeks/months, not years! He apparently started going through puberty, etc.

I would, though, love to eventually see resolution of this storyline. Because, asssuming they made it back all right, what the heck did he TELL people?

IN FACT, assuming Naomi is telling the truth, then Michael must not have made it back. If he had, he would have righted the misinformation that everyone on the plane had died.

Hmmmm.....

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I agree, good point Austruck!

For me, Michael killing people was where the show first jumped the shark. I really liked his character before they did that with him.

It did it again with the black cloud kills Mr. Eko thing.

Still, I'm watching it. It's gotten better lately.

I no longer care about Kate or Jack. I do like Sawyer, Claire and her baby, John Locke Sayid and Jin.

I can't stand Juliet and Ben.

I'll be watching the season finale. That surprises me because at the end of last season I'd just about given up on the show. I wasn't sure I'd watch it past a couple of episodes this year.

I'm glad it's improved.

Lets put a smile on that block
jacks not going to die guys. He is the mascot for the show. he will be there till the very end. As for piggy nosed Charlie, let those Dharma babes mow him down.

And a little bit of inside info, Michael and Walt are coming back Walts story of his abilities is linked with the Island Natives.

blibby, then will they get a new actor to play Walt? You just know the dyed-in-the-wool Lost fans are going to go nuts about that. (There will be whole threads discussing whether this is the real Walt or if something happened to him, etc. etc. I'm chuckling just thinking about it.)

Assuming the producers are going to eventually tie up weird loose ends like Walt's weird ESP-powers, then I assumed they never made it back but are either somewhere else (the second island? a third island?) or sailing around and around the island looking for a way off. How many Lost days has it been since they left? Not as many as you'd think, I guess....

And, of course, we know that vessels/vehicles of any kind don't have an easy time of it getting there or getting away. I always assumed the sub worked because it passed *under* any sort of weird electromagnetic signals or anomalies that made other vessels crash (planes, boats, helicopters...).

If Naomi is telling the truth, perhaps her own boat has crashed. Or if a helicopter does come, will it crash too? with Losties on it this time?

2nites episode bought a tear 2 my eye

There were a few poignant moments, for sure. And that ending ... my daughter and I semi-guessed it at the beginning but were skeptical that we were right till the very end....

Questions so far:

-- Whose funeral was that? Who wouldn't get anyone to come? And whose funeral would Kate not want to go to? Ben? Sawyer? Locke?

-- Was Ben telling the truth? Will those who talked on the sat-phone turn out to be worse than the Others?

-- How the heck did Charlie talk to Penny (who's not on a boat offshore)? Where is Penny now?

-- Hurley rulz! (Okay, that wasn't a question.)

I wipe my ass with your feelings
LOST is beginning to suck.

This series finale basically did it for me.

Seriously...the entire series was created on make up stuff as you go. It worked for awhile, but they completely screwed that up. If you don't believe me, just go watch some of the extra footage in the season DVDs.

They've basically put themselves back into a corner with the future episodes.

They maid Jack look like Hanks from Castaway.

Kate is def. pregnant by Sawyer.

Locke is probably the one that died too.

The thing that confuses me the most is this:

JACK MENTIONS TO HIS NEW CHIEF SURGEON TO GET HIS DAD DOWN HERE AND WONDER WHETHER OR NOT HE'S MORE DRUNK THAN HE IS. WHADDA**** IS UP WITH THAT? I think they're all dead, but in hell. *nod*
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

I don't think it was ment to be taken literally.

I took it as his father drunk so much that even after death he still has more alcohol in him then Jack does now.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
He said call my dad.