"The Island" and a Mystery it hides

→ in
Tools    

It's like if I wasn't here at Movie Forums -- if I had never joined -- Movie Forums might be completely different. Certain other people might not even be here, the layout could be different, hell, the site may even be closed. I've always felt I've kept this place going.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Where's the proof? anyone one of us are capable of making 180 degree turn at any moment in their existence, omitting predestiny imo.

There is defiantly cause and effect for every action but i would not equate that to a divine design or alien stratagem.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

However i do believe in alien life form, just not alien overlords.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've always felt that if one is unable to distill a 'complex' idea down to one simple paragraph, then the idea is not yet fully formed.

Dude, cut the wheat from the chaff. Make a clear point. If you can't do that then I have no desire to try to make sense of what you've written.

There is elegance in simplicity. Seek it!
Amen. I love this post.

As Bob Bailey used to say, "You can try to baffle me with your bullsh!t all you want, but if you can't speak plainly, you don't know what you're talking about."

You ready? You look ready.
What he's saying is if none of you had ever met me and I didn't exist you would all live miserable and depressing lives. Volkodav speaks truth. Nuff said.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

He's saying that there's no free will and that if any of us were different, we would all be different, too.

If things had turned out differently -- if one of us wasn't here or something, never existed -- we would be different in some way. We would be leading different lives.
Yep.

Your presence is affecting us all now, V. Thanks for joining the site.

Thank you.

i kinda liked the first third of the movie, it made for an intriguing scifi take on a premise that i really like, the movie goes downhill when the leads leave the facility....

You can't win an argument just by being right!
i kinda liked the first third of the movie, it made for an intriguing scifi take on a premise that i really like, the movie goes downhill when the leads leave the facility....
I agree. And Ewan's attempt at an accent grabbed my ear and ripped it off my head. That hurt. Still, I enjoyed that movie.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Legendary thread!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A system of cells interlinked
I got tricked into clicking on this damned thread again...When will I learn?!

Get it? Damned?

Muahahahahahahahahahaha

Disclaimer: The above post may or may not be from hell.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Loved the idea but was SO turned off the moment dialogue was reduced to, "RUN!" every 8 minutes. I've not seen this movie since renting it so many years ago, but that still haunts me.