The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
The first game is based on the old Neverwinter Nights engine so it won't take a massively powerful machine to run decently.

A system of cells interlinked
You addicted, meaty?

I am neck-deep in a new guild on WOW, so I haven't had a chance to play SC2 yet...

there's a frog in my snake oil

Bah, finished HL Ep 2

When's part 3 coming out again?

You addicted, meaty?

I am neck-deep in a new guild on WOW, so I haven't had a chance to play SC2 yet...
It's such a beautiful RTS because matches can end before 8 minutes are up, or in some cases last longer than an hour. About 10 times faster than WC3 (not sure about SC original never really played it).

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

Bah, finished HL Ep 2

When's part 3 coming out again?
Same here dude I finished it recently now Im lost

I have been playing 007 Quantum of Solace its an ok game I suppose, I got to a level where I had to destroy a helicopter ontop of a roof, but on the way to the roof I swopped my grenade launcher for a machine gun and basically it is just a fail over 20 goes to destroy that thing but no cigar as it were, I'll get back to it later.

HL3's in the works, as is HL2 Ep 3 (Accrington Stanley 1 ), and Valve are promising a new version of the Source engine for it to run on. I can't help feeling that, with Crysis etc not exactly looking new themselves, it's gonna have to do something special to graphically compete with modern shooters. Unless the Source engine is rebuilt from the ground up, that is.

My Orange Box replacement replacement has arrived! With a distinct scratch on the disc. I'm installing it now to see if it works ok - the great thing about the 360 is that a disc just needs to cope with the initial install then a quick check every time the game wants to be played.

The perils of buying used...

EDIT - Phew! It works.

Now to try the Mafia II demo. I quite liked the original game when I had it on PC and it's built up a loyal following in the modding community but the sequel is getting talked up in a rather frightening fashion.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I cleared HalfLife 2 last night loved it its such a cool game, im currently playing HL2 ep 1 now and its also awesome I have just left the carpark with the three antlion holes.
Half Life 2 is probably one of the most unique shooters ever in that you have to solve things and think more.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I borrowed Bioshock from my bro-in-law so Ive got this to play plus I picked up Assassins Creed and Lost Planet both for Ł5 so we have some games to be playing

Currently playing Mass Effect 2, it's awesome, as is Mass Effect 1. I'm doing more side missions and exploring with ME2 than I did with ME 1. I keep thinking, why didn't I do it with Mass Effect. I'm thinking of going through Mass Effect 1 at some point and playing as a renegade biotic using person women, yeah.

why didn't I do it with Mass Effect.
Because Mass Effect had the friggin' Mako? When you eventually got to your destination you were invariably running down the same tunnel or found yourself in the same generic warehouse.

Those little gripes aside, it's a fantastic game.

I'd love to have the depth of ME with the playability of ME2.

Never played a mmo before.., but i bought Age of Conan a year or so ago (lost it then found it) and started playing it last week, dam that s**ts addictive.

Come play WOW with us!

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
What server are you on Sedai?

Zul'Jin - Horde side

Guild = Fangtasia

We were all on Cenarius, but Horde went in the toilet on that server, so we all moved to ZJ, which is a kick-ass server.

Super casual guild with a range of play styles. We have a few hard core raiders and just as many of not more casual folks that like leveling etc.

Fangtasia

Pay no attention to the level 16 GM - A friend of mine created the guild on an alt.

My toons are Seradiin(main), Draelan, and Melissandra

Ohhhhhh, I just downloaded the demo of Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light off XBL, expecting some pale imitation cashing in on the old girl's formally good name.

Wrong!

In effect it's an isometric Tomb Raider game from the days (ie: two console generations ago) when Tomb Raider games were good. It's also co-op, which is a nice twist.

Very pleasantly surprised.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Zul'Jin - Horde side

Guild = Fangtasia

We were all on Cenarius, but Horde went in the toilet on that server, so we all moved to ZJ, which is a kick-ass server.

Super casual guild with a range of play styles. We have a few hard core raiders and just as many of not more casual folks that like leveling etc.

Fangtasia

Pay no attention to the level 16 GM - A friend of mine created the guild on an alt.

My toons are Seradiin(main), Draelan, and Melissandra
Nice, I'll try and create my next alt there and maybe join you.