22nd Hall of Fame

Tools    

I don't see how you can justify keeping someone out of a Hall especially when they've never failed to finish one
I don't think raul's trying to keep him out, just verifying that he's sure about the decision after what he said before.

And I changed my mind. If that isn’t asatisfactory explanation to you, and If I must explain it, I will.
Going over the films, I realized that a few could go for a rewatch. Shine has been about 23 years and The state of Siege and The Last Picture Show have been around a decade since my initial view. They could use a fresh viewing.
Second, my main motivation is time available. Work has now decreased my workload finally, and I now have Thursdays and Fridays off for the next month. That’s a whole other issue. But I now have more time to dedicate to this.
I figured I could change my mind since we have a week still to join, and figured “Why not?”
Hence, me joining.
Now, I realize last night may have....come off the wrong way. Tone and intention don’t always mix over message boards and Can be misinterpreted. So I again want to reiterate it meant no slight by it, and I apologize if you think it was.
That being said, the final decision is yours.
Happy to have you!

The trick is not minding
Yeah, he's in im just making sure he's committed.

He is nominating Genocide (1981)
I mean....when I join these I do see them through. Usually right up until the last week, but I see them through haha!
I also flip flopped on the personal recommendations HOF. Sometimes the pull is too great, and I change my mind.
Either way, glad to be on board.
Documentaries are not well represented in these so I figure I’d throw one out.
This won the academy award for best Documentary back in 1982

Yeah, he's in im just making sure he's committed.

Is this the movie
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082443/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

It says it's a 1982 film. If so it looks good to me, maybe the most interesting nom in the entire HoF. Glad to have you join Wyldesyde

Is this the movie

It says it's a 1982 film. If so it looks good to me, maybe the most interesting nom in the entire HoF. Glad to have you join Wyldesyde
Yes, easily the most obscure one too which is super cool!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
my thoughts on the nominations:

Mildred Pierce (1945, Directed by Michael Curtiz)
Nominated by Citizen Rules
It's been a while so it'll be great to see this again.

The Last Picture Show (1971, Directed by Peter Bogdanovich)
Nominated by Rauldc14
This was disqualified when it was in the 70s HoF so I'm glad I'll have another chance to see it.

State of Siege (1972, Directed by Costa-Gavras)
Nominated by Siddon
Completely unknown to me, so it'll be exciting to discover

Shine (1996, Directed by Scott Hicks)
Nominated by Edarsenal
I was hoping to do a rewatch this before nominating it since I haven't seen it since it came out. But it was the film that opened my eyes to Rush, so. . .

The Matrix (1999, Directed by the Wachowskis)
Nominated by Thursday Next
One of my "Countless Watch" films. WOO HOO

Inglorious Basterds (2009, Directed by Quentin Tarantino)
Nominated by Ahwell
I am a Tarantino fanboy so, while I know this film extremely well, I'm more than happy to rewatch it.

Blue Ruin (2014, Directed by Jeremy Saulnier)
Nominated by Cosmic Runaway
Cosmic films have been quite the journey for me so I'm intrigued to see where this one takes me

I, Daniel Blake (2016, Directed by Ken Loach)
Nominated by Neiba
I remember the title and a curiosity regarding this when it came out. And now, lil miss curiosity kitty is getting fed

Dronningen aka Queen of Hearts (2019, Directed by May El-Toukhy)
Nominated by MovieMeditation
Looks like this may be on the hard hitting side, but I've been intrigued by MM's past films, so, happy to venture forth.

Joker (2019, Directed by Todd Phillips)
Nominated by Miss Vicky
I am very much on the fence about this film even with Phoenix being his usual powerhouse so I'm looking forward to seeing this and how I feel about it.

Genocide (1982Directed by Arnold Schwartzman)
Nominated by Wyldesyde19
Not a documentary fan per se but the subject matter has always intrigued me throughout my life, so I'm very on board to seeing this.

The trick is not minding
Is this the movie

Yep. That’s the one!
Hope you guys enjoy it! I know docs can be a bit of an acquired taste for some.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Since everyone else is doing it... movies I have nominated in halls of fame:

2nd: Cabaret
5th: Plein Soleil
6th: Brokeback Mountain
8th: Head-On
9th: Brief Encounter
10th: Blade Runner
15th: In the Mood For Love

1st short: Scorpio Rising
2nd short: Paperman
3rd short: I Don't Want to go Back Alone
Documentary: Exit Through the Gift Shop (winner)
Sci-fi/Horror: 28 Days Later
Live Action Musical: West Side Story (winner)
Women Directors: A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night
Best Picture: Moonlight
Foreign Language: Age of Shadows
30s Part II : The Thin Man

I guess it's another film where the internet hasn't come to a consensus, since Wikipedia's claiming the year is 1981.

At least now I'm not the only one who has nominated a film with an inconclusive release date.

Although I may rewatch the Matrix this week I'll probably get a late start on most of these since I'm trying to watch a last couple Westerns, as I know several people in this HoF are.

Joker (2019, Directed by Todd Phillips)
Nominated by Miss Vicky
I am very much on the fence about this film even with Phoenix being his usual powerhouse so I'm looking forward to seeing this and how I feel about it.
I have to ask why are you on the fence about Joker? It sounds like you haven't seen it already?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Although I may rewatch the Matrix this week I'll probably get a late start on most of these since I'm trying to watch a last couple Westerns, as I know several people in this HoF are.
No worries. I'm usually one of the last to finish these anyways