Where do I go Now that netflix does not rent DVD's anymore?

Tools    

I'm going to drop netflix and pick up Amazon Prime. Prime gives me access to Movies, music, books, plus free shipping. I'll only pay $20-$30 more than I was paying for Netflix. Where do I get older movies that are probably not available on Amazon Prime. If we do Film Noir next where do I get my movies from? I have only streamed from amazon and netflix. Can someone suggest other sources.

I'm going to drop netflix and pick up Amazon Prime. Prime gives me access to Movies, music, books, plus free shipping. I'll only pay $20-$30 more than I was paying for Netflix. Where do I get older movies that are probably not available on Amazon Prime. If we do Film Noir next where do I get my movies from? I have only streamed from amazon and netflix. Can someone suggest other sources.
The future is now. It's a subscription model. Amazon Prime is going be adding adverts in 2024 (yes, you're going to pay to be served ads). For another 3 or 4 bucks, however, they will still keep you ad-free.
An Amazon ad. He wants money. Give him more money and he'll go away. You know, like YouTubeRed so you can watch cat videos without commercial interruptions, because the spirit of YouTube was always big channels with heavily produced content.

There are a lot of "free" streaming services with oddball content which you can watch if you can stand the ads.

I'm sorry. You thought you cut the cord. You didn't. Cable is back. It's a dozen "plus" channels that trade old media like baseball cards to create the illusion of expanding a virtual library. Pay for your channels. Pay for your ads. Pay more and we will let you be ad free until we hike the prices again.

Just do an internet search for the movie title and year and sort by video tab and long duration, you'll find the common sites that are legit that have movies (YouTube, Internet Archives, ok.ru, Daily Motion, etc). I use DuckDuckGo and here's the search results for Double Indemnity (1944)
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Double+Ind...uration%3Along
***Note all major search engines now exclude illegal movie sites, so the search results are safe to visit.

***Note all major search engines now exclude illegal movie sites, so the search results are safe to visit.

Great, now I need to find an illegal search engine. Alas, the dark web is poorly lit.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Prime gives me access to Movies, music, books, plus free shipping.
And Thursday Night Football.

It seems TCM has a lot of old movies and you can get that streaming on Sling and a few other places.

Great, now I need to find an illegal search engine. Alas, the dark web is poorly lit.
Ha! I actually tried that after I read the search results for illegal sites were demoted. So far I haven't found a search engine for that.

Buy them. There are super-bargains on big sets, like 100 noir films for like $12, as cheap as two rental nights. Amazon has plenty of big sets, as do some of those close-out stores like Big Lots. I have more DVD's than my probable life span, if I watch 18 hours per day.

Criterion Channel.

Ha! I actually tried that after I read the search results for illegal sites were demoted. So far I haven't found a search engine for that.
If you know what they are, you don’t need to search. If you know, you know.

They don't? That's news to me.
I stopped Netflix way back as they weren't getting any where nearly as many good films as Amazon. I'd suggest Amazon

Another option you might want to check out is Classic Cinema Online, a free streaming website with a vast collection of timeless films.

Another option you might want to check out is Classic Cinema Online, a free streaming website with a vast collection of timeless films.
Are you sure that's safe? I tried going there and got this:
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.classiccinemaonline.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

I'd just like to put in a plug for utilizing and supporting your local library system. With very few exceptions, I've been able to get my hands on the movies that I want to watch. If my local library doesn't have it, they order it from within the county. And if the county doesn't have it, there are other counties they cooperate with for requests. You can even request that your system purchase a title if it's not currently something they own.

And in many counties, having a library card also gives you access to free streaming rentals through either Kanopy or Hoopla (I get 10 free movies or TV episodes per month from each service--20 free films!).

Supporting your library system also helps ensure that films and other resources are available to people for whom streaming services might not be in their budget.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Are you sure that's safe? I tried going there and got this:
Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www.classiccinemaonline.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Try accessing the website with Chrome. I'm not having any problems accessing the site.

Criterion Channel: Offers a curated collection of classic, independent, and international films.
TCM (Turner Classic Movies): TCM has a streaming service that provides access to a wide range of classic films.

Check your local library.

Mine has a decent selection of DVDS available, plus my library account gives me free access to Kanopy, where I can stream a few movies each month.

That's some bad hat, Harry.
Some of your best options are MUBI and Curzon as well as BFI Player. If you still use physical media, you can rent movies on DVD and Blu-ray via post from Cinema Paradiso - https://www.cinemaparadiso.co.uk/